Poll: Stephanie

If you like it have it. Mostly people will not like a name from 20 plus years ago as we all probably went to school/work with one which means we have formed an opinion on that name, which is why people try and find 'unusual' names because there will be less of a connection. I find it here or there but as you can see its not my 'type' of name i go for.

It's not that it's an awful name, just that it's along the lines if Tiffany and Jenny like pp said. Nothing wrong with them, just suited to people that are older. To me it'd be like naming a new baby girl Deborah or Barbara.

I voted a bit 80s, but don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. In a couple of years the 80s names will be back in. I think it goes nicely with your daughter's name as they're both very feminine.

I like it, but perhaps because I had two good friends growing up with that name. I think it's girly, while 'Steph' is more neutral and strong for a tomboy.
For the record, I am a Jennifer, so total child of the 80s.

Thing is with dated names, people might think 'old fashioned' the first time they hear it but soon they won't be able to imagine your daughter as anything else. As a bonus, most people will know how to spell and pronounce it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->