Poll: Stephanie

Babybug

Reaction score
What do people think of Stephanie I like it at the moment, I think it matches my daughter Eloise.

I think its fairly uncommon these days ( number 345ish on uk top names list) but not really out there or weird.

What do people think of Stephanie I like it at the moment, I think it matches my daughter Eloise.

I think its fairly uncommon these days ( number 345ish on uk top names list) but not really out there or weird.

We will most likely stay team yellowbut im feeling girl
. We have a boy name waiting too

My best friends 8 year old is called Stephanie. Personally I thought it was a very strange and grown up name for a baby, and still feel like it is for a cheeky 8 year old. Although she is usually referred to as the more childish version 'Stephy' which I really don't like :(

Saying that, I also have a 30 year old friend named Stephanie and have never found it strange for her, although she absolutely hates being called 'steph'

I think my problem is it isnt a very pretty name (stef) but that really is just my personal opinion. Sorry xx

I don't think it is in the same style as Eloise. And it is really 80's along with Ashley, Amber, and Brittany.

its quite out dated and my friend Steph is forever getting mad and yelling at people 'its not stef-fanny, theres no fanny in my name - its stef-nee' might be an accent thing but it drives her mad (cant blame her I wouldnt want a name with 'fanny' in it)

Just a note for Americans: 'fanny' means something completely different in the UK

Its alright, i don't dislike it but it just doesn't get me excited. x

its quite out dated and my friend Steph is forever getting mad and yelling at people 'its not stef-fanny, theres no fanny in my name - its stef-nee' might be an accent thing but it drives her mad (cant blame her I wouldnt want a name with 'fanny' in it)

But it's spelt that way lol, never heard of someone trying to to have it pronounced 'Steph-nee'.
I'm not fond of the name myself but I like very feminine girls names like flower names etc

I think it's def a dated name - like Jennifer, Amy, or Tiffany. It's fine for a mom, but not a new baby in my opinion! Sorry :flower:

I think it's a bit dated as well. It's my younger sister's name too though and we don't get along. :lol:

Sure it might be a bit dated, but don't let that hold you back if you like it!

Those numbers means it's less common now - not climbing the chart right? Like in 2002 it ranked #42 but in 2012 it has fallen all the way back to #168? Which means its getting less & less popular.

:shrug:

Sure it might be a bit dated, but it's climbing back up the ranking charts in the US:

2012 168
2011 146
2010 126
2009 112
2008 105
2007 88
2006 70
2005 64
2004 55
2003 49
2002 42

Eh, who cares if some people see it as dated? Today's popular name will be dated in time as well. I thinks its a pretty name and if you like it, that is all that matters.
Every Stephanie or Stefanie I have known has been a really sweet girl too :)

Those numbers means it's less common now - not climbing the chart right? Like in 2002 it ranked #42 but in 2012 it has fallen all the way back to #168? Which means its getting less & less popular.

Sure it might be a bit dated, but it's climbing back up the ranking charts in the US:

2012 168
2011 146
2010 126
2009 112
2008 105
2007 88
2006 70
2005 64
2004 55
2003 49
2002 42

Hah yes! I was actually laying in bed last night and for some reason this popped in my head. Not sure what I was thinking!

I'm losing my mind - disregard :)

2012 168
2011 146
2010 126
2009 112
2008 105
2007 88
2006 70
2005 64
2004 55
2003 49
2002 42

thats what I though unless this is births per year in which case its rising but still off the charts low

It's completely up to you, one of my favourite girls names is Jessica but its currently really common so that puts me off :(
Instead I think that if this bump is a girl she will end up being called Jennifer / Jennie, a very 80s unpopular name but that's the way I like it (hence our DD being called Louise), who cares what anyone else thinks xx

It's completely up to you, one of my favourite girls names is Jessica but its currently really common so that puts me off :(
Instead I think that if this bump is a girl she will end up being called Jennifer / Jennie, a very 80s unpopular name but that's the way I like it (hence our DD being called Louise), who cares what anyone else thinks xx

My daughters middle name is Jennifer wr must have similar tastes

My daughters middle name is Jennifer wr must have similar tastes

My name is Steph and I quite like it :)

I think it's good to have different names for children. A friend recently called her daughter Ruth, and I know one of the celebrity's has called their baby Dolly... The older names are making a come back and at the end of the day if you like a name you like it. Stephanie isn't a chavvy name, it's not common or tacky so if you like it go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->