pocket money how old and how much?

To my daughter a few different pennies are the world to her, so she hardly gets anything given to her, but I do buy her different things like magazines and small toys if she is well behaved does well on her star chart, she is 5.

I buy everything my children need. I do not reward them with money. They receive money on occasion from a relative as a birthday present but I do not hand them money. They are expected to keep their rooms picked up and they all have chores but we work together as a family. The things they do for chores are things they will need to know how to do when they are out on their own and have their own home :)

Mine get up to £5 a week each ( 6 and 4) but only if they have helped ot with things , we are trying to teach them that money is earnt . So when they keep asking for things and we say daddy has to go to work a long time to afford that they sort of understand the principle. If they have been good all week and done something to help they get the £5 , if they have been naughty or whatever it gets adjusted accordingly.

That may sound mean but they get A LOT of money each week for nothing too . They got to Football 3 times a week , swimming once a week , science club and karate . All of which costs me just over £50 a week and that is all stuff they want to do not that i have sent them too

We don't give pocket money as such- what do they need it for? We pay for their clothes, their days out, we buy them food, occasional treats and toys. Nothing they need to buy.

When they are 15/16- they will get the money that we spend on each of them each month for them to spend how they want but they will be expected to buy everything themselves-clothes, video games, trips out, trains to school etc.

We do give the odd £1 or so when they have been well behaved and helped tidy up.

They usually get a couple of £s each of my Dad when he is here too.

My grandma gives my 3 £10 between them which goes into their money boxes,I dont give them a set amount but they get taken out,sweets/treats bought all the time and if they want something pricey they either save up or wait till birthday or christmas.Currently they each have £50+ in their pots so it seems they save their own money and spend mine lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->