poo question (yellow, then green, then mucous)

florabean1981

mum to Harry 06/10/09
Reaction score
Today, my son has pood during every feed & everytime I've changed his nappy, within minutes, he's done another one!
I'm getting concerned, as thismorning they were the normal yellow kind, then one was greenish 7 very thin/watery, then they became really mucousy, then the last 2 have been a kinda like a clearish almost flourescent greenish colour.
I'm pretty sure that isnt normal????
I know green poo can be from too much foremilk, but I dont think that's the case as I always make sure he drains one boob before i move onto the other & also I havent eaten anything weird or anything that I can think of that might affect him...
Should I call his GP or NHS or something, or should I see how it goes? I'm worried he might get dehydrated if he keeps pooing this much. I'm offering him my boobs every hour or so, and whenevr he starts getting niggly, and he seems to bringing up wind okay (from both ends) & when not on me or anything, seems relatively happy in himself, with his usual smiles & doesn't squirm in pain or anything when I rub his tummy or anything...
what should I do?

edit:i forgot to add that he has had a bit of a snotty nose recently, but hasnt been unwell in himself; just a bit of a snot monster.

My girl had this recently (5weeks) sounds exactly the same green and mucousy and some just like translucent green eggwhite and i looked it up and can be caused by food allergies and just from snotty nose( the mucous is undigested snot eyw). She had really bad colic to so called the health visitor and she said it could be caused by wind (the food gets pushed through the system by the farts is how she put it lol) One week of infacol atEVERY feed and shes fine with yellow poo :) Tried to cut down the infacol yesterday and i really regret it (typing with colicy baby over shoulder and green poo is back) i would call the hv if worried, hope all goes well

he has been quite windy, and snotty, so I guess it could be that? I think if he's still like it tomorrow, I will see if one of the drop in centres is open & take him to it just to make sure. He used to Infacol when he was in his first month, but then I swapped to Gripe Water, but I only give it to him maybe once, sometimes twice a day at the most, coz normally he brings up wind really easily & hasnt had any of the signs of colic :shrug:
Might get some Infacol again just in case, lol.

Thanks for replying :)

I could have written your post.

My LO has been like this for almost two weeks I think. I still haven't figured it out. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her other than a very mild snotty nose which is worse last thing at night/first thing in the morning.

On the plus side - since yesterday it seems to have improved - although it's not back to normal yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->