• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Plus size & pregnant join here

Thank you, ladies! :hugs: So reassuring after the spotting I had in my 7th week! PHEW, that was such a long wait... but YAY! :happydance:

My household knows. So that's my mom, stepdad & sister. DF's mum is working away until Monday and my dad arrives home from work today. I'm not sure if I'll tell my dad this weekend or if DF will tell his mum first. I think I'll let DF tell his mum forst as I know my dad will go out for a drink and open his mouth! :haha: I don't wanna risk it getting to MIL2B before DF tells her. I just can't wait until next week because I can shout it from the rooftops and not have to look over my shoulder when I'm talking to my best friend or DF about it!! :happydance:

unfortunately people blabbed for me. I told my mum and dad and my sister when i found out. and my o/h told his parents and brothers. I was waiting until this Saturday at my wedding to announce it to everybody else... but ended up having to tell the girls on my hen night as they were having a go for me not drinking. Then my dad had a go at me telling me every1 knew anyway so i just thought f*** it and announced it on FB. Any1 who doesnt know already family wise will find out at my wedding.

How about.... making something like a christmas cracker with a copy of the scan inside? Or get some face paint and paint "guess who's in here" on your tummy or "hi nanna/grandad" and flashing your tummy at them lol xx

ladies how are you all doing???
im feeling a bit crappy & scared :cry: ... coz i dont have any symptoms @ all & just wondering if lil spark is still there ...
im just so scared that something goes wrong, or went wrong already :cry:
dont get me wrong im not hopeing to have all morning sickness & stuff..

im just a lil worried thats all

ladies how are you all doing???
im feeling a bit crappy & scared :cry: ... coz i dont have any symptoms @ all & just wondering if lil spark is still there ...
im just so scared that something goes wrong, or went wrong already :cry:
dont get me wrong im not hopeing to have all morning sickness & stuff..

im just a lil worried thats all

:( Hope you're feeling better soon! I know how scary it can be when symptoms disappear... I've started thinking more possitive now though. Enjoy your pregnancy (especially as you have no icky sickness :thumbup:) each day at a time. Easier said than done, I know! :hugs: Every minute with our precious "cargo" is so special. :baby: I just hope you feel ok soon, hun! :flow:

Hi everyone!

We have out scan next Thursday- I am very excited! It will be nice to have the scan before I go back to work (I am a teacher!).

My sickness has gone now but I have a huge appetite! I am not lying in (my daughter makes sure of that!) or napping but I feel ok. I was napping in the day but found I didn't sleep well at night after and I would rather have a full 7-8 hours in the night and not have a snooze in the day!

I am ten weeks pregnant and have lost 19 pounds in the last ten weeks so hopefully won't be in my maternity clothes for a litle while!

We told my mum and dad and in-laws at 6 weeks and our sisters the week after that but nobody else knows!

Hey ladies how are you all doing???
goodluck Fizzy - cant wait to hear how your scan goes on thurs..
rosemary hun, hope you feeling a bit better :awww:

As for me my tiredness has kicked in.. i :sleep: til the afternoon yesterday & today..
also have slight nausea :sick: coming on going but no actual puking :smug:

what do you ladies think or feel you are having boys or girls :shrug:

Sorry, was away for the weekend! Am back now :)

I'm feeling rubbish, still queasy and tired and now my gums are a bit inflamed which is making my teeth achey and I don't cope well with toothache. I had all out anxiety attack last week so I've had to go back on my anxiety meds which I really didn't want but the doctor told me it would be fine. Ho hum!

I think I'm having a boy, I have 2 boys already and I just have this feeling that this will be number 3. It's ok, I've got a boys name I totally love to soften the girl disappointment ;)

Is anyone else experiencing dizziness? Sometimes when I spring out of bed I get dizzy which I know that is normal due to a quick drop in blood pressure. Usually I just need to lay back down for a couple minutes and get up slowly. But this morning the dizziness won't go away. I get motion sick very easily so I always have Dramamine in my purse, but I have things I need to do today and the Dramamine will just make me sleep all day. Anyone have other suggestions?

Im highly cheesed off :( Not only am i not able to get any bigger uniforms/maternity uniforms due to the hospital changing uniforms, which wont be ordered for at least 6 months, i now can also not find any 'civvies' in my size in the maternity sections either despite Newlook stocking up to a 26 in their inspire range but their maternity clothes only go up to an 18:shrug:

Honestly i could just sit and sob:cry: Guess im gonna be going naked :thumbup:

Hey Sparkle! I got married at the weekend so wasnt home.

Firefly - get the dizziniss checked out.. could be a sign on Gestational Diabeties.

Rota - I feel you hun! My pants are starting to get too tight (even though they were too big for me) so i am also now going to have to go in hunt of new ones! and to say i wear size 24-26 now... not looking forward to trying to find some cheap ones at all!

I'm feeling quite good today, no morning sickness !! WOOOHOOO maybe its going to go away now?!?! :haha: wishful thinking more like.. it will be back tomorrow with avengence :haha: I'm getting rather excited.... 6 days till I see bean for the first time and get my actual due date. :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hey Sparkle! I got married at the weekend so wasnt home.

Firefly - get the dizziniss checked out.. could be a sign on Gestational Diabeties.

Rota - I feel you hun! My pants are starting to get too tight (even though they were too big for me) so i am also now going to have to go in hunt of new ones! and to say i wear size 24-26 now... not looking forward to trying to find some cheap ones at all!

I'm feeling quite good today, no morning sickness !! WOOOHOOO maybe its going to go away now?!?! :haha: wishful thinking more like.. it will be back tomorrow with avengence :haha: I'm getting rather excited.... 6 days till I see bean for the first time and get my actual due date. :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

:happydance::happydance: WOW CONGRATS :happydance::happydance:
hope you had an amazing time, almost scan time yay.. cant wait to hear all about it...

I just weighed myself. I've now lost 9lbs since finding out i'm preggers.

Hi ladies i can't believe iv only just found this thread wish I'd found it sooner have felt quite lonely in the third tri section seemingly as the only one with a high bmi! I was classed as high risk at my booking in apt at 8 weeks. Midwife calculated my bmi as 40 which i disagreed with as i measured an inch shorter on her height gauge than what iv ever been measured at other times in my life and her scales weighed me at half a stone heavier than my scales at home and the gym. I'm 5ft 7 and size 18.So i calculated my bmi to be 37 but midwife said it's 40 end of discussion. I was administered low dose aspirin to be taken daily for duration of my pregnancy and was put under consultant lead care and told no chance of waterbirth. Since then I've had a 12 and 20 week scan which both were very clear and a growth scan at 32 and 36 weeks. Iv had a gtt which thankfully came back clear and my bp has averaged 120/70 throughout the pregnancy. So far so good fingers crossed. Now i am an emotional wreck. Throughout this pregnancy i have been told on numerous occasions that i m high risk for all sorts of complications due o my size inc difficult and prolonged labour, shoulder dystophia ,blood clotting dvt and stillbirth . I have had 2 previous losses at around 12 weeks so u can imagine how precious this pregnancy is to me still trying for our first baby. Now considering i am so "high risk" you would think they would be airing on side of caution with letting me go overdue. They now won't consider inducing m until 40 + 12 as there's "nothing wRong with me" and i know Google is a pregnant woman's worst enemy but u only have Google risks on high bmi and stillbirth and going overdue and risks to baby to gather that where i am now isn't a good place to be. And it seems there's nothin i can do about it . I'm so upset and I've expressed my concerns to the midwife and nothing. I've been in to hospital twice in the last 4 weeks over reduced fetal movements to be monitored thankgod all was ok but now I'm starting to think it's my paranoia. I hope that by joining this group i can air my concerns with like minded people and hopefully calm down. I d appreciate I'm big because i eat the wrong things e.tc and have no one else to blame but myself

So I was facing the akward dizziness a few days ago, and I began getting really sharp pains on the right side. I have PCOS so I first thought it was a cyst, but I freaked out thinking it was ectopic. I had a scan today and everything is good!! Yay!!

Hey LouLou, that is bloody rediculous how you are being treated... where are you from hun?

You are at no more of a risk being big than anybody else in my honest opinion! Everybody is at risk of something going wrong not just us bigger women.

My sister's BMI is probably sat at about 48 and she had a perfectly fine birth! I think doctors just like to scare you and make you feel bad for being a bigger mummy. But I say F*** them all. Yes you are bigger but that doesn't make you any less capable of having a good pregnancy and a normal labour!

I was constantly in and out of hospital for reduced movements so i know how you feel, but its very important to get it checked out every time it happens. I was 40+6 when i got induced as i had had a little "funny vision" and my BP had gone up.

Don't worry about being overdue though, lots of ladies go well overdue... infact there was one lady when i was in having my first who was 3 weeks overdue!

FIREFLY - Thats excellent news!

Hi sethsmummy thankyou for your kind words i do feel better already :) I'm from yorkshire ! I'm just hoping that my labour starts naturally this week as don't fancy a sweep which I'm scheduled for next Fri , just been for a 2 hour walk so we will see if that gets things moving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->