Plus size & pregnant join here

Hey ladies. Just came across this thread. Are you open to new members? i'm 13+1 and currently a UK size 20/22. Been feeling pretty miserable about my size recently!

Of course we are hun! Welcome.

I hate my size too hun but we are how we are... and our baby doesn't care what size we are either <3 Just think once baby is here you can loose the baby weight... until then just enjoy your body changing :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I've been told by my scowling midwife (who is obese herself) not to put on any weight during my pregnancy. I love how they say nothing when you go to the family planning clinic to stop birth control but chastise you when you are pregnant. Talk about too little, too late!

I think I'm really feeling down because when I was pregnant with my son I was a 12/14 and could feel my uterus from 12 weeks and this time I can't feel anything because of all the fat in the way! My own fault I guess!

she expects you to gain NO weight? i know some women dont because of being sick or whatever... but thats just unreasonable and seems unprofessional for her to even suggest that. i am plus sized and i started at 220. i was told to TRY not to gain more than 17-20 lbs. Ive only gained 11 and with that they had started to think i was starving myself.
just try to eat better and take your vitamins to make sure baby gets all nutrients.. and you will be fine. dont focus so much on your weight.

I already packed on 20 and change. I'm not too worried about it. I was a US 12/14, 179 pounds, when I got pregnant. I am in non maternity 16's now and maternity XL...about 207 I think. They really haven't been on me too harshly about my weight lately, I kind of laid down the law about it with my OB in the 1st few visits when she tried to tell me I was fat (In nicer words) . I used to weigh 487 pounds (4 years ago) so no matter what they say about my gain, or how much I gain I could not care less! I am still "skinny" to me, even though I am OBESE on their charts.

I've been told by my scowling midwife (who is obese herself) not to put on any weight during my pregnancy. I love how they say nothing when you go to the family planning clinic to stop birth control but chastise you when you are pregnant. Talk about too little, too late!

I think I'm really feeling down because when I was pregnant with my son I was a 12/14 and could feel my uterus from 12 weeks and this time I can't feel anything because of all the fat in the way! My own fault I guess!

https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-estimator

Holy cow.. what a nasty midwife... of course you are going to put weight on.. what does she think.. baby and all the extras that come with are going to weight nothing? Makes you laugh especially since she is big herself!

:( You will feel it soon hun, I am a uk 26 and i can feel mine now and have been able to feel baby kicking since i was about 13 weeks. She has no right to make you feel bad about your size! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EDIT: the link is to a weight gain tracker that i use. If you put your info in it will tell you how much is reccommended you put on in weight xx

Thanks guys :) She said I've not to gain any weight and when I said 'so you are saying I should diet?' she said 'No of course not, you should never diet in pregnancy'.

As I have a rare form of arthritis and cannot exercise above walking or swimming for short periods, I have no idea how she expects that to happen! Lol.

Then she spent about 20 mins harping on about a healthy eating support group. I told her repeatedly that I knew how to eat healthily, I had just chosen not to! I had lost 3st before becoming pregnant and cook all my meals from scratch, but when I told her this the scepticism in her eyes was ridiculous! I almost suggested that she, herself, should practice what she preaches and get herself down the the support group but couldn't be bothered with an argument. I just stuck to my guns. She's written in my maternity notes 'Patient refuses help with healthy eating in pregnancy'. The bitch! If she's anything other than nice to me the next time I see her, I'll be asking for alternative care.

I was about 12 and a half stone before gettting pregnant with DD. I was about 13 stone at my 8week appointment so had started putting weight on around the time I got pregnant anyway... I have no idea what I lost after the birth as my mother threw out the scales... :dohh: I gained 3 stone in that pregnancy and was 16 stone the day before my C-section.

This time I weighed in at 17 stone at my 8week app with the MW. I had originally lost a couple of pounds in the 1st Tri. as I had bad MS and poor appetite. I'm back to 17 stone now so back at original weigh-in size.

Thanks guys :) She said I've not to gain any weight and when I said 'so you are saying I should diet?' she said 'No of course not, you should never diet in pregnancy'.

As I have a rare form of arthritis and cannot exercise above walking or swimming for short periods, I have no idea how she expects that to happen! Lol.

Then she spent about 20 mins harping on about a healthy eating support group. I told her repeatedly that I knew how to eat healthily, I had just chosen not to! I had lost 3st before becoming pregnant and cook all my meals from scratch, but when I told her this the scepticism in her eyes was ridiculous! I almost suggested that she, herself, should practice what she preaches and get herself down the the support group but couldn't be bothered with an argument. I just stuck to my guns. She's written in my maternity notes 'Patient refuses help with healthy eating in pregnancy'. The bitch! If she's anything other than nice to me the next time I see her, I'll be asking for alternative care.

:o I would ask for alternative anyway hun! She has no rights to speak to you like that. You already know how to eat healthy.. and its not like your going to purposefully eat just junk :S

They are there to make sure baby is ok..not to bloody well have a go at you all the time.. I can't stand ones that do that! My weight hasnt been mentioned once yet.. but that's maybe because i got in there first about it. x

I did the same, got there first. It saved me the embarressment and patronising comments. My MW is lovely and means well but I'd rather something be said than her being patronising about it... :haha:

Hello Ladies can i join you please x x

I am Nikki, Just literally got my BFP and am a plus size mummy too x I am a UK size 20 x
I have two kids already and this miracle is my third x
Hello and I look forward to sharing the journey with you all x

I am Nikki, Just literally got my BFP and am a plus size mummy too x I am a UK size 20 x

:hi::hi: Hey hun and CONGRATULATIONS on your :BFP:

Welcome to plus size and pregnant :D You are more than welcome to join, feel free to rant whenever needed hehe we all do ;)

How are things for you so far? Do you know roughly how far along you are?

xxxxx

:hi::hi: Hey hun and CONGRATULATIONS on your :BFP:

Welcome to plus size and pregnant :D You are more than welcome to join, feel free to rant whenever needed hehe we all do ;)

How are things for you so far? Do you know roughly how far along you are?

xxxxx

I am about 4 weeks and 6 days going by my dates. Its all so exciting, had some mild nausea and loads of tingly boob feelings. getting familiar dull achey dragging sensation down in the base of my belly. I told my hubby i knew i was pregnant even before i got my BFP. We were so lucky its our first month of trying! :happydance:

oh wow extra congrats on there lol... Mr super sperm lol.. ;) thats what someone said to my hubby when we got pregnant with our first :haha:

:D enjoy the tingly boobs.. im at the damn sore boob stage atm and its worse when its cold :nope: ouchies ouchies .. often found with my hands down my top trying to warm my nipples :haha:

have you been to gp yet? xxx

Mind if I join as well?

I am plus size 18 us size no idea the difference from uk sizes :blush:
This is my third and im quite nervous as I had an early scan when I went to the ER for a uti. Sac was seen but I was told it was to early to see anything else at that point that id prob need a rescan later to see the yolk and then to see the peanut. I have been trying to keep calm as my HCG numbers were fine at 1817 and I am not cramping horrid and bleeding. I had a tiny spot once after hubby and I got intimate and then the day after a tiny stripe I assume due to the wand. Either way next scan at 5 +6 is the 9th and im so scared to not see progress. :dohh:I have never had an early scan and was told this is quite normal but telling a hormonal mommy that can't see a bub yet that its normal is hard. :cry:

Mind if I join as well?

This is my third and im quite nervous as I had an early scan when I went to the ER for a uti. Sac was seen but I was told it was to early to see anything else at that point that id prob need a rescan later to see the yolk and then to see the peanut. I have been trying to keep calm as my HCG numbers were fine at 1817 and I am not cramping horrid and bleeding. I had a tiny spot once after hubby and I got intimate and then the day after a tiny stripe I assume due to the wand. Either way next scan at 5 +6 is the 9th and im so scared to not see progress. :dohh:I have never had an early scan and was told this is quite normal but telling a hormonal mommy that can't see a bub yet that its normal is hard. :cry:

:hi: hey huni and welcome.. I think in uk sizes thats a 20. I'm sure whatever size it is in the us its the next size up in the uk.... but dont hold me to that lol

I have heard lots of ladies say they only saw the sac, the earliest i have ever had a scan was 7+6 weeks. And my little boy was just a little splodge on the screen (poor boy was stuck with that nickname too). Sometimes even at 5+6 it could be too early.

Bleeding after sex is normal too as your cervix is very sensitive while pregnant. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:wave: Welcome to all the ladies that joined.. i just got home & very knackered so off to bed :sleep: will chat to you soon :kiss:

oh wow extra congrats on there lol... Mr super sperm lol.. ;) thats what someone said to my hubby when we got pregnant with our first :haha:

:D enjoy the tingly boobs.. im at the damn sore boob stage atm and its worse when its cold :nope: ouchies ouchies .. often found with my hands down my top trying to warm my nipples :haha:

have you been to gp yet? xxx

I have a GP appointment booked for October 22nd, thats the soonest they could get me into the clinic when they do the booking in info etc. so thats a miestone to look forward to.
My hunny thinks he has super sperm as this is our third time concieving on our first try. and i also had an ectopic before we had our first which led to them removing my left tube.

I was told i would have trouble concieving so my little miracles nake me feel so lucky x

I love the idea of this thread, talking to people who understand all the things i am thinking is giong to be great help x x

Mind if I join as well?

:hi: hey huni and welcome.. I think in uk sizes thats a 20. I'm sure whatever size it is in the us its the next size up in the uk.... but dont hold me to that lol

I have heard lots of ladies say they only saw the sac, the earliest i have ever had a scan was 7+6 weeks. And my little boy was just a little splodge on the screen (poor boy was stuck with that nickname too). Sometimes even at 5+6 it could be too early.

Bleeding after sex is normal too as your cervix is very sensitive while pregnant. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, yes the nurse told me it still might be to early at the next one too just has me on edge so much! :blush:

Hey everybody I'm a big girl too! :) im currently 9 weeks today :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->