Poor Girl - Amanda Todd - Bullying

https://news.sky.com/story/997503/memorial-page-targeted-by-hate-messages I reported the facebook page to. Her vid had me in tears.

An article about Amanda Todd's mother:
https://jezebel.com/5951520/amanda-todds-mother-plans-to-educate-other-parents-on-cyber+bullying

Can't believe what one of my "friends" on Facebook said on an RIP photo on her tribute page. She basically said that suicide is the selfish way out and that she has no time for people who commit suicide. She still found the time to comment on the photo in the first place though, didn't she:dohh:

:nope:God help her if anyone close to her ever commits suicide, i'm sure she won't be spouting the same nonsense then. Funnily enough this girl is one lf the most selfish people I know. People can say what they want but anyone who would go as far as to take their own life must have been in incredible pain, more than anyone could ever imagine, no matter what the circumstances a young girl with her whole life ahead of her is dead, it is not the time to be throwing around the "suicide is selfish/is the easy way out" comments, besides who is anyone to judge? Think what you want but as the saying goes "if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all".

People make me so mad sometimes. Can't believe I used to be good friends with this person. "It's the easy way out, especially when there are people fighting for their lives" UGH I'm just going to stop reading now, it's infuriating and upsetting. Didn't think I knew people like this tbh.:grr:

So tragic :( RIP Amanda x

I looked through the picture on the memorial page and started reporting the disgusting ones but realised there was just too many. Some people are sick!

I know this isn't down to facebook but they really need to sort themselves out when it comes to looking into reported pages :nope:

Facebook really does bring out the worst in people:nope:

My OH has just told me that her suicide has been filmed? Does anyone no if its true? He said hes watched it but I dont know....

Anonymous may have found him!
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...10/15/bc-amanda-todd-tormentor-anonymous.html

Also wanted to share something awesome:
a woman who lives near my city went to post a message of condolence on an Amanda Todd Memorial FB page and like many of us, was appalled at some of the things written there. One man in particular said some awful things. She clicked on his profile and he had his work info listed. She looked up the contact info for his work place, sent a copy of his comments to the company with a note saying, "you might be interested in what one of your employees left as a public comment on a memorial site", and the guy got fired over it.
I say, good for her. We have to start demanding some online decency. Despicable behaviour like that online deserves some real life consequences.

Facebook really does bring out the worst in people:nope:

That is people, not facebook. :cry: It does pee me off the amount of crap I see thats just un called for. I de friend people who post like that or the ones that posted nasty stuff or even commented on stuff that appears in my feed that was nasty. Not seen any about Amanda though.

Haha that's great! I've heard of that happening before to other people who post disgusting things on Facebook. Just because they can hide behind a computer screen doesn't give anyone the right to say or do as they please.

There are far, far to many people online who give it the biggun' and post some outrageous things that they wouldn't dare say in real life.

I started a debate thread on this topic of unmasking/outing cybertrolls and bullies, if anyone is interested:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/n...es-vigilante-justice-well-deserved-karma.html

There is a part of me that feels like we need to take the public forum spaces back from the trolls. BnB is an exceptionally respectful, supportive forum. I have been exposed to a few recently that have left me shocked by the nasty, rude behaviour.
Maybe if anonymity weren't there, it wouldn't be such an issue?

I feel heartbroken for this girl. I wish I had seen her video when it was posted, then I could have offered support, although I don't know how much difference it would have made.

I feel so angry for her. She was beautiful.

xo

I feel heartbroken for this girl. I wish I had seen her video when it was posted, then I could have offered support, although I don't know how much difference it would have made.

I feel so angry for her. She was beautiful.

xo

I think it would have made a huge difference to her to know that there are thousands of people in the world that care very much about what happened to her.

For those who are interested, here is a link to the full news story about the man who got fired for posting nasty comments:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2012/10/16/calgary-airdrie-woman-website-comment.html

I dont understand why people do this, what do they get out of being this horrible?

Where were her real life friends? They should have been protecting her.

Have kids changed? There was the normal bitchy groups at my secondary school and im sure some kids got picked on a bit but i there is no way this would ever happen. Nobody would go this far and that was only 10 years ago.

I hope she has some peace now

So awful :nope: That something as minor as a topless picture could destroy a girl's life. I was bullied in school and I know how it destroys your self esteem. I'm 21 now and left that school at 17. I'm much better now but doubt my confidence will ever reach where it was before I started school there.

People are saying she deserved to be bullied and what did she expect, and that they know 'someone who was bullied and they just pushed through it' etc:( It's really sad tbh, people are basically condoning the bullies actions when they should be standing together against them.

so sad

It is actually shocking how many children commit suicide because of bullying and how many children are bullied its awful - BUT still today i hear parents say 'rather my kid a bully than be bullied'
- when i was at school there was loads of bullying and fights and bitching both male and female - mainly picking on the 'loners' or the 'poorer' children or the 'slappers' who didnt have the latest clothes/trainers - it happens and it happens alot for all sorts of reasons -

the only difference now is that we have mobile phones, internet, social network sites, you tube etc etc .........things spread like wildfire even more so now and theres no getting away from it.... so in that sense its worse now.

I hate bullies and would be devastated if my child was a bully - parents need to educate their children on bullying as well as schools - words can hurt.

Yeah I seen that. Its awful. So evil that a person could do that to another person.

I just hate the whole attitude of "oh there are people out there fighting for their lives she's just selfish it was only a bit of bullying, lots of people are bullied and don't kill themselves, there's help out there for those who need it etc":nope: Things affect people in different ways, some people are stronger than others, not everyone finds it easy to reach out and ask for help and no one truly knows how a person is feeling. It's disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->