Plus Size & TTC. Who's With Me?

Ellie001

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am in my first month of TTC and experiencing the TWW!

I am a plus-size gal (size 24) with no known health problems. I live a healthy lifestyle as much as possible and my periods are very regular.

I am nervous about being plus-size and pregnant , but I have seen healthy plus size pregnancies and am trying to be optimistic and learn to love my body. (my friends sister is the same size as me and she has gotten pregnant within the first month of trying each time she tries. She has had 1 mc, has 1 beautiful baby girl, and she is now 8 weeks pregnant again. She uses opk's and they have worked for her. I hope I am that lucky!)

I have put off TTC for four years because I was trying to loose the weight, but DH and I decided we weren't going to wait any longer.

With that being said, I was wondering if there were any Plus Size ladies on this site trying to conceive. I am hoping that maybe we can support each other during this exciting, yet stressful time of TTC!

-Ellie

Hello :) I'm overweight and ttc.

I completely agree with you starting now, why wait till the doctors say stereotypically you will be healthy. People can be larger and healthy, everyone is different.

I used to be a size 10 but not mentally healthy about eating and my weight, now I'm a size 18 I love myself more than ever. Being curvy is just as beautiful as being socially and stereotypically size skinny beautiful.

Anyway, here is a group I started a few months back https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-groups/1954677-overweight-ttc-27.html

There is new members joining all the time and we check in nearly everyday. So far we have a baby on the way, one with pcos (me) and lots of success stories at the start to give others hope! Xx

Hi ladies,I am also overweight,and trying for a baby.I know that being overweight can negatively affect my chances,but I'm hoping that being generally healthy,will count in my favor.My sister and a good friend of mine are both overweight.My friend suffers from PCOS and only had about 3 AF's a year,when she conceived without any help.My sister has 2 children,both conceived without much trouble.

Hi Ladies...

Mind if I joing the club... I too am Plus size and TTC my 1st. DH and I just got married in August and started trying in June with no luck so far. For those who have been trying longer then me does the TWW ever get easier? Are any of you trying anything to help you conceive?

Trying4first: I'm about the same ttc length as you, but alot say it does get easier. I'm currently CD 91 so the tww for me is agonizing! Haha.

With my pcos I take alot of supplements to help regulate my cycle, give me more cm, increase blood flow around the pelvic area ( meant to help your body create better eggs and a healthy environment) etc. However there's alot of herbal supplements both you and your husband can take to increase your chances.
Personally I like this website https://natural-fertility-info.com/increase-egg-health
Because it has so much information on different ways to help yourself x

OMG,CD91!I would go completely mad.I hope those supplements start helping you.

I started Vitex a couple of weeks ago,to help with my PMS.

Hubby and I were NTNP from Sept '12 to this past Sept,and now we're making a conscious effort to BD during my fertile time.Nothing so far.

Trying 4 1st,the 2WW is always a horror,even when you know you have no chance of being pregnant,sorry to give you the bad news.

yeah its awful :( i ovulate and usually i'm regular but this one is never ending!!

vitex is meant to be amazing! have you found its done anything for you?

fingerscrossed for you, do you temp or opk?

i think it all depends on the individual, some are pee on a stick addicts, some symptom spot to the extreme and (like me) some just wait till af day and pray and wish constantly!
xx

a 91 day cycle is crazy poor you... fingers crossed this one ends soon and you can move on to the next. Hopefully your supplements start kicking and helping you regulate that to a much shorter cycle.

as for the TWW I unfortunately am one of those POAS addicts.. I wish I could just wait for AF and see but can't... it's like if I am pregnant I want to know the minute I can not wait until later. I have wanted to be a mom for so long that I can't imagine waiting to find out longer then I need to but maybe that's what has me turn into a wreck with every BFN.

Here's a dumb question and definitely shows that I'm a newbie to all this... what is Vitex?

Vitex is a herbal supplement that is meant to help regulate your pituitary gland,which means it is supposed to level out your progesterone levels.I get extremely painful breasts after ovulation (usually caused by too much estrogen),as well as a million other PMS symptoms,so I'm hoping the Vitex will help with that.

It hasn't really had any effect on me so far,I've only been on it 2 weeks,and the bottle is almost empty already?Will see come pre-AF time,if I see any difference in my symptoms.

Are any of you girls doing the SMEP?

Hi ladies :wave: I'm plus size too...don't know my size even :dohh: But I weighed in today at 227 :blush: I'm trying to lose (starting today, for the umpthteenth time) for my wedding in a year! :happydance: Anyway, I'm on cycle 9 (been trying since Jan but have long cycles). All my test have been normal but I stopped depo a year ago and OH has low count and motility. I have Clomid on hand for next cycle :thumbup: I'm now the last one of my original 4 buddies still waiting for a BFP.

I tried SMEP with no luck. :nope:

Wishing you ladies lots of luck! :dust:

Thank you trying 4first, I hope so too!
Not doing smep just doing the deed on and around ovulation, but atm doing it 3 times a week, because the doctor said even though I have already ovulated this cycle I can still randomly ovulate again due to the length of time.

Lilly, I know how you feel with dieting over and over again! However, the wedding is very good motivation!! How long are you cycles?
Sorry to hear your the last in your ttc group, fingers crossed you will be one of the first on this one x

because the doctor said even though I have already ovulated this cycle I can still randomly ovulate again due to the length of time.

^^I have NEVER heard this before! There might be some new research I need to check out lol. I've only heard that you can OV again within 24hrs of the 1st...because you stop producing LH at the level which triggers OV. :shrug:

Anyway, Thank you! One baby is due this weekend! I hope I get my BFP soon...I hope to be ovulating this weekend! I say hope because I'm coming off depo (well, it should be all done by now) So I started out OVing around CD 18, then 19, then 21, then 27! My body did the CD 27-30 for a few months and then last month it went back to CD19. So I'm hoping I'm back to the shorter cycles. So my cycles are from 30 days to 43 days. I'm already CD 19 though. Only thing that stays the same is my LP and that's always 12days.

I didn't think you could till she told me. I assumed you had one chance each cycle whether it was long or short, but I have recently read about a lot of women who have extremely long cycles getting pregnant randomly in the cycle time.

Ah wow! Good luck with this cycle. Let's hope you start off a lucky thread x

Hi Ladies! I would love to join you!! I'm currently in limbo land and of course I instantly think it has something to do with my weight. I'm 19dpo and 6 days late. I know I O'd because my temps on FF confirmed it but strangely I got another smiley on 8dpo then I spotted on 10-12dpo and now I'm just patiently waiting for one of those dang tests to show a BFP or for AF to find me!

Hello, sugar plum and ttcnhopeful!

Ttcnhopeful: the spotting sounds good! Fingers crossed its a bfp! Keep us updated :) x

Hi Ellie,

I am also a plus size girl TTC. I am also nervous about being bigger and being pregnant and would love to chat with you through this journey! I am a size 26/28 and have also put it off trying to slim down but now my DH and I feel like it is time to start a family. We have been married for five years and it the last year have spent a lot of time in prayer about starting a family and feel it is time to start!

Look forward to chatting with you,

Sarah

Hello, sugar plum and ttcnhopeful!

Ttcnhopeful: the spotting sounds good! Fingers crossed its a bfp! Keep us updated :) x

I had hope at first but now that I'm 20dpo and I just tested with a FRER and got a bfn I think it's time to start the vitex again and hope AF shows her ugly face.

Ttcnhopeful: alot of people don't get a bfp straight away, when I got pregnant two years ago (m/c) I didn't get a bfp till a week and a bit late.
Don't give up hope x

Ttcnhopeful: alot of people don't get a bfp straight away, when I got pregnant two years ago (m/c) I didn't get a bfp till a week and a bit late.
Don't give up hope x

Thanks! I'm running out of hope though. My lines on FF turned to dotted lines and I'm not sure what that means. TMI but last night I had tons of CM again, I thought AF had finally found me but nope. Now today I woke up nauseous. Guess I will wait it out for a little longer before taking the vitex beings you aren't supposed to take it if there's a chance of pregnancy. Waiting sucks lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->