PND

alannadee

3rd time lucky?
Reaction score
It's looking like I have mild pnd, I just feel so low all the time, I love my son to bits and feel quilty that I feel so crap. I should be so happy. I spoke to my hv today and she is coming to chat with me tmora and has made me a doctors appointment for tmora afternoon. I don't think I can talk to my hubby about it as he doesn't understand stuff like that. He's a pull yourself together type guy.

Hi, I suffered for 6 months before I told anybody so I know how alone you feel right now, it may seem like there isn't any light at the end of the tunnel but really with the right support and help you WILL get better, I was put on meds and I feel I am back to my old self and can enjoy my baby, I think you should talk to your hubby, my OH sounds similar to yours with that attitude, they don't understand but he will support you, really doesn't help at all holding things in, hope everything goes well at doctors, mines was quite bad as I left it too long and I'm feeling amazing right now, still on meds but I feel ready to come off them now :) good luck xx

I had pnd with my first and think I've got it again this time but milder. I feel so down and although some can be attributed to tiredness I think it's more than that x
I have been observed by psych nurse so far but am seeing the doctor on fri - think I need the meds again to help me get back on track x

It's good you're seeking help x my oh was not keen on me having meds but it did help and he admitted in the end it was needed x

I think I have pnd as well :(. I have had depression before and am beginning to feel like I did then, I find myself wanting to self harm again and I am so angry all the time. I would never ever do anything to hurt my son, and would never get angry with him. I wouldn't ever raise my voice to him. My oh though, I get angry at him, but not really to his face, I walk away and punch a wall hard. My knuckles are still bruised from last week when I did it last. I wanted to a few times since but they hurt to much!! Last night I had a brief sucidal thought! I know I never would as it's selfish but it scared me that that should pop into my head!

I can't talk to oh either cause I have in the past and he doesn't understand and gets angry! How does that help!!! So I told him the last time I won't ever talk to him about stuff like this again. I have just made a drs appointment but it's in 2 weeks! Didn't want to bother hv with it as she seems ditsy and not sure what she can do for me?!

Hope the dr is able to help you :) suppose if stuff gets worse for me I will get an emergency appointment

I think I have pnd as well :(. I have had depression before and am beginning to feel like I did then, I find myself wanting to self harm again and I am so angry all the time. I would never ever do anything to hurt my son, and would never get angry with him. I wouldn't ever raise my voice to him. My oh though, I get angry at him, but not really to his face, I walk away and punch a wall hard. My knuckles are still bruised from last week when I did it last. I wanted to a few times since but they hurt to much!! Last night I had a brief sucidal thought! I know I never would as it's selfish but it scared me that that should pop into my head!

I can't talk to oh either cause I have in the past and he doesn't understand and gets angry! How does that help!!! So I told him the last time I won't ever talk to him about stuff like this again. I have just made a drs appointment but it's in 2 weeks! Didn't want to bother hv with it as she seems ditsy and not sure what she can do for me?!

Hope the dr is able to help you :) suppose if stuff gets worse for me I will get an emergency appointment

I think you should phone your gp ASAP and get an urgent appointment, I did and I got one, for you it's urgent, it's awful, I've never had anger issues or real suicidle thoughts but once before I went to the gp I read the symptoms of depression/postnatal depression I seen suicidle thoughts and then it made my mind wonder into all sorts like what If I end up thinking like that, then it's stuck in my head! But I defo think you will need some support whether its therapy or meds, for me meds were a life saver, I first went gp when LO was 6 months, she is now 9 months and I am so in love with her, and still on meds for now, your oh doesn't sound to helpful, my oh seemed to think I was playing on being ill, they are useless at times all I wanted was some support, douchebag lol x

I think you should phone your gp ASAP and get an urgent appointment, I did and I got one, for you it's urgent, it's awful, I've never had anger issues or real suicidle thoughts but once before I went to the gp I read the symptoms of depression/postnatal depression I seen suicidle thoughts and then it made my mind wonder into all sorts like what If I end up thinking like that, then it's stuck in my head! But I defo think you will need some support whether its therapy or meds, for me meds were a life saver, I first went gp when LO was 6 months, she is now 9 months and I am so in love with her, and still on meds for now, your oh doesn't sound to helpful, my oh seemed to think I was playing on being ill, they are useless at times all I wanted was some support, douchebag lol x

I had a brief chat with oh saying I have made an appointment cause I don't feel right, I didn't go into any details as I don't want to worry or upset him.

I am going to keep an eye on myself, I recognise when I am getting bad. If I do get any worse I will defo get an emergency appointment. The counsellor I had before did a could job making recognise my triggers. I know why I am feeling like this and why I want to hurt myself is to do with control. Obviously you have zero control with a newborn.

I think meds would do me the world of good tbh. I feel that there is an imbalance that needs to be rectified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->