Plus size & pregnant join here

Just checking in! HAd to have an emergency scan yesterday due to a bleed on monday, thankfully everything was ok! She asked me to left my tummy out the way, oh the horror. Then she told me because of 'my build' they might not get an accurate reading on the NT scan I have on friday :/

Can they do a transvaginal scan? They are way more detailed for us bigger girls. She tried the outer one on me but said if it didn't work she could use the internal probe. The outer one worked at 14 weeks, when I was less pregnant (8, 10) they used the probe.

Just checking in! HAd to have an emergency scan yesterday due to a bleed on monday, thankfully everything was ok! She asked me to left my tummy out the way, oh the horror. Then she told me because of 'my build' they might not get an accurate reading on the NT scan I have on friday :/

Ask them to do internal scan huni. But they could see my baby just fine at 12+6 and im a uk size 24/26 x

Welcome Mrs Cookie!!!
do any of you ladies dare to share some bump pics yet???
i will when im 15 weeks when i have a reason to look so big :haha:

well, here is my 19 week photo..i still only look fat, but hey as long as I know that my little one is in my tummy safe I'm ok :thumbup:

Attachments

• PicsArt_1347136880359.jpg
    PicsArt_1347136880359.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 7
So I had to see my dietician yesterday. I have to go once a month. They weighed me and we were both pleased to find out that I did not gain any weight over the past month! Sadly I think it was the morning sickness that was responsible, not my will power. Either way I am stoked! :)

getting ready to go to my scan in 2 hrs :happydance: soooo excited & sooooo scared ....

Well they couldn't get a nuchal measurement because of my size apparently, although when I had one privately with Leo 7 years ago they managed ok :/

But here is my plum!! 4 days ahead of my dates and not very cooperative lol.

Attachments

• 12week.jpg
    12week.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 10
Well they couldn't get a nuchal measurement because of my size apparently, although when I had one privately with Leo 7 years ago they managed ok :/

But here is my plum!! 4 days ahead of my dates and not very cooperative lol.

Cute!! And thats rubbish because of your size... iv a biiig flap of fat n skin down there and they could see my babies fine if it had of co-operated with us lol

I have to ask a silly question... why is it that some of you ladies call it a scan, and some say ultrasound. Is it just a difference of where you live.

Anyways.. I have my first ultrasound on Monday... which is also my birthday!! What an awesome gift I'm getting!

I think it's more common to call it a "scan" in the UK...

Think its just preference hun. Its a bit long winded to say ultrasound all the time so i say scan. but also sometimes say ultrasound lol. Awwww that will be an amazing birthday present! x

Thanks Ladies!
I assumed that they were one in the same.
Here scan means x-ray, I believe.

Yes, I am super excited for my birthday!! Although... I WILL be 35... THIRTY FIVE!! I'm old!

hell that's not old hun! my mum is 48 and refuses to be called old she says she is still young... still goes out clubbing and on biker holidays lol x

I think I'm old to be a first time Mommy, though!
I certainly don't feel that old!!

That's not old, hun!! My dad's OH was 36 having their first, 20 years after I was born! I've never lived with my dad (or gotten to see him that much) so it was pretty much like first-time parents for them both... :thumbup:

It's funny, I'm 33 and was pregnant with my DS2 7 years ago, I'm really feeling my age this time, I'm knackered!

hun your not too old. It's everyone owns personal opinion when they are ready to have a baby or when the magic happens. I'v had my young (well quite old for my family as mum and sister were 18 when they had 1st and i was 21 (4 days off 22) when i had my 1st) through personal choice and was lucky to be able to do it. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->