popular or unpopular . . . what's worse?

Both my girl's are in the top 20. I knew they were popular ish but ive never heard of another child called either of their names. There must be a town somewhere heaving with Poppy's and Freya's lol Also when we named Freya no one had ever heard it or even knew how to spell it :/

My neighbours kids are freya and poppy :)

I don't suppose they have a third girl? I'm stuck for names this time :haha:

The twins at DD's nursery are Freya and Poppy, they have a big sister called Jessica, I think their youngest sister is called Anabelle but that's just what DD tells me so it could be anything!

I prefer 'normal' names but ones that arent too overused.

When we picked Amelia we had never heard of any other. I'd only ever seen the name in books and films and thought it was lovely. If i'd have know within a few years it would be the number 1 girls name i prob would have used it for a middle name instead.

When we chose Alexander, we only knew of one other and he went to school with my OH. Alex is now one of FIVE in his nursery class and i wish i'd stuck to our original name (Dexter) and ignored what my family said! :(

Eliza's is the type of 'popularity' i like. When you hear it you may know of 'so and so's nan' or maybe 1 or 2 other children. Its not 'common' enough to hear every day but not 'strange' enough to be unheard of.

In answer to your poll though i would much prefer a 'popular' name that imo is a bit overused than a name thats so obscure that it sounds silly.

I tend to prefer names that are somewhere in the middle. Something that's been heard of/used but not something in the top 10 names of the year.

I don't want my child sharing the same name with 5 other classmates (when he's older), but I wasn't going to give him a name so out there it's a guarantee that he's going to be teased.

I prefer 'normal' names but ones that arent too overused.

When we picked Amelia we had never heard of any other. I'd only ever seen the name in books and films and thought it was lovely. If i'd have know within a few years it would be the number 1 girls name i prob would have used it for a middle name instead.

When we chose Alexander, we only knew of one other and he went to school with my OH. Alex is now one of FIVE in his nursery class and i wish i'd stuck to our original name (Dexter) and ignored what my family said! :(

Eliza's is the type of 'popularity' i like. When you hear it you may know of 'so and so's nan' or maybe 1 or 2 other children. Its not 'common' enough to hear every day but not 'strange' enough to be unheard of.

In answer to your poll though i would much prefer a 'popular' name that imo is a bit overused than a name thats so obscure that it sounds silly.

Love Eliza! Gorgeous name :)

Ruby is meant to be so popular yet EVERYONE comments how much they love it when I say it in shops etc. Happened twice yesterday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->