• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Plus Size & TTC. Who's With Me?

Hello everyone!
Thought I'd jump in on the bandwagon. :) I'm chunky and TTC as well. I'm a size 18 (US) and I love my food and I'm not afraid to say it! I'm 23, my OH is almost 30. This is cycle #2 of trying, and I'm in my Two Week Wait.

Hope it's okay that I crashed the party! Good luck and baby dust to all!

Dontworry,welcome!The more the merrier,I say :) When are you testing?This is also my 2nd 2WW,hubby and I were NTNP for a year after our wedding in September 2012,and after our anniversary,decided to start loosely TTC.

I have no symptoms,and as far as I know (going by cramping and such) I am about 4DPO.

I've been testing every day since 9DPO lol. I have a pack of internet cheapies that expires late this month, so I am trying to use them up! So far, stark white, which is what I've always seen.

Previously I had TTC'd with my ex for two years with no success, so I'm not really expecting anything to happen soon. But I have hope!

I last tested in December.It hurt so bad seeing that BFN that I vowed to never test before AF isn't a week late.It hurts bad enough having AF arrive.

I am definitely out this month,as all my pre-AF symptoms are beginning.I think I O'd later than I thought I would (if I O'd at all).

Mrs lsc: oh right, sorry for asking, just didn't know if it was the same thing I have, my pcos has caused me to be insulin resistant.

Ttcnhopeful: oh how strange, have you tested again?

Hello newbies!! Wishing you so much good luck x

Plus Fabulous over here! 13dpo and relaxed. Trying to stay positive!! BD to all

Hey Ladies,

I am pluse size and me and DB are ttc. I have horribly irregular periods at times. i am trying to hopefully lose weight, but I'm just like you I don't want to keep waiting on me trying to get the weight off. I am with you guys on this journey.... staying optimistic :happydance: hopefully we get our BFP

Educatingmom: plus fabulous... I love that! So uplifting. Wishing you lots of luck for the next few days and that it turns out to be a massive bfp!

Trying2bamom: hello! Good luck on this journey, hopefully it will be a short one. Sorry about your irregular cycles, is the doctors helping you in anyway? X

Hello to all the newbies, welcome!! I keep seeing you all talking about DPO is that days past ovulation? Also who here has had a pelvic ultrasound? Any feedback...I am having one on Thursday.

Hi again Ladies,

I am so glad to see that so many of you have joined this thread!!! I am sorry that I have been so absent,especially since I started this thread, but I have had an exciting yet anxious week!!!

I took a HPT on Monday (11 DPO) (and yes BYHISGRACE08 that means Days Past Ovulation) and it had a faint positive. I have tested everyday since then and gotten positives, but still not extremely dark, so I was waiting to miss AF, which was do yesterday, and she still hasn't shown her ugly face!!! I am very regular so I am sure she is gone! I just pray it stays that way and that I have a very sticky bean! DH is giving me till tomorrow to start my period before he 100% trust that I am pregnant. He really just does not understand pregnancy test and periods.

I am still sending lots of baby dust to each and every one of you, and I hope that you can all become pregnant in the near future. I know PCOS is affecting most of you, but it can be overcome so stay positive. & In the meantime, enjoy doing the baby dance. I know it can get stressful and loose its romance once you put the pressure of conceiving on it.

You are all amazing and strong women and the support I have seen on this page is absolutely wonderful!!!! I can't wait to see more BFP's on here!

Congratulations!!!!!!

Byhisgrace: I have had an internal ultrasound if that is the same thing? It's not uncomfortable at all, just cold! Haha x

Congratulations!!!!!!

Byhisgrace: I have had an internal ultrasound if that is the same thing? It's not uncomfortable at all, just cold! Haha x

Hi Comet1234,

Yes I do believe it is the same thing. It should be fun lol they say come with a very full bladder and you are the second person who has mentioned it being cold...great being cold always makes me pee!!!

Educatingmom: plus fabulous... I love that! So uplifting. Wishing you lots of luck for the next few days and that it turns out to be a massive bfp!

Trying2bamom: hello! Good luck on this journey, hopefully it will be a short one. Sorry about your irregular cycles, is the doctors helping you in anyway? X

i went to the doctors when my period stopped on me years ago, but then I wasn't looking to conceive. They poked and prodded me stuck a camera in me and told me everything was ok and I could wait for my period to come on or they could give me something if I'm trying to conceive. At the time I wasn't so i said I will wait. i waited on it to come on and it finally came on and it was regular for a long time until July of this year 2013. That was in 2010.

I have been taking vitex for about two weeks and yesterday I started spotting dark red blood. So I'm feeling hopeful and excited because I feel the Vitex is trying to work. So now I can start charting and tracking because now I know I'm on CD2. I never tracked my cycles before because I wasn't ttc. and when we started ttc of course my period decides to go on another hiatus..lol. so I was frustrated becasue I didn't know what CD I was on and culdn't track anything. Well I'm going to keep taking VITEX and hopefully it does the trick.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST...lol Babydust to us all :dust:

Congrats, Ellie!

Hope you ladies don't mind me jumping in too! My story:

I'm 26, fiance is just about 28. We were going to wait before TTC until we were married, but decided not to as a family is something that is important to us. I'm just finishing my first TWW, but am pretty sure AF is going to show in a few days. I've already taken a FRER and got a bfn.

My AF has always been pretty regular and I've always been overweight and a couple years ago I didn't get AF for 2 months, went to the doctor and he basically looked at my size, said I have PCOS, said I should take the pill continuously and ordered some tests. I never went for the tests (I have a slight fear of the doctor) but took the pill continuously for about a year and a half. I stopped, and since then AF has been pretty regular. I think that initial 2 month no-show was just a really long cycle, as mine are a bit long (37 day average).

I bought some OPKS online, so will be doing that next cycle, not going to temp yet, but I might. Going to try the SMEP plan too. Anybody else doing that?

Hope everybody is doing well!

Mrs lsc: oh right, sorry for asking, just didn't know if it was the same thing I have, my pcos has caused me to be insulin resistant.

Ttcnhopeful: oh how strange, have you tested again?

Hello newbies!! Wishing you so much good luck x

oh no problem at all :) my RE said mild pcos..i don't have any issues other then the insulin part .hoping metformin regulates it all. I did lose 10lbs in 4weeks on it though. :)

Congrats Ellie!! How long have you been ttc? Please keep us updated!

afm..just waiting to O. Had an ultrasound Friday..one follicle on each side..but not mature yet..so going again for ultrasound Monday..if large enough they will tell me when to do HCG shot. Then I will go in again in 2 days for our first IUI. So I'm very anxious haha.

hang in there ladies. Our time will come:)

Congrats Ellie!! How long have you been ttc? Please keep us updated!

afm..just waiting to O. Had an ultrasound Friday..one follicle on each side..but not mature yet..so going again for ultrasound Monday..if large enough they will tell me when to do HCG shot. Then I will go in again in 2 days for our first IUI. So I'm very anxious haha.

hang in there ladies. Our time will come:)

It was actually our very first time to ttc. We only BD without protection (Sorry tmi) two days in a row because it was a last minute decsion that we wanted to start trying. It was on my online calender ovulation prediction days. I really didnt think it would happen but surprise!! It really seems unreal because ive seen so many ladies on here who have been ttc for quite some time now and everyone told me it would take several months. I just pray that i can pass on my baby dust to all of u!

The first hard part is over for me now but i still am anxious about having a healthy pregnancy and baby. I know there is so much that can happen and it worries me but i am trying to remain stress free and happy.

And i hope that your appointments go good and that this will be your lucky month!!!! What does the hcg shot do?

Congrats, Ellie!

Hope you ladies don't mind me jumping in too! My story:

I'm 26, fiance is just about 28. We were going to wait before TTC until we were married, but decided not to as a family is something that is important to us. I'm just finishing my first TWW, but am pretty sure AF is going to show in a few days. I've already taken a FRER and got a bfn.

My AF has always been pretty regular and I've always been overweight and a couple years ago I didn't get AF for 2 months, went to the doctor and he basically looked at my size, said I have PCOS, said I should take the pill continuously and ordered some tests. I never went for the tests (I have a slight fear of the doctor) but took the pill continuously for about a year and a half. I stopped, and since then AF has been pretty regular. I think that initial 2 month no-show was just a really long cycle, as mine are a bit long (37 day average).

I bought some OPKS online, so will be doing that next cycle, not going to temp yet, but I might. Going to try the SMEP plan too. Anybody else doing that?

Hope everybody is doing well!

I too have been really regular for the most part. I have a 27 to 28 day cycle. I have had two instances that aunt flo went missing for two months. I knew i couldnt possibly be preg during those times but it still scared me and i tested lol. :dohh:

I guess that is just one of thoes things that happens as our bodies change. It doesnt have to mean pcos. Its a shame docs automatically assume that if u r overweight.

How many dpo r u? I tested at 7 dpo ang got a neg.. then felt like af was coming and counted myself out. Then i had a dream at 11dpo that i tested positive so i tested and it was a bfp!

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->