Please tell me what you think

lw0619

Reaction score
Ladies I hope you don't mind me posting here. I'm not actually TTC at the moment. But I have a question and y'all are usually more helpful than google. Short back story... I never had cycles until I had surgery to remove a tumor from my pituitary glad that was producing too much prolactin a year ago. I was finally able to get pregnant right after that and I've had cycles ever since I had her. But they've gotten longer each month. Ok... So this month I decided to do some experimenting just to see if I could get an idea of what my body was doing. Last cycle was 44 days long. I got a positive OPK on CD 15 during my current cycle and stopped testing after that. Now I'm currently on CD 42. Tons of CM right now. I've been cramping so I thought I was about to start. I happened to have one last OPK and thought what the heck? Took it just now and the test line came up immediately and darker than the control line. I mean... What do you think is going on? I realize it could be anything but I just wanted to hear your thoughts. DH and I use protection every time so I know I'm not pregnant. That was actually confirmed with some recent blood work. Any thoughts??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 16
I know that sometimes our bodies can gear up to ovulate but don't and then actually ovulate late that cycle. That may be what happened. Have you had any tests to see if your pituitary gland is doing what it should still?

I know you're saying that you are using protection BUT let me share with you my story.

When I fell pregnant with my son I only found out because I used an OPK and the line came up immediately and was very dark like yours. Normally when I get a positive OPK because I'm ovulating it takes a few minutes to show a positive result, but when I was pregnant the result came up immediately.

I thought this was a bit strange so I sent OH out to get a pregnancy test and it was positive with evening urine!

What type of contraception are you using?

X

That OPK looks negative to me. Some women get a 2nd serge right before AF. Remember though, having a serge doesn't mean you will ovulate. And some women always have a little LH in their system.

If you were using protection I really don't think you are pregnant, if you think you have symptoms then wait a few days and test with a HPT.

That OPK looks negative to me. Some women get a 2nd serge right before AF. Remember though, having a serge doesn't mean you will ovulate. And some women always have a little LH in their system.

If you were using protection I really don't think you are pregnant, if you think you have symptoms then wait a few days and test with a HPT.

The test line is the darker line, which is the positive result. Or am I getting mixed up?! I always thought the test line had to be equal to or darker than the control line to be a positive, I think the control line is the lighter one here?

yes its deff pos i would guess u started to ov cd 15 failed and now u are ovulating xx

The test line is the darker line, which is the positive result. Or am I getting mixed up?! I always thought the test line had to be equal to or darker than the control line to be a positive, I think the control line is the lighter one here?

Oh no you are right, I had them mixed up....though I would count that test as invalid considering how light that control line is. Something isn't right.

Even so - a positive OPK around AF time =/= pregnant. Like I said before, some women always have a little LH in their system, and some enough to get a positive OPK when AF is due.

Lol benjismom! I do too. Which is why I randomly took this test. Yes the picture is upside I think but if you look the test line is way darker than the control line. Maybe this was a faulty test. It's just a cheapie dollar store one. I had the blood work done about a week ago. We use condoms. I didn't want to get on the pill bc I wanted to see what my body did on it's own. Long story... But I never has a period before due to the pituitary thing. That's why I recently had bloodwork done to check all that out. Which came back normal. Of course I did what I didn't want to do and googled and now I'm wondering if I've developed PCOS. I have several symptoms... A little overweight especially in midsection, irregular long cycles, tons of cm late in my cycle (like TONS!!!). Something just seems imbalanced. Thanks for all your responses ladies. Maybe I'll take an HPT just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->