PND Support Thread

i'm pleased you got help michy and that your starting to feel better. I do the not eating for days thing, not on purpose, i just kinda forget or don't fancy anything.

I forgot to mention that i have an extremely under active thyroid and although its been treated a known side effect is depression so this might contribute to things. I haven't felt very well physically since the delivery and i went to the doc yesterday and it turns out i have a interuterine infection that has caused my dizzyness, nausia and other stuff so wen i get rid of that i might start to feel a bit better (or i could be clutching at straws lol) xx

:hugs: michy and snatty b. Hope your infection clears up quickly hun. i'm sure you'll feel loads better emotionally once you're feeling physically fit. I know I did.

Aly - are you still feeling paranoid hun? Could be a side effect of the pills. Might be best to check with your doctor if it persists.

I felt paranoid all day yesterday :hissy:
but today i feel ok am a bit down but i think that is due to the :witch: turning up this morning x
I think my tabs are starting to kick in at last :happydance: av still been moody but nowhere near as bad as before x
Shifter how are you feeling :hugs:

Can i just say thanks i dont no wat i would av done with out ALL of you :hugs:

I'm having a bit of a weepy day today. Am trying to sort out getting my hospital notes and hire an IMW to go over them with me to look at what happened and analyse if things could have been different or not. It's something I really want to do even though I know it will be emotionally draining. Been going over things a bit this morning and getting upset about it :cry:

Hope you're feeling better Aly :hugs:

:hug: Shifter x
How do you get your hospital notes hun ? am just wondering if it will help me as i had complications with sam and nobody told me wat went wrong apart from my womb wouldnt contract :hissy: but am sure its something else as my placenter was really low and i think it was that that caused the complications

Hope your feeling better sooon hun and you get the answers you want :hugs:

Some GPs can initiate things for you if you ask them about it and they can arrange for someone at the hospital to go over them with you. But I sent a letter to the maternity unit to request a photocopy. I don't need to talk to anyone at the hospital, I understand everything that happened, what I need is an impartial eye to advise whether the best possible decisions were made at the time. The hospital staff would obviously just say yes, rather than cast a critical eye over the events.

An IMW will cost money but I think it's worth spending if it helps me come to terms with what happened and be able to face the possibility of having another baby in the future, as right now I simply don't trust my body any more. (Most women are scared of childbirth before they ever do it, I had to go through everything I knew to avoid before I got scared!)

I think im going to ask the doc thanks for the advice hun :hugs:
i think i just need answers cos they told me i couldnt have anymore babies as my womb wasnt strong enough to carry a baby full term and its too risky to say if i would ever make it over 13weeks :hissy:
so i think i just need to see it for myself if that makes sence hun :blush:

:hug: if you ever need to talk just pm me x

:hug: Aly. That's awful. It might be worth getting a second opinion and the reasons explained in layman's terms.

Hi there, I have just recently been diagnosed with PND, I am unsure of how long this has been going on as my partner says i havent really been "right" ever since my daughter was born but it has certainly gotten worse since Lucas arrived.

I went to see the GP and explained how i was feeling, i felt a little bit silly and guilty and anxious about it but I managed to explain how i felt and am now recieveing the support i need, I feel much better knowing that some of the things i have been experiencing are down to PND an not just me going insane....

My symptoms have been:

Feeling down and deeply depressed 60-80% of the time
Wild Mood Swings
Terrified that Lucas will die suddenly
Errational thoughts
Feeling like harming myself & attempting to do so occasionally
Panic Attacks
Not feeling like doing anything
Not feeling good enough
Not feeling like eating or sleeping/eating loads and wanting to sleep loads

:hugs: hun how are you feeling x
am sorry your having to go thro this aswell :hugs: if you need to talk about anything just come here and we will try to help as much as we can

3rd 'good' day! :happydance: Well apart from abit of a wobble y/day iv been feeling ok!

Awww rach that is great :hugs:
av been ok for the past couple of days too :happydance: well apart for a little cry i had earlier about something stupid :blush:

How is everyone else feeling :hugs:

crap, my doctor hasn't phoned me yet - I really feel very low today. It's my 3rd bad day in row and I really feel awful for the OH having to deal with me like this but I just can't control it. I don't like the thought of having to take medication for this but i really don't see any other way forward.

Hi lillysmum. Hopefully you will start to feel better soon with the support you are getting now :hugs:

I've been a bit weepy in the evenings again lately. Had a really big cry last night, was clinging onto hubby, could hardly stand for sobbing. After Jack's nightfeed I couldn't get back to sleep, I tossed and turned for a couple of hours, finally drifted off and he woke up for his breakfast :cry: so am shattered tonight. Am off to bed now folks.

Hope you're all well.

Hi lillysmum :hugs:
Well i have been i a right mood today i just keep shouting at everyone over the smallest thing :blush: dont no y i feellike this today
all i want to do is be like my normal self :hissy:

Kinda hoping my down days are baby blues as its early days ...Though 3 days ago i screamed at my husband in his face saying I hated him for tellin my 2 yr old off ......wrote a note stating older 2,s bedtimes and how much ebm to feed Lily and just walked out no phone no inhaler no idea where i was going and i just walked and walked which 1 wk after section wasnt a good idea ...i walked as far as i could then sat in a farmers field and cried and cried then struggled to get up walked home and my husband didnt ask where i had been or why ...i kno this wasnt normal behaviour but yet when hv asked how my moods had been i said fine :dohh: :blush:

Serina first of all :hugs:
hun its not to early to have pnd but you are also right it could be baby blues :hugs: the next time you see your hv and she asks how you are feeling tell her the truth hun she is there to help you and you no if you ever need anything were all here for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi lillysmum. Hopefully you will start to feel better soon with the support you are getting now :hugs:

I've been a bit weepy in the evenings again lately. Had a really big cry last night, was clinging onto hubby, could hardly stand for sobbing. After Jack's nightfeed I couldn't get back to sleep, I tossed and turned for a couple of hours, finally drifted off and he woke up for his breakfast :cry: so am shattered tonight. Am off to bed now folks.

Hope you're all well.

thanks, hope you get a sleep

thanks Aly, I feel the same today, was hping that my doc would have phoned me by now but nothing yet, will phone my doc again on monday if i havent heard anything.
Know what you mean about just wanting to feel yourself, its not until i have my good days that i realise that actually i should have to feel crap all the time.

Serina - i did exactly the same - whenever anyone asks me how i am i just say fine because i dont want to have to explain myself

Hello.

My name is Kelly, and I have just recently been diagnosed with PND.

I have a daughter who is 2 1/2 years old, Caitlin, and Thomas who is 3 1/2 months.

I never had PND with Caitlin but I noticed when Thomas was about 9 weeks old that I was never happy, I cried nearly every day, I was constantly snapping at OH and the kids, I was starting to eat more to comfort myself and eating crap like takeaways all the time, I had no sex drive what so ever.

I went to the HV before we went on holiday and she tried to give me tablets but I told her I wanted to wait until we got back off holiday as I thought having a break might help. Got back off holiday and I was actually worse. Went to the doctors and he has prescribed me some anti depressents. I have now been on them just over 2 weeks and I am feeling better than I was. I do still have my down days but no where near as many as what I had before.

The thing I found hardest was finding someone to talk to about it. I didnt want to admit it to myself never mind anyone else! But once I admitted it to myself it became a whole lot easier. There are a few people I know who have had or still have PND that I never knew had it before and being able to talk to them is so much better.

I am really looking forward to being able to read about other people and to let everything all out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->