popular or unpopular . . . what's worse?

Mine is first name 280ish (by spelling) and her second is in the thousands, but that is an old fashioned name anyway ;) (Joan)

I always liked ophelia as a name.... Not allowed though. Hubby vetoed it :-(

Surprising results xx

https://names.darkgreener.com

Evelyns name is now 57th! It was 65 when we named it her back in 2011. So thats actually suprising now as rare as i thought! and Ivys 88, so she was one of the 633 babies in 2012.

Romans name has become way more popular. 605th to 133rd.
Amelies isnt surprising. Her name lots more popular now than it was when she was born now 53rd.
Meadow is 738th.

Congrats on baby Meadow blah! That's a lovely name :flow:

Charlie is mega popular, but it wasn't to do with that for me - my Dad was Charlie and my baby was going to be Charlie regardless (boy or girl) ☺

Romans name has become way more popular. 605th to 133rd.
Amelies isnt surprising. Her name lots more popular now than it was when she was born now 53rd.
Meadow is 738th.

I love all your babies names! So beautiful!

I love that my LO's name is uncommon- although, after naming her I knew of like 3 other people that loved it so much they took it! :haha: all from BNB though- not like they live anywhere close to me ;) I found it flattering...

I was actually shocked that my LO's pediatrician also see's another child with her name (he's a boy though) as her name is typcially for boys... or last names. haha. There are like 3 different shoe companies I've come across with her name it it too... I would never give my LO some crazy odd name like "apple" though just to be unique.

I would say somewhere in between. All 4 of my girls have 'unpopular' names, at least in this area anyway. Their names though aren't that unusual either. :)

I tend to like unpopular names, but not made up names. I like names with history and meaning.

Both my girl's are in the top 20. I knew they were popular ish but ive never heard of another child called either of their names. There must be a town somewhere heaving with Poppy's and Freya's lol Also when we named Freya no one had ever heard it or even knew how to spell it :/

I like names that aren't too common..but not far out there either. Just names that aren't used much I guess. My LO's name is Silas. I've never met a Silas personally..but I know there out there lol

Both my girl's are in the top 20. I knew they were popular ish but ive never heard of another child called either of their names. There must be a town somewhere heaving with Poppy's and Freya's lol Also when we named Freya no one had ever heard it or even knew how to spell it :/

My neighbours kids are freya and poppy :)

I don't suppose they have a third girl? I'm stuck for names this time :haha:

My lb is oscar which (according to the site posted) has gone from 128 to 17th

I like older names:
Jessica
Grace
Lucy

Henry
Kyle
Jack

Nothing new/common, i could never use the names kenzie or mia

Oh and i know of 2 emilys (whic is another lovely name) and their spelt

Emy-lei and

Emmerleigh

Just WHY

Oh dear. Mine is spelt Emilie but thats the continental version(French, German, Swedish.)

The youngest is Alice :)

The family I used to nanny for had family friends with 3 girls, Freya, Poppy and Caitlyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->