Poor little guy

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
He's been constipated for a few days and now has finally released it all.

I think it's because of a change of formula that we did a few times. Since I couldn't drive until yesterday OH picked up a couple of different types of formula and obviously it didn't sit well in Chase's stomach. Does this sound familiar?

What is strange though is the consistency of his poo. Pasty and green today. I know newborn babies usually have mustard like consistency. Could it just have been that he was constipated?

Just learning this bottle feeding as I am more used to breastfeeding and the normal elimination process of it.

BTW, now keeping his type of formula consistent :)

I'm going to try to type this out before Hannah wakes up :D

It does sound like the change of formulas caused some constipation, I've heard that it can. We've only switched formulas once....from what the hospital gave us to Nestle, which we had bought at home.

What formula are you using? Is it iron fortified? The iron can cause the poo to be green instead of mustardy yellow. Our pediatrician has told us that some parents have problems with their infants having green poos on Nestle. Hannah's a little odd.......the first little bit when she goes is green and than it turns mustardy yellow, which our pediatrician said was just fine.

If I were you I would try to stick with one formula and see if that helps. If Chase is still having problems talk to your pediatrician, they may want you to switch to a formula with less iron in it or to a soy based formula

Yes, I have definitely have switched back to Nestle this past two days. Looking at the label, it is iron fortified. :hugs:

Will definitely keep an eye on it.

We've changed about 3 times since leaving the hospital and I am now realizing it wasn't a good thing.

I like Nestle as they have the concentrated liquid and the ready to feed liquid, and one can stay consistent.

Well when max was born i was suplimenting with enfilac and that didnt sit well ata ll ..we must have changed 3 times and yeah he was constipated but it came out after 3 days or so ..

Now ive been breast feeding him and formula since birth and well his poo is green which is mostly from the formula ..what happens is they have too much iron so they need to get rid of it and hence why its green ..

Thats what ive been told :)

The one we use is iron fortified as well, and like I said we do get a little bit of green, than lots of yellow :rofl: You are going for a checkup later? I'd go ahead and ask your doctor just to make sure :D

I will definitely do so. I think it could possibly be that he wasn't eliminating properly for a few days causing a buildup in his system. But, still, have to make sure he is happy and comfy. :)

Poor guy had gas sooo bad that one thought he dirtied his diaper when in fact he did not. :( He did awesome too...no fussiness even though he had a bad tummy. Just thankful that he's released it all now.

One thing we've found that helps when Hannah needs to go is to move her legs like a bicycle if that makes sense? Seems to help relieve them a bit and a lot of times she's gone pretty quickly after :D

One thing we've found that helps when Hannah needs to go is to move her legs like a bicycle if that makes sense? Seems to help relieve them a bit and a lot of times she's gone pretty quickly after :D

Yes, I've done that to my other babies and Chase. It does help release wind but didn't help him go right away. I also find that bathing helps to relax them in that area.

Another thing is to rub the right side of their tummies. That tends to help release the wind a bit too.

I was giving him a bath yesterday and his tummy looked so bloated but seems much softer today. :)

:hugs:

:rofl: I don't think Stan would go for the tub thing, he's already scared to death Hannah will poo on him while he's bathing her :rofl:

Makes me laugh. We talked about pregnancy all the way through and now here we are discussing poos!

:rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

I won't discuss my other son's stomach problems yesterday. :dohh:

I changed formulas last week and have had the same problem...i was told to give it a few weeks and things hould settle also the HV told me to get cooled boiled water and add a teaspoon of apple juice to it...apparently it helps...unfortunalty my LO hates water!! So have you changed back to your old formula or stayed on your new one?? x

I changed formulas last week and have had the same problem...i was told to give it a few weeks and things hould settle also the HV told me to get cooled boiled water and add a teaspoon of apple juice to it...apparently it helps...unfortunalty my LO hates water!! So have you changed back to your old formula or stayed on your new one?? x

Staying with the Nestle for now. Chase had a few more dirty diapers today and his elimination was yellow. Asked the doctor about it and he did confirm about the iron fortified formula. Will keep an eye on it. :)

better than during the day than in the middle of the night in my book :rofl:

better than during the day than in the middle of the night in my book :rofl:

Wellllllllll, I think he has done his deed two nights in a row, haven't noticed at the time cause I've been sleeping. But do notice when he wakes me up later.

Hannah woke me up at 4 a.m. this morning, I picked her up and knew her diaper was full, and she'd been squirming :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->