popping in 4 some advice please UPDATE waters broke UPDATE there hear

loulou10

Reaction score
Hi ladies hope u dont mind me popping in 4 some advice my cousin is 27 weeks 2mos & was getting some slight pains went 2 hospital shes been told that shes in early labour & gave her steroid injection & let her go home went back 2night 4 second steroid injection & was told she's still in early labour she's pregnant with twins & im so concerned 4 her what are the chances of Babys staying put 4 another few weeks ? There not planning on taking her in & has basically been told bed rest I just want all 2 b ok she's been through so much 2 jave these georgous Babys any advice would be appriciated x

Hey

Sorry cant give you any advice as my situation was different to your cousin's but didnt want to read and run.

Some of the other fabby ladies will be along shortly to help you I am sure.

Hope your cousins wee bubbas keep cooking a while longer. xxx

I don't have any advice. I went into labor on the 13th of November, and had my LO on the 16th, despite them trying to stop my labor. I hope her babies stay put. :hugs:

The only advice I can really suggest is make sure she stays in bed and keep hydrated.

She has had the steroids which a big help for lung development.

I hope they stay cooking for many more weeks.

My waters broke at 24 weeks and i had steroids immediately. I didn't go into labour until 33 weeks so about 7 weeks later. They said to me it was uncommon but not unheard of. Good luck for your cousin!

I was in a similar situation two weeks ago. I was 24w4d pregnant with twins and felt very light cramping, thought it was a false alarm but called the doc anyway for advice. He said to go to the hospital, they said I was in preterm labor, so they gave me the steroids and kept me from dilating for three days, as well as kept me tilted slightly upsidedown to combat gravity. Eventually the meds stopped working and my body basically pushed one of the placentas all the way through. They gave me a c section at midnight. I was hardly conscious from all the pain. The steroids worked though, both babies cried when they came out. That was the only moment I smiled during the c section. But um, boy came out 1lb 12oz, girl 1lb 9oz... they are doing much better than I expected and they are a few weeks behind your cousin. The babies stay in the NICU until around your due date, it's a tough road bc you watch them grow, struggle, get sick, get better, and i've experienced a few scares in just two weeks. But there wasn't really a choice, my body just decided it was labor time. Hopefully she can keep them in as long as possible, every day will make a difference. But if they decide to come out, she just needs to stay strong and keep on going. Mine came out at 24 weeks and are doing well for their age. Good luck to your cousin though! Hope it all turns out well.

My friends waters went with twins at 12 weeks. She went on to give birth at 27 weeks. It was only 1 of the twins who lost their waters apparently. Hopefully they will keep cooking.

Thanks ladies I've been giving her all your positive stories well since Saturday thete still cooking so thats a good thing they've brought the growth scan forward from end of march 2 end of feb now so the docs think there gonna come early she called me lasy night with pain I told her if it got any worse it stronger 2 call labour ward ASAP i never heard from her in the night so texted her this morning said she was not aching as much & feeling slightly better so hopefully there gonna stay put 4 little while longer ur all so brave & strong thanks 4 replying thinking of uour los x

The thing to bear in mind that every hour of every day makes a difference. At 27 weeks the statistics are pretty good and improve with every week after that. It is a worry, of course, but things may well not be as bleak as she fears. Suggest she organises a visit to her NeoNatal Intensive Care unit where she can speak to the staff and have a look around so if her babies do end up there, she will know what to expect. It can take away some of the scariness of the situation.

Also see if there is a local Bliss representative she can speak to. Again, sometimes just talking to people who have been through it can be a great help.

Yep the odds are pretty good at 27 weeks and only get better with time. If she can reach 31-32 weeks, she'll be set! Babies by then have few if any complications.

My own little guy was born at 27 weeks 0 days - with the weight of a 23 weeker. He was in NICU for 100+ days but beyond that he's doing GREAT, perfectly healthy so far *crosses fingers*

Another little update babies r still baking went 4 scan 2day & therr estimated weight is 2lbs for 1 & 2lbs 1oz 4 the other @ 28 weeks & there heads are both down now they've brought c section forward aswell by another few days so I'm just keeping fingers crossed she gets 2 37 weeks thanks again 4 all ur advice x

Oh Lou Lou what great weights, sounds like everythings going well!

Oh Lou Lou what great weights, sounds like everythings going well!

Yea brill weight got another growth scan tomos so fingers crossed shes 32 weeks now but if Babys r good weight will bring section 4ward again as shes very tiny person & don't think she could possibly get much bigger we r just hoping now that she gets 2 4th of may x

Just a quick update & more advice needed please its been seven weeks since I first posted my cousins waters went a few hours ago what would be procedure now u know with mine bcos wernt getting contractions I was sent home then would of had to go b started off if didnt happen naturally within 24 hours but i was overdue but I'm obviously worried as my cousin will be only 35 weeks tomos & has twins its still early she was getting mild contractions @ 27 weeks & us due c sec in 2 weeks so is it possible 2 keep em in til then or safer to get em out thanks & Sorry 4 all questions

They will prob give her another growth scan and decided from there, they won't leave her any longer than 24/48 hours tho sending you hugs xx

Thanks Hun she had growth scan 3 weeks ago one twin was 3 1/2 lb the other was 4lb so not to bad im worried sick for her these Babys have been 10 years in the making x

With me my waters went at 35+2 and they dident book me in for induction untill i was 37 weeks, even though she was more than a good size. I went into labour 2 days later but because my waters had been gone more than 48 hours LO had to have IV antibiotics.

If they try to make her wait i would get her to push for an induction today or tomorrow, the risk of infection goes right up for baby and mother once her waters have gone.

Babies arrived early this morning both doing well in incubators Sorry I really don't know much bout premiture birth so please do correct if I do het anything wrong one was over 4lb & one was 3 1/2lb mums ok said c sec was awful just glad they arrived safely x

Babies arrived early this morning both doing well in incubators Sorry I really don't know much bout premiture birth so please do correct if I do het anything wrong one was over 4lb & one was 3 1/2lb mums ok said c sec was awful just glad they arrived safely x

Congratulations to mum and babies. Those are some good healthy weights!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->