• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

POLL: How Long Did It Take You To Conceive?

17 months for us to conceive =]
I took the bc pill for 5 years, i'm def not going back on it >=/ the bc pill really messed up my body...

I started birth control pills at 15 and continued taking them for 6 years until me and DH started trying for a baby in dec 2006. After trying naturally for a while and nothing happening I found out I had PCOS and I was given drugs to help but that didn't work! Well here we are in 2011 and I found out I was pregnant 1 week ago. Completely natural and unexpected so totally over the moon!!

I got pregnant on my 4th month of ttc. I had been on the nuva ring for about a year, the pills for the other 5 years before that.

I've had a few losses, but with this pregnancy we conceived exactly one year after our wedding... Anniversary night baby :blush:

Was on Depo 11 or 12 years I know way toooooo long then was nuva ring for something like 9 months went off that as soon as my cycles returned only took us 3 months to conceive it was because of ovaluation test that we became pregnant if i knew of these tests earlier would've used it back in december so I could tell my family at christmas that we were expecting.

We got pregnant right away. I stopped Yasmine (had been on the pill for 4 years) on Jan 12 and got my first positive test result today, Feb 10!

2 weeks with baby #1 after being on the pill for 5 years. I had just stopped it two weeks prior to conceiving

2 months with baby #2

Was on various mini pills for about 10 years (with an 18month break in the middle), came off in october, waited for one cycle so we knew where we were with it and then fell pregnant first month of trying.

Approx eight months...after been on the pill for ten years. :)

we have been unbe;iveably lucky. Our daughter was conceived after one hit (literally, she was a calculated risk and came along a little sooner than we had expected). we started trying for number 2 and fell pregnant in the first month. bit of a shock - was expecting it to take months.

1st pregnancy was at age 15, was never on BC and had only had 1 period prior to conceiving
On the pill for 10 years, then 2 consecutive IUDs (1st coil, 2nd mirena)
Conceived again after mirena pulled due to infection, conceived in the two week window between Mirena pull and Depo taking effect
2nd ended in miscarriage
3rd (present) happened just 5 days after miscarriage of 2nd. No BC in interim

we got pregnant the first month :D i was on the pill (yasmin) before xx

1. How long did it take you to conceive?
1st child- It took us 4 months to conceive DS.
2nd- 8 months to conceive, sadly ended it m/c, then 1 month and I am afraid that we've lost this one as well, still waiting for results.

2. Did you take birth control prior to pregnancy? and if so for how long?
1st child- Yes, I was on the pill for 10 years before we TTC.
2nd- Yes, while nursing I was on MircoNor (mini pill), but only for 2 months.

It took us about 6 months to conceive (this is our first)...

Never was on birth control. Not sure if it's because I have a retroverted uterus...the month I concieved I turned on my stomach and lifted by legs with a pillow, so maybe that helped...who knows! When it happens it's just meant to be.

My first child it took 2 1/2 years, my 2nd child was not from a good reason so I wasnt trying. My 3rd is taking me 22 months so far to conceive. eh I hope this is my last month of trying.

this is my 3rd baby so here is my story
Jacob was concieved while on birth control pills and antibiotics

Zander took almost 4 years of active TTC even had 6 rounds of Clomid that didnt work and finally got pregnant when I had given up and we only had sex 1 time that month :wacko: I had been taking Vitex and lost 45 lbs also so those both contributed to me finally getting pregnant I think

this baby is a pleasant suprise from NTNP since my IUD fell out in November we had been discussing permanent birth control as we had decided not to try for anymore but its obviously meant for us to have 1 more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"