Please tell me all isn't lost!?!

GreyGirl

Pregnant with no2!
Reaction score
Hi - brief story...

I have PCOS. I had an ectopic in 2010 and a rainbow baby in 2012. Lost my right tube and so was told I'd have even less chance every month. My cycles were long and sporadic before. Since having my daughter I've lost over 2 stone (around 30lbs for my US readers) and my cycles improved. I was regularly ovulating between cd20-21, which is early for me and it was like clockwork - amazing!
So skip to us trying this month, our first ttc#2 and it's an important cycle because it's the same one I've got pregnant before both times. We dtd a lot last week leading up to cd20-21, expecting it to be the same as the others. Then a total negative opk on cd21...I have PCOS and normally have at least some line most of the time. This threw me. We dtd again Saturday night and didn't last night as we'd decided to do every other day so we didn't burn out. So we skipped last night and planned to tonight.
Then this morning I get an almost positive opk (almost same colour at control line, not quite) and now I'm hoping it's not a positive and that I'll get my positive and ovulate tomorrow. But if it was a positive and we dtd tonight, but I ovulate today some time, is there any chance we'll have caught the egg? Now I'm kicking myself for every other day and missing yesterday, just in case.

Sorry, that wasn't short. I guess my question really is whether or not you can get pregnant same day you ovulate, even if a couple of hours after you ovulate???

Thanks in advance for any replies, I really want to make the most of this cycle :)

I think you still have a 24hr after you ovulate to bd :)

I thnk u can ovulate anywhr betwwen 24/36 hrs after first positive opk & can take sperm anywhere frm few hrs to 12 to reach egg so yep i thnk thr still is a chance as i follow smep & tels u t bd 3 days in a row after first opk so chance must be thr. Good luck hun x

Thank you :D

I got a proper positive opk this morning after dtd last night, so I'm hoping if we can dtd tonight and tomorrow if my temp hasn't spiked, then fingers crossed we've given it our best shot this month :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->