• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Please share your thoughts! FRER shadow line question!!

OlderMomma

Reaction score
Hello ladies! I hope that you don't mind that I ask you all for assistance with my current frustration. I have goggled a bunch and this site comes up a lot and so I thought I'd post a question myself. I'm brand new to the site. I hope you don't mind that I bug you with my question, as I am not exactly ttc but am trying to figure out if i am pregnant...and I am over 40 (gasp)...late for period. If I were pregnant, I wold be happy and embrace the pregnancy. And as I have been wondering, I have even gotten myself excited!! Anyhoo- I have a lot of respect for those tcc, as i recall actively trying myself and what a journey it is!
OK...with that out of the way!!!!...my question is that I have been using the FRER tests. I am getting these wayyyyyy faint lines that I can see if I tilt the test just so in natural light. I am TRYING to see if there is pink there but cannot tell! (ARRRGG). the so very shadowy line is indeed coming up with in 3-5 min. it gets darker over the day. The one I took 2 days ago even turned pink after like 5 hours (i know, not supposed to re-check!!). This morning's test (FMU) came up quicker and maybe a smidgen darker but still can't tell if pink and still so very faint, like almost not there, could not even take a pic with camera, would not show. Can it be a BFP?? I am hearing 2 things online- one is even a shadow within the time frame is pos and that these "shadows" turn to BFP in a few days...the other thing i am hearing is that the shadow is just a pre-existing line on the test where that would turn pos if HCG were present and this is a neg result...what are your oppinions?? I actually called the company and they saif it's neg but then i see people online saying this situation was the start of their pos...I used FRER with my son 11 years ago and got the faintest pink line that went on to get darker. And I've taken neg tests with FRER and i do not recall evaps or grey/shadow lines. this is so confusing!! I started testing sun and today is thurs so seems i should have gotten an obvious BFP by now. Also, my cycles are irreg now so have no idea when i O'd, only that i have not had a period in 2 months...
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!! any thought would be so apreciated!
I hate starring at the ghost lines! Arrrg!

Hi and welcome! Sometimes if you squint hard enough you can see the indent of where a positive line would be with a frer, but when I had a negative frer it was whiter than white, I only saw a line when I was pregnant. So perhaps this is promising for you!! My first sign of pregnancy was a test I went back to ( yes naughty ) and it had developed over several hours into a faint line ( it was an 'internet cheapie' test as we call them!) but I don't want to encourage returning to tests as really your not meant to. Keep testing because if it is a positive for you the line should get clearer each day. Try some other brands too. Good luck xxx ps ignore any spelling mistakes if there are some it's my iPod!!!

I tested last night using a FRER and had exactly the same thing. Slight shadowy line that you can see if you look at it closely enough, but I have no pregnancy symtoms other than a nice looking chart.

Im pretty sure it means BFN..........sorry!!!:hugs::hugs:

Thank You so much for your replies ladies! It's so hard not to read into these shadowy/ grey/ white/ mayyyyybe pink lines!! In my memory, frer did not have these lines before... I know you aren't supposed to read after 10 min but it seems that many women talk about seeing a pos result/ darker line hours later and ended up being truly pregnant. I could see the line from a few feet away after 1/2 a day went by! LOL I guess I should try a digital but I'm holding off for a few days. I'm probably not pregnant...

I am excited you are here, I am over 40 as well (there are quite a few of us here) Good luck to you! I get those kind of lines sometimes on FRER, they suck for that! I hope you get some answers soon, and try posting the pic we love to analyze tests!

Well if you could see it a few feet away after 1/2 a day, thats different luv......fx thats a BFP coming your way then.......

Im with amommy...............post post post!!!!

Taurus8484 REALLY? you think maybe? Omigosh. I forgot to mention that I...er...took the test apart, but well after the 10 min time so as not to get false results, just to try and see line better. Even though i can see it a few feet away I STILL cannot for sure tell whether it's pink or not grrrr!!
So are you saying that the frer tests that develope more clearly over say 24 hours are more likely to be BFP than ones that just stay the same?
THANKS LADIES!! :)
I am not at home right now. Will try to see if I can figure out how to post a pic later!

Sorry no advise really just wanted to say Welcome and Good Luck!! X

I dont want to get your hopes up at all.....sorry if it sounded like I did.

At the end of the day, you shouldnt have to pull it apart and study it upside down, inside out and turn it this way and that way to see if you can see a line. I know, I do it myself all the time and then get mad at myself for doing it.

Then I talk sense into myself, I know what a positive tests looks like, seen them myself, and if it doesnt come up with the time limit and its not pink then its not positive.

Not at the moment anyways........not saying it wont be positive in a couple of days......just dont get your hopes up yet......

I really really do hope this is it for you though........good luck and let me know how you go.....fx

Taurus8484- Don't be sorry at all!! No worries! You are so very right. Even though I KNOW that if i have to take it apart, squint, etc, there's prob no *real* line, i still do it... the line from yesterday got darker overnight but i'm sure that a test sitting for 24 hours is way more unreliable than a test sitting for say 5 hours- haha
Like I said when i posted, if I were pregnant, this would have been a surprise. I got all excited about the idea but oh well :( I think it's prob neg.. .all 5 FRER that i took have shadowy lines (3rd one darker and even a tiny pink...) but they should have gotten progressively more true *pos* looking if I were really pregnant. Right?
Thank you ladies for the warm welcome! And good luck to you!
I'll keep ya posted if anything changes! :)

I know it's an old thread. Just wanted to know how it turned out. I am going through the same thing and it's driving me crazy. Of course, if I wait a couple of days it will be clearer but you know how the wait is. I feel like I'm losing it.
:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->