portion sizes?

T

tinytoes

i am so lost about how much i should feed LO. DO you feed until they are full? He seems to go on fo ever - i've not got to the point of being full yet, i always stop before then as it seems to be a lot fo a little baby but i'm not sure...

how many cubes do you feed if you've frozen homemade? Or how many g of jars (oh - and how old are your LOs)

we're on 3 meals a day and have been weaning for almost a month

I normally feed Colton until he is full. At around 4mo he was eating a whole stage 1 (2oz), at 6mo he went to a whole stage 2 (4oz), now he eats a stage 2 and wants more sometimes but I dont give him any more than one jar. Although, sometimes he gets stage 3's and he will eat all of that if it's something he likes (6oz).
Sorry, dont know any of the g amounts.

Stage 2 jars here are 190-200g, so nearly 7oz. Jack eats a whole one of these once a day, half of one with a yogurt once a day, a weetabix for breakfast & half a weetabix for supper. He has 3-4 bottles a day, depending on his mood, it is hard to get milk into him now, even though milk is ALWAYS offered before solids:dohh:

Stage 2 jars here are 190-200g, so nearly 7oz. Jack eats a whole one of these once a day, half of one with a yogurt once a day, a weetabix for breakfast & half a weetabix for supper. He has 3-4 bottles a day, depending on his mood, it is hard to get milk into him now, even though milk is ALWAYS offered before solids:dohh:

Oh wow.. your stage 2 jars are big! Ours are only about half that.. (4oz, like said). Our stage 3's aren't even quite that big.
I think there are alot of differences in teh baby food, like aren't your stage 2's with some chunks? The ones I gave/give Colton dont have ANY chunks, they are really runny even being Stage 2! :dohh:

Ally has 2-3 fl oz of veg or half a jar (the little ones) of fruit or probably 3-4 oz of porridge. He never seems full either but like you I'm hesitant to find out how much it takes to make him full!

Oh wow.. your stage 2 jars are big! Ours are only about half that.. (4oz, like said). Our stage 3's aren't even quite that big.
I think there are alot of differences in teh baby food, like aren't your stage 2's with some chunks? The ones I gave/give Colton dont have ANY chunks, they are really runny even being Stage 2! :dohh:

Yeah, our stage 2 jars have chunks of veg or pasta shapes in them, but still a lot of puree too. Stage 3 then is for 10mths plus, 250g and will be chunkier again.:)

Ruby is a pig as she has started demanding(well more like screamimg! lol) more than just the one jar for lunch. She had a whole jar of savory and then had a whole jar of pudding and still would of taken more if i had let her. Have moved her up to 7 mth jars today and she loved them lumpy bits and all lol.

I always fed them until they were full, I really can't remember what my older 2 ate at those ages, so I'm no help because my youngest ate 1-2 bites a week until like 9mo lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->