Pointless, but SO excited!! Had to share with someone who'll get how happy I am!!

fuffyburra

Hattie Flower's mummy :)
Reaction score
Oh is asleep next to me; trying desperately to type quietly so as not to wake him up lol poor thing is up at 3:30am tomorrow! Anywho, was just talking to him about when we're going to TTC, and I asked what he wanted to do before we started. He said get enough money to move out, live together for a while, the usual stuff he always says (he's always really vague, and NEVER gives an exact time for anything, EVER, not even what time he'll be home from work lol), then he said, completely out of the blue, that we can start TTC two years today!! :cloud9:
I mean, I know it's aaages away, but he must've been thinking about it to come up with an actual date. And the time will pass super quickly (I hope!)
Phew! Just had to let it out, and knew you guys would understand why I'm so excited, even though it seems like nothing :p
Thanks for listening, now I'm going to go make a TTC ticker, like all the cool kids have XD
xx

Way to go!!! That's great news, you must be over the moon, congrats!!! Now it's just the countdown, I like your ticker by the way. XXX

Thanks :D I see you guys haven't got long to go, you can both be here in two years telling me how scary it is :p haha xx

Congrats to you and BTW 2 years is a flick of time, especially after you have kids. I can still see, touch and smell everything about L&D with my first, as if I could just reach my arms out and touch that very time -- and that was 3 years ago, same goes for my almost 2 year old. Just remember to keep yourself busy with preparations and time will WHIZ by!

Thanks! I hope it will fly by! For some reason it seems so much shorter now I have a confirmed date. Even though I knew it was roughly 2 - 3 years it seems like less now :)
By the way, I love BNB; it's the only place you can go online at 5:30 and there's 6 other people on there too!!
xx

You make it sound so magical btw cdejdemommy, I hope all my pregnancies are like that ^^,
xx

wahey :) hopefully i can persuade oh to start ttc in a year or so :)

Hi Katy

looks like we're on the same time-scale - my OH wants to get a course out of the way first, so I've got three years, but he's almost agreed to start trying during his third year (have convinced him it will probably take more than one month!) which means a two year wait for me too.

I hope it passes quickly!

What are you doing to prepare? I'm going to make sure that our finances are in as good a shape as possible, as we're hoping to buy a house the year after he graduates and a baby and a house in a short period of time is going to cost ££££!

Best

Fly

Thats amazing news. It makes you feel on top of the world when they give you a date doesnt it! My OH did a few weeks ago and i was buzzing for days lol. Im waiting for 8 months - hoping it will fly. Iv seen a few ladies on here make a list of things they want to do before TTC which takes your mind off it a little. Me and the OH always said we wanted an amazing holiday. we have booked it now and are TTC whilst we are there!!!! Before that i want to make sure my body is in great shape and save some pennies for when the baby is here :) Hope your time in WTT flys by x

It does feel really really good! Like suddenly two years is shorter than it was before. I knew it was roughly 2-3 years, but now it feels shorter? Y'know what I mean :p
I've got a list too, I've split it in to 6 month segments though so it doesn't look so daunting lol. Holiday is on my list too, that's so exciting that you'll be TTC on holiday! What a lovely way to concieve a baby. I might suggest it to OH haha!
Hope your time flies too :) xx

i know what you mean - once the date is set it seems so much closer lol. I always think back that time frame. Like i think 8 months ago - it was valentines day and we went to a wedding and found out my OHs cousin was expecting again. This all seems like 5 mins ago!!! She had the baby at the weekend :O i couldnt believe it!!! xx

ah well done! Getting the green light to start trying is brilliant news!! You have plenty of time to enjoy yourself in the meantime too! x

Wow, I've never thought of it like that before. 2 years ago, little did I know, I was about to meet my OH (well, re-meet him, we went to school together). That's scary stuff! Lol it really doesn't seem like that long ago at all :)
That must be really strange, her having the baby. Really does seem like 5 mins eh? It'll be you next!
Yup, plenty of time for OH to finish apprenticeship, then we can move out and enjoy living together alone for a while :) Time to start my own little crafty business, and have lots of fun with friends first :D xx

Oooo what kind of crafty business??

It really does seem like 5 mins ago, i was pretty shocked when i got the picture message on saturday - i wanted to cry ( i want it to be meeeee lol) i had to recount the months from when we got told!!! i have been living with OH nearly 2 years now. Now i get thinking time is absolutly FLYING! :) xx

Thanks Missmuffet! :)
I make odd little things for my own amusement and give them away as presents at the moment, but I've thought of a small range of baby/childrens products like little baby shoes/slippers, funky memo boards/reward charts for kids' rooms, baby mobiles, little toys, nursery paintings etc. My mum makes clothes so we're going to sell on Folksy and at craft fairs/school fetes and stuffs :D I'm so excited!! It'll only be part time, and the rest of the time I'll have an actual job.
Lovely OH has agreed to pay the majority of the bills and stuff when we move out, so I'm all set! :)
2 years, time really is flying! Not long now, you'll be sending round pictures to all your family and friends soon! How long have you two been together? If you don't mind me asking xx

Oh yeah, forgot to ask lol, what's on your little to do list? I know a lot of people have home improvements on theirs, but if you've been living together 2 years it might all be done xx

i love to paint but i never have the time anymore :( i love wondering round hobbycraft and thinking of all the little things i could make lol. Good luck with it - you wil have to let me know how you are progressing with it. I think its lovely when someone gives you a handmade gift. Makes it feel much more special. Do you have a journal?

We have been together 4 years next month. Met him just after my 18th birthday. One of our first goals was to get on the property ladder as we were renting at first. We bought our first place in April and moved in in june! Felt so good to finally get the mortgage as we always said we had to do that before kids. Our appartment is brand new so we dont have to do any improvments before a baby comes. My main goals on my to-do list is get some money saved. Have managed to get myself out of a lot of debt, i am very proud :) lol. I am now debt free(exept the mortgage) and already have a little in my savings. I wanted a holiday, which we have booked. i also want to get my body in to sync. so i came off the bcp 4 months ago and i am starting to track my cycles so i know where i am. I dont have many goals lol. i thought i better be realistic as i would worry if i didnt get things done.

xx

I paint fairly often but as I said I only work part time, I don't think I'd do it half as much if I worked full time :p You should buy a few little bits and maybe just make 1 or 2 presents for Christmas, if you enjoy making things. By the sounds of it you'd be quite good :) I love recieving handmade gifts too ^^ So much more personal. My sister had a baby just over a year ago, and she made tiny little gifts last Christmas for us from her little girl. That was sweet :) Where she finds the time, I don't know!
OH says he's not too anxious to buy a place yet, he's happy with renting for a few years until his salary goes up enough. I'm alright renting too, we just can't afford a deposit of £40k lol! Wish we did have our own house though.
Well done for getting out of debt, that's on my OH's list as well. It's a massive achievment, and he's struggling a bit at the moment because he's still an apprentice, so well done you!
I tried to thin my list down as well, tracking your cycle will be hard enough haha! Sounds like you're on track already :D I've just applied for a new job, so I'm gonna get some money to start the little craft business. Exciting! :D
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->