Please tell me I'm not alone?

btw Jasmine does not have long naps in the day yet either, but she sleeps through almost 12 hours... I figured once she is more active she may have a better daytime nap.

Only one night a week? Lucky you! I think the only answer in our house is for me to switch my body clock completely - play with Byron all night and sleep all day. If only it were possible...

btw Jasmine does not have long naps in the day yet either, but she sleeps through almost 12 hours... I figured once she is more active she may have a better daytime nap.

Hannah has never slept for long periods of time during the day. Once in a while I get lucky and she sleeps an hour but they are mostly power naps of 30-45 minutes. But she goes to bed early at night and mostly sleeps through except for that talking period :rofl:

Hannah has never slept for long periods of time during the day. Once in a while I get lucky and she sleeps an hour but they are mostly power naps of 30-45 minutes. But she goes to bed early at night and mostly sleeps through except for that talking period :rofl:

Ya, im not really too worried about it now... I only wish I could sleep at night haha... I am awake half the night myself, I guess I just got used to waking up so much being pregnant and then when Jasmine was a newborn.

Thanks for all the replies girls :hugs:

She slept from 3am-7am unbroken so I got 4 hours sleep last night. Problem was she was sleeping on my chest, which I'm told is a big no no as it's dangerous.

Since then it's just been 10mins here and there all day since 7am. She seems a lot more windy that usual, and her crying is quite pained so Im wondering if she has trapped wind and that's what stopping her from getting into a proper sleep, plus the fact she's overtired too.

Two people in this thread have recommended that Papsasan, is it really worth it? She has this: https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/pro...-starlite-swing-pudding-pip/470510400/type-i/ which moves side to side and has lights and music. She likes it, but it doesn't get her off to sleep very often.

I am really looking forward to her growing out of this stage. I don't know how you Mums who are months ahead of me and having the same issues have managed for so long! I take my hat off to you.

I think I'm not even going to try to get to bed tonight. It just doesn't work as soon as I lay her down she screams. I'll sleep on the sofa if I can get her over, which is actually really comfy.

In a funny way it's comforting to know other people know what it's like, if that makes sense.

Jasmine has a swing that goes back and forth or side to side... Which she loved and it helped tons when she was cranky.

Similiar to this, but we have a fish one that lights up and stuff:
https://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=2679504&cp=2582922.2582922&parentPage=family

Jasmine also loves if I sit on my yoga ball and bounce while holding her... It has been the only thing thats calmed her on her most cranky days.

oh ya, I wouldn't bother buying another swing... Jasmine used hers the most during her first month, and doesn't use it alot now.

Have you tried infacol for the wind? Byron started with colic about 2 weeks and we use infacol religiously and he is mostly ok. Just occasional bouts of whinging about farts. Apparently though, often when babies get upset the vigorous movement makes them fart rather than them crying over the wind so we might assume it's colic when really the wind is a product of the being upset rather than the other way around.

Tbh, I would have killed my OH if he did that to me. There's nothing wrong with her sleeping on your chest - the guidelines all say that a baby should not sleep on it's stomach unless it's on your chest.

We've been giving her infacol since 2 weeks before every feed. We're trying infacol and colief now.

She is crying lots, and she is farting like you say which calms her for a minute straight afterwards. I can hear her tummy which sounds quite windy. Shes also passing 3 very small bowel movements in 24 hours which is unusual, and crying lots before passing them. Normally it's one big one.

Tbh, I would have killed my OH if he did that to me. There's nothing wrong with her sleeping on your chest - the guidelines all say that a baby should not sleep on it's stomach unless it's on your chest.

Yeah at 2am when poo leaked out her nappy and went everywhere and I had to bathe her, I was very tempted to wake him up!

Thank god you said that about the chest sleeping. I've fallen asleep a few times like that but with me lying flat on my back and her lying on top of me and I've always beaten myself up afterwards as I was told by someone that she could smother like that. :cry:

I was going nuts last night , max would not sleep and it was 3 am :(

As for the swing being worth it, it's all a matter of opinion, and it sucks because you don't know how long Niamh is going to like it for. Like Ryder pointed out, her little girl only liked the swing for a month.

My nephew used his for 6 months solid. I think it all depends on the dispositon of the baby. It is quite an extra expense though, so I could understand being hesatant. :)

hun i completely sympathise with you, i am having a day pretty much identical to yours!!

When Jasper as a bit littler and doing that I'd hold him for a good sleep time rather than putting him down to bed, because i felt it would reset his pattern for the day. It'd be like he was too tired to cope sleeping so I'd give him oe good sleep to get him to a place where he could sleep on his own.

Also, I'd put him in the pram and go for a LONG walk - like over an hour, because he'd sleep while the pram was moving... the long walk often involved window shopping:blush: and sometimes actual shopping :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->