Pork loin steaks with roasted carrots and apple in sage butter

Redhorse xxx

Pregnant- 2nd Trimester
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my most favourite pork dish. Once you have cooked pork this way you will never again buy Applesauce to go on your pork :D Serves Four to six

Ingredients:

Eight thick cut boneless pork loin steaks
1 cup of plain flour seasoned with black pepper
1/2 a stick of butter
2 Fresh sprigs or 2 tbspns freeze dried sage
One bag of shop bought sweet eating apples
One small bag of fresh carrots

To accompany the pork:

Four large baking potatoes
Four large corn cobs

Wash and peel the carrots, chopping into long wedges.
Par boil them until soft in boiling salted water for ten minutes.Drain and put them in a large greased roasting tin in a single layer

Core and chop apples into chunky wedges and add them to the carrots in the roasting tin.

Next, wash the pork steaks and pat dry, dip the steaks into the seasoned flour and place into roasting tin on top of carrots and apples

Melt the butter in a pan over a gentle heat and add the sprigs of sage.

Pour the butter mixture over the pork, carrots and apples and cook on a high heat for ten minutes, then cover roasting tin with foil and turn the oven down to 150 degrees for two hours. Turn pork over half way through cooking.

Twenty mins before serving take the foil off the roasting tin, stir the pork and veg gently (baste the pork with juices) and turn the oven up to 180 degrees to crisp the fat on the pork. Add the corn cobs to a pan of boiling salted water and cook for last 20 minutes.

Take four good sized baking potatoes, wash and prick them. Microwave on high power for 15 minutes, when they are soft in the middle (test by skewering the middle with a knife) wrap them in foil and add them to the oven. Cook for the last 20 mins of cooking time with pork. Take care not to let the pork dry out at any stage or it will go like shoe leather!!!

When everything is cooked how you like it, serve it hot- pouring the sage butter over the pork, roasted apples, carrots, potatoes and corn.

This is my favorite way to cook and eat pork, I hope that you like it :D

Redhorse xxx

yummy another one I am going to try OH is gonna love all this cooking!! thanks !

I'm glad you like the sound of this recipe :D

My OH *loves* this dish- it's his favourite. You can also serve this with pickled red cabbage and herby roast potatoes too if you prefer. I love pickled red cabbage, but it is up to your tastes :D The roasted apples are devine!

Sounds odd, but tastes YUM!

Redhorse xxx

Have the stuff in to give this a go :thumpup:

Good luck wobbles, I love it. I hope you do too :D

Redhorse xxx

Think i might try this on Sunday as an alternative to sunday lunch, sounds lovely

Update*** Made it and my OH loved it!! He's abit of a picky eater and not too keen on pork so i was really surprised. Thanks for posting it, i now have something else that he will actually eat :happydance: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->