Polyhydramnios?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
Anyone have or have had this condition? What was your pregnancy like? Among many other complaints, I notice that now at 33 weeks (but measuring 37) I'm having a hard time catching my breath and breathing at night. The heartburn has been horrible, the swelling has been worse this time from the excessive fluid, I also keep getting quite a bit of BH and I get indigestion so easily from there not being enough room in my stomach. I can't imagine going through 7 more weeks of this! I'm so ready to be done now but I want baby to stay in as long as possible.

One of my twins had this, I had bad heartburn and swelling. In my case my son was diagnosed with tracheaesophogeal fistula which explained his polyhydraminous. They were born at 33 weeks. However there were two and I also had cervix issues on top of that. It's something they should be keeping a close eye on!

I know this is an old thread but hoping to wake it up instead of making a new one.
I was just diagnosed with polyhydraminos at 30 weeks, we're still waiting for my glucose test results to come in to see if that may be the cause.

How did the rest of your pregnancy go lilmisscaviar?
I'm pretty worried at this point but I'm going back in a few days for another ultrasound to check fluid levels again

I know this is an old thread but hoping to wake it up instead of making a new one.
I was just diagnosed with polyhydraminos at 30 weeks, we're still waiting for my glucose test results to come in to see if that may be the cause.

How did the rest of your pregnancy go lilmisscaviar?
I'm pretty worried at this point but I'm going back in a few days for another ultrasound to check fluid levels again

To be honest I felt a lot further along than I was. At 34 weeks my belly was measuring 38/39 weeks so I had my fluids measured regularly via ultrasound. Thankfully they only rose from 29 to 31 within a month but I was still carrying more fluid than the "average" person. By that time though I was getting pretty miserable to be honest. Baby was having a hard time engaging because the excess fluid was making him float and so he was always squashing my lungs. I thought "by golly I'm never going to go into labor" but by some miracle I actually went into spontaneous labor the next week. One thing I will warn you about is to get to the hospital as soon as possible when you feel like labor is coming on. There is a slight risk of premature birth with polyhydramnios because of the weight of the water in the sac pushing against the cervix, as I'm sure your doctor has warned you about, and that's what happened to me. Amazingly my waters didn't break on their own - they had to break them at the hospital - and though they had to change the pad on the bed about 4 times my delivery went just the same as with my other children. He is doing wonderful and has shown absolutely no signs of health issues from the polyhydramnios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->