Poop stains

JessesGirl29

Reaction score
I've just started cloth diapering with bumgenius and fuzzibuns. My inserts and diapers have light stains where the poo has been and I'm just wondering if that is normal. I know that they are clean from smell and feel so no worries there. I'm using soap nuts.

I'm wondering if it's being at the cottage for the summer. I have 1/no diaper sprayer and 2/no hot water in the washing machine (just links up with the water tank before the heater). When I get back home will the hot water make for less stains? I'm still happy cloth diapering but curious.

I also won't be able to reply to this thread until I get back to Internet land again but truely appreciate any insight to a FTM new to cloth diapers.

Stains are normal and nothing to worry about unless the nappies aren't clean but you'd be able to tell easily if they weren't!

Soap nuts don't have the brighteners, whiteners and enzymes you often find in commercial detergents so they don't have quite the same power against stains. Often you will find whites in particular look a bit dingy after a while, as well as some stains not shifting quite as well. You can add something like soda crystals if you want to give them a boost but there's no harm in just leaving them. Sunlight is probably the best way to remove stains so just hang things out to dry if you can.

Hot water probably won't help with stains, in fact cold water will usually get them out better since hot can kind of cook stains in. However, soap nuts do appreciate some warmth to get them working so if you're not doing it already I would try dunking them in a cup of hot water for a few seconds before putting them in the machine - you'll see them start to bubble a bit if you squeeze them and that's a good sign.

^^WSS

If you are breastfeeding, bf poops stain the dickens out of anything it touches, but ff poop is no treat either lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->