Plus size ladies?

jools21

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there are any other plus size ladies out there?

I have really piled on weight during this pregnancy, which is pretty depressing as I recently lost 8 stone and it has pretty much all come back (over the year, not this pregnancy, that would be a skill!)

think is, my sonographer makes me feel quite uncomfortable about it and has plastered my obesity all over my pregnancy notes and its making me dread appointments with my midwife etc

I am really trying not to let weight ruin this experience but it is starting too :(

Hey Jools
I'm a big size 18 and we're at a similar amount of pregnantness so I wanted to say hello :wave:
I'm lucky in that I'm being cared for by an independent midwife and my weight is never used as a tool to beat mw with - we know it's a problem and I am trying hard to eat healthy but it's hard as I still feel sick all the time.
We ate so healthy before I got pregnant and I lost 4 stone.
Anyway, nice to meet you :)

**raises hand** I went from 250 lbs to 185 lbs last year then I became pregnant. As of today I'm at 255 lbs, I have gained over 60 lbs this pregnancy and I am not even in third trimester yet. I feel so self conscience about it, I haven't heard anything from my doctors about my weight gain which to me is a god send because I know it is bad in my own mind and just to hear someone tell me will break me down.

I low carb and was told by my doctor that I couldn't do that while pregnant (I ate less then 20 carbs a day) and I took that as the ultimate golden ticket to eat whatever I wanted, so here I am completely uncomfortable. I know that after Darla is born Ill be able to do it again I just feel helpless about it right now. It's effecting me emotionally, I couldn't have picked a more reassuring partner though. He has simply been amazing, always makes me feel sexy even when Im in my sweats and just blobby.

I am glad I am not alone in this! I really wanted to be nice and slim when I had a baby so I had a lovely little bump etc but at the moment I am all boobs and belly and NOTHING fits me! I am pretty much just hiding away from everyone scared they will notice as I had so much praise for my weight loss before

Here, I wanted to show you my weight fluctuation to give you a better idea of my size:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/SaraAshyBoo/weightchanges.jpg

I am glad I am not alone in this! I really wanted to be nice and slim when I had a baby so I had a lovely little bump etc but at the moment I am all boobs and belly and NOTHING fits me! I am pretty much just hiding away from everyone scared they will notice as I had so much praise for my weight loss before

It's actually really tough on you mentally to see the scale soaring upwards when you worked so hard losing everything. I lost my weight quickly though, it was all within an 8 month period so I was still not at goal and to just feel like all that time was wasted and Im right back where I started just kills me.

In hindsight I don't think it was wasted because I don't think I would've gotten pregnant at that weight, I think my weight loss is what allowed me to get pregnant though that wasn't why I was doing it. I feel like I jipped myself on having the cute baby bump and being able to see the little taps and pokes through the belly ( I have a lot of belly fat).

I lost mine in exactly the same time frame! You have a lovely bump, I would be happy with one like yours!! Thanks for sharing your pictures though. When did you really start to show if you dont mind me asking?

Hi ladies I am 5'11'' and was about 225 now about 233. my dr doesnt seem conserened about my weight, I am very sorry that your practicioner is making you feel bad.
at one point in time I weighed 275 lbs. I REFUSE to get back there and am working pretty hard to eat healthy and keep my weight under control. I also plan to nurse this baby day in and day out to try to help shed the weight once its over. GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!!

I lost mine in exactly the same time frame! You have a lovely bump, I would be happy with one like yours!! Thanks for sharing your pictures though. When did you really start to show if you dont mind me asking?

I didn't get the bump till around 22 weeks and it was weird, my flabby tummy just sort of got harder is all. I still have flab at the bottom but the top is round and hard. I def look pregnant though and it makes me feel a little better. I look a lot further along then I am but hey, Ill take it.

I had some saggy skin from the weight loss and thats completely not noticeable now, up till a few weeks ago it was.

i already look huge! my weight is all in my tummy and its rock hard. It upsets me that if someone says I have a bump theres always someone who says "it cant be at just 13 weeks" making me feel even fatter!!

omg i can so relate..I am actually doing a consultation with a new OB tomorrow because my current OB has made some very rude and hurtful comments about my weight.. going as far as to tell me my baby could live off my fat for the remainder of my pregnancy and I could stop eating, as well as telling me he wouldn't listen to the heartbeat because i am too fat.
I am definitely a big girl. * gulp here goes* size 24, 5'2 and i started at a whopping 299lbs ( I was in no way shape or form actually trying to conceive hence funny enough) and I was 294.4 at 12 weeks and 296.1 at my 16 week.
The last 2 weeks I went from looking fluffy to looking 6 months pregnant..tummy is already rock hard and OH is having to help me out of bed in the morning.

omg i can so relate..I am actually doing a consultation with a new OB tomorrow because my current OB has made some very rude and hurtful comments about my weight.. going as far as to tell me my baby could live off my fat for the remainder of my pregnancy and I could stop eating, as well as telling me he wouldn't listen to the heartbeat because i am too fat.
I am definitely a big girl. * gulp here goes* size 24, 5'2 and i started at a whopping 299lbs ( I was in no way shape or form actually trying to conceive hence funny enough) and I was 294.4 at 12 weeks and 296.1 at my 16 week.
The last 2 weeks I went from looking fluffy to looking 6 months pregnant..tummy is already rock hard and OH is having to help me out of bed in the morning.

This is what I don't understand, the hurtful comments. We more then anybody know what size we are most of us are unhappy with it, not all for sure but I know I was. It's like they think we don't realize were overweight, we feel it all day long and the burden of carrying it around. The last thing we need or want is to hear someone say something about it when we feel so negative about it anyway.

Im 5ft5 myself and 250ish was a size 22, Im size 18 at the moment but I think that is because I am wearing maternity pants and most of my weight gain is in my tummy. The only thing that keeps me going is that I know now I can lose weight, I did it last year and as soon as the baby is born I can do it again, it just set me back a year. If I hadn't of discovered low carb eating I would just feel so helpless. So Ill be able to low carb and snuggle and wonderful little gift :)

I'm plus size too. Was in a uk size 22 pre-pg after losing a stone this year. now I'm starting to have to wear all my 24's again. I was worried I was gaining but after a weigh-in yesterday I'm worried I'm not. In the second tri I've lost around 6pm already. No morning sickness or anything. If it wasn't for the fact every reference source says 2nd tri loss is bad I'd be thrilled. Best diet Ive found. :(

im tall and im huge, always have been but did lose 4 stone and kept it off for couple of years, but this year being completely independent i have put on, probably coz im a very lazy and inexperienced cook!

the pregnancy has been worse, i have just let myself go and rarely have the desire to exercise as i still at nearly 23 wks feel soooo tired all the time.
My second scan (and third) were not very clear so my pics were awful and i read in the clinic that if you are overweight the pics are not always clear so that got me quite down, and i have a lot of fat on my belly so imagine i wont be able to see him kick through the flab for a fair few more wks which is also gutting, but it is my own fault.

Doesnt help that my right butt check muscles have been in agony the whole pregnancy, so even trying to do yoga or pilates on the floor, and even jus getting off a chair always gives me spasms of pain so you can see why i avoid doing anything lol.

My OH left me on my birthday this week (nice) so Im even more down but I am at the same time trying to focus on getting through this pregnancy- gonna try to walk more and do my pregnancy dvds, especially at wkends, but tbh my main weight loss im gonna aim for is once my boy is born, i wont be able to afford to eat anyway lol

Hey honey, im not sure how much I weigh in lb but at the start of my pregnancy, I was 20stone, I'm 19st 10lb now! My midwife said as long as I eat and drink right there should be no problems, couldn't have a water birth but I reasoned that with the next baby, I will lose some weight before and have one :) I'm so sorry they made you feel bad! Don't, you look beautiful and healthy! Hugs from meee

Im 5'6-7 and uk size 24 before getting pregnant...been really lucky and no-ones been rude to me bout being big n preggers. Ive seen consultants and been told due to my size Id need injections after bubs is born everyday for 6 weeks to prevent blood clots. Other than that they said its highly unlikely I wouldnt have a normal birth. So thats good.
Hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy and beautiful bubs after ;-)xxx

i understand totally. had my 1st baby in jan this year at 30 weeks and she was born sleeping. i was about a size 16-18. because of what happened, chocolate biscuits became the only thing i could really face eating so here i am at 19 1/2 weeks pregnant and size 20.
when i had my first midwife appointment i told her i was worried and she said, if you weren't physically able to carry a child because of weight then you wouldnt be pregnant, then she said were not concerned with how much you weigh, just eat well and give yourself a treat every now and then, we just want baby to be healthy and that all. i love my midwife :D

Hope you don't mind if I join you all...
I love this thread, Its made me feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one that feels the way I do.
I weigh like 16stone and that was at my first midwife appointment when I was around 9 weeks, 10 weeks later and I don't dare stand on the scales!

My midwife put me in a medium risk category and this hurt when I saw, and she has referred me to the hospital to see a consultant about my weigh but I refuse to go, My friend had to go and he made her cry on more then one occasion, I know i'm over weight, I don't need someone to tell me that I am.

I fear that I won't get a proper looking bump, and that it'll just sag, I can make it look like a bump when I'm clothed, but when I'm not clothed, i just look fat :/

I also fear that I won't be able to see/feel LO moving around and kicking...

:flow:

I love this thread, Its made me feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one that feels the way I do.
I weigh like 16stone and that was at my first midwife appointment when I was around 9 weeks, 10 weeks later and I don't dare stand on the scales!

My midwife put me in a medium risk category and this hurt when I saw, and she has referred me to the hospital to see a consultant about my weigh but I refuse to go, My friend had to go and he made her cry on more then one occasion, I know i'm over weight, I don't need someone to tell me that I am.

I fear that I won't get a proper looking bump, and that it'll just sag, I can make it look like a bump when I'm clothed, but when I'm not clothed, i just look fat :/

Ah hun i know what you mean but seriously i weigh more than you and i have a bump and can feel baby kicking lots! dont worry, you will get it all :D my 1st it took til i was 25 weeks for my bump to suddenly arrive and i was 16 stone then. cos this is my 2nd, ive popped out quicker but u will get there :hugs:

Ah hun i know what you mean but seriously i weigh more than you and i have a bump and can feel baby kicking lots! dont worry, you will get it all :D my 1st it took til i was 25 weeks for my bump to suddenly arrive and i was 16 stone then. cos this is my 2nd, ive popped out quicker but u will get there :hugs:

I really hope so, I want my bump :( If I had the guts I would show you what i look like with my top lifted up :/ its not a bump at all, and it hangs down slightly :/
And I still haven't felt LO moving, and it worries me that I haven't :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->