Pls recommend me a double jogger pram! Im lost!

sandilion

Reaction score
So I have DD due in Nov - and i have decided it's time to get cracking with organising a new pram.

DS is almost 2.5 years old.... and once DD is born it will be during summer so i want to get out of this house and go on lots of outings!!!

I need a sturdy jogger double pram recommendation. We're very outdoorsy people... and I want to get something that DS will also nap in on our outings.

Thanks so much all! I hope this is the right place to post this.

:flower:

Have you thought about a buggy board? Or a sling for baby until your eldest grows out of a buggy which could be very soon? I wouldn't think a double buggy is worth the expense and bulky inconvenience at that age, we completely stopped using a buggy by the time DS was 3 and were very, very rarely using it in the couple of months leading up to his birthday. We go out a lot too, I think that's why DS didn't need a buggy for long as he was used to walking.

Do you think he will be in a buggy for long once baby is here? It might be worth getting a single and a buggy board so you aren't stuck with a double that wont need using after a few months

I guess what i am thinking is when we're out and about - say a day at the zoo and DS gets tired, where will he nap? Do your toddlers nap at all during your day out? Or do they get over excited and don't even nap anyways? I guess that's a possibility for DS...

Oscar is 3 next week and only very occassionally has a nap. Like two or three times a month. I wouldnt allow a nap whilst out and about at that age purely because its not very practical for us!

I had a double for my boys and they are 18mo apart. I got rid and changed to a single with buggy board when Osc was about 2 and a half and it worked very well. Could be different for you though if your DS likes to nap in the pram!

How about a phil & teds? You can use it with the second seat but then it works as a single when your ds is out of a buggy completely.

I didn't buy a double initially (2y9m gap), but ended up buying the phil & teds explorer. My eldest wasn't napping at this stage, but it was more for days where the walk was just too far.

I did look at buggy boards, but I was using a baby jogger city mini at the time and the handlebar isn't adjustable so it wouldn't have worked. If I was buying a side by side double, I would definitely have gone for the city mini double but went phil & teds as I knew I would be using it as a single as well.

Although my son did still nap at home for 2 hours in the afternoon (he still will now at 3 and 10 months if I want him to lol) he didn't really *need* it at your son's age in the same way a younger toddler does, if we went to the zoo for example he wouldn't nap, as you say he would be over excited and wouldn't get tired in the day, although usually meant a tired boy at bed time but not worth making him nap in the day.

We live in London and quickly got fed up of taking a buggy on the tube so I think this just got us to get him used to walking, even now he doesn't really ask to be carried or anything he never says he's tired and we do a lot of walking. I guess every kid is different though, but I would be tempted to wait a few months because you know how quickly kids change.

I would recommend a Phil & Teds. We had the Sport model. It was great off roading. You have the option to have it as a single or a double.

If y ou are looking at Phil and Teds you need to find out f you can get a decent recline for DS. We got rid of ours because of the lack of recline and Alex had a sore neck from it after naps :nope:

Agree with the recline on the phil and teds when its used as a double its very small.
If you are going to get a side by side the city mini ones are quite good.

I got the out n about double double v3 and its just brilliant, I love it, so easy to use and an absolute joy to push, easier than my single and both babies have slept in it and comfortably.

There is 18 months between my kids and my little guy is nearly 2 and a half and I couldn't imagine him not being in the pram especially as I love to get out for walks. Would defo recommend you have a look at this pram and see if it would suit you.

x

we got the p&t Dot which great for off roading and it pretty light like 28lb. my main seat reclines flat for newborn bit and just put the toddler on top. I love it and when we not using the second seat it great for super amounts of shopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->