Pop-In question

Mary Jo

Mummy to Adam and Joel
Reaction score
OK, so finally my long-awaited Pop-In has shown up :D ( the most expensive nappy in my stash so it better be good)

A couple of questions for those who know:

1. How many pre-washes does it need?

2. Do I need to pre-wash the shell? or just the soakers?

3. I have the night-time booster - now, does it need the regular soaker in as well? Or do I take that out first? Where does the night thing popper into?

:D

1. How many pre-washes does it need?

I did about 3, not sure exactly how many it needs, but that was fine for me.

2. Do I need to pre-wash the shell? or just the soakers?

Just the soakers.

3. I have the night-time booster - now, does it need the regular soaker in as well? Or do I take that out first? Where does the night thing popper into?

For night time use it needs all the soakers, the booster wraps around the smaller soaker on the top. Make any sense? :lol:

Thanks, I was wondering about the night time booster too!

Thanks :) Sitll slightly confused about the night-time booster and the other soakers. So there's 2 normal soakers, a big one and a smaller one. The night-time booster has one popper on the outside. What does it attach on to? It really needs all three soakers? It's going to be pretty bulky...

(thought there'd be a instruction manual with it, since I bought it direct from Close Parent... oh well!)

We use all of them and the night time one is designed to wrap around the smaller one. It does make it pretty bulky, but it's only for night time (you wouldn't use the booster during the day) so I don't think it's that bad.

If you get the smaller insert, poppers down (as if it was popped into the nappy) then wrap the night time one around it so there are two layers underneath the small insert and one on top. So the insert is now inside the booster with the poppers sticking out of the end. The popper the small insert onto the bigger one that goes in the bottom of the nappy.

It's so hard to explain! Have a play with it and you will get the hang! We use all the boosters and now a mothercare smart nappy insert as well, they are all completely sodden in the morning but she is dry (use a fleece liner) and there are no leaks!

:)

Also, I bought mine direct from close parent too, and was totally confused when I got it! :)

Thanks - I'll have a play this afternoon. :) Kirsten, what does Freya wear in bed, over the Pop-In? Adam is pretty long in the torso anyway, and bursts out of clothes under the crotch first, obviously cloth adds to the length. Hmmm, think I'm going to have to get something that doesn't fasten under.

I get her really big sleepsuits - she is in 3-6 clothes, but has been in 6-9 sleepsuits since about 4 months, and they only just do up under the nappy! I have to roll the sleeves up and she has about 3 inches hanging off the end of her legs, lol. I like the idea of stuff that doesn't do up, but what do you do to keep their feet warm, socks? :shrug:

I just had a look at the close parent website as i've never heard of these nappies, and I'm on my quest to learn:wacko:. They look very similar to bumgenious, are they?

The Pop Ins have bamboo inserts that pop on to each other and an outer shell that you wouldn't have to change every time. They are fab for night time with the extra booster as they end up with loads of layers of fat bamboo.

Bumgenius are either pockets or AIOs, so not the same. And niether are made from bamboo.

I guess the outside looks similar as they are BTP so have size adjusting poppers and velcro. :)

I haven't seen the BG AIO yet but the similarity of the Pop-In to the BG V3 is purely on the outside appearance. The inside is totally different - the inserts are thick and fluffy and popper in and look like they'd easily manage 12 hours of wee, whereas the BG insert is microfibre not bamboo and will manage 4, 5 at a stretch. The BG is very trim fitting, the Pop-In is somewhat bulky - it's a lot more luxurious and I bet it's really comfy. Not to say the BG isn't comfy, the bit next to baby's skin is nice and soft but the microfibre insert isn't especially nice once it's had a few poos through it!

my pop in is pants atm, it was mint when i first got in but now she is inbetween rise poppers so its a bit baggy round her legs and i have to put a wrap over the top, i use a fleece wrap and she is absolutely fine but she leaks without one

come on leyleypants, grow a bit more for ur mammy!

x

Freya only wears hers at night and because of the huge amount of padding we fill it with we have always had to have the rise poppers fully undone! Doesn't leak though! I am always worried it will have a gap somewhere but it doesn't seem to! Lol.

Kirsten, we really should get someone to make you a 'Pop-In Guru' blinkie :rofl: xxxx

Lol! It wasn't even me who started the whole Pop In thing! I was just amazed to find a nappy that will take Freya's gallons of wee every night!! I guess it's all my fault for letting her drink so much milk overnight though... :blush:

Hahaha...I'm still worried about your poor pop ins and bgaioo's when your new imposter secret santa nappy arrives :rofl:

:rofl: One of them got a mark on today :shock: it is my mission for the weekend to get it sparkly and clean again!! Damn weaning poos coming every 2 hours, they keep catching me out :dohh:

Hmm, yeh... can't say I'm looking forward to the weaning poos to be honest! I think Olivia's pooing every 5 days when placed in the 'poo chair' are going to be a thing of the past :rofl:

:rofl: That is so funny! Freya was pooing at the same time every day but she never had a poo chair, lol!! She has also just started the fun game of scream as loud as you can every time she poos, I think she has some weird acidic teething thing going on....I hope! :dohh:

heh, Adam has a poo chair - it amuses me that the chosen place is actually his Winnie the Pooh bouncer, so literally a Pooh chair. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->