POLL: How Long Did It Take You To Conceive?

I tried for 2 months the first time, m/c late nov 2010, have been trying again and this will be our second cycle. I was on birth control for 8 years prior but had come of it and using condoms for 3-4 months before we started trying. fingers crossed for this month

On BC since 1995, stopped BC in early Feb 2010 but didn't start trying till later in the year to allow body to get over the pill. Conceived on cycle 6.

1. How long did it take you to conceive?
My fiancé and I were very concerned about my chances of fertility (because of my PCOS), so we began trying to conceive our first when I was 18 & he was 20. It took us exactly two years to conceive our baby girl. We started TTC in October 2008, and got our BFP in October of 2010 :D It took us a long time to conceive-- but it's so worth it !!

2. Did you take birth control prior to pregnancy? and if so for how long?
I did not take any birth control pills prior to pregnancy. I took provera pills to induce bleed-- and before we were trying to concieve, my fiancé wore condoms.

Good luck ! :flower:

This time around, one night! Decided not to go back on the pill, as prior to my previous pregnancy I was using hormonal contraception for 10 years and it took us nearly 1 1/2 years to conceive LO and I had one mc.

i have never been on the pill,we decided to try on 11th november and i found out i was 4weeks pregnant on 4th december so it happened within a few days.

We actually tried to conceive for about 3 months, then stopped trying and the next cycle is when it happened. I wasn't on any form of birth control before we started trying.

I was on the pill for about 9 years which I came off in August and got my BFP in December.
First cycle was 80 days so I thought we might take a while but we were NTNP and fairly relaxed about it and got preg in my 3rd cycle off the pill.

x

it took us about a year to concieve ...i was starting to get worried because im young and healthy,and started filling my head with negative thoughts of infertility.... but we finally made it!! As for birth control, i was on it a few years back but not for long...maybe 6-7 months.

With my DD I fell first month. I was 22 and had been on the pill to clear up my acne from when I was 15 until 3 months before I started trying.

This time was third cycle. I had my copper coil removed on 19 November 2010 and got a :bfp: today! I had that coil for a year and a mirena for a year before that.

I had the copper coil in until July 2010, caught on our 1st month of trying x

First time, I'd been on the pill for 5 years, and it took me 15 months to conceive.

2nd time, no birth control, fell pregnant without even having a period!

I've long suspected that using the pill for so long contributed to my struggle to conceive and also the miscarriage that I had- interesting reading through this!

Thanks ladies I love reading all your answers! I have a question for you ladies. My DH and I are TTC this is our 1st month. I stopped BCP on 1/14 after10 years, got my normal period 2 weeks later. Took OPK and ovulated on 1/28. Do you think there is any reason we wouldnt fall pregnant 1st month? I am very healthy no PCOS or anything. Any advice would be great.........

:hug:

I wasnt on any birth control apart from condoms for the 5 years before trying. I did try cerazette for a few months previous to these 5 years.

It took me 1 month to conceive. Im a SUPER lucky one.

riggins1017, I think the chances of conceiving within a month (normal healthy couple having regular sex - ie every 2 or 3 days) are something like 30%. I was one of those 30% which I think was incredibly lucky (we used clearblue fertility monitor had sex a LOT, every day on the high days and I think twice a day on the peak days!!), though I don't think that if you don't conceive within a month there is anything wrong! Lots of things have to happen at the right time for the bean to stick etc. And there is that statistic of 25% of pregnancies ending in miscarriage - often before the woman even suspects she is pregnant. Good luck!

So I started this thread to ready all of your answers to help myself and other ladies out alittle bit but now I can officially answer the question!!!!!!

I have been off my birth control for 5 weeks and 2 days and tomorrow I will be 4 weeks pregnant.:happydance::happydance::happydance: I was on birth control for 10 years. I got my :bfp: :bfp: :bfp: on 2/8/2011!!!!!

So for any women out there who were like me that were afraid it would take forever b/c of the birth control just know that everyone is different and you could be lucky like me!

my daughter is now 2 1/2 and we havent used anything since - have fallen pregnant once feb 2010 but had a m/c and now still waiting.:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->