• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Positive ffn test, cramps, in hospital

barbikins

Mom to DD (RIP) & DS
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've done some searching on the web to figure out what other women's experience have been when they've gone into hospital with threatened labor or concerns, had the ffn test turn positive.
I see a few posts & some positive outcomes. Reaching out for more stories.

I was admitted Monday after showing up at Triage with a cluster of braxton hicks that was very uncomfortable. My belly was getting sore, lower back sore. I started drinking lots of water on my way to the hospital and it eased up....two doctors in Triage did internal exams on me & later on that evening I started to develop cramps and that night, my cramps were really bad. Still, no labor progressing, cervix still long, no changes.
Reason for admitting me was the Positive ffn test. I was to be observed for 48 hours & if there were no changes, I could go home.
These cramps having been taking their sweet time to dissipate. Fourth day later, they're much, much better. I have had very few incidents today. But I'm afraid if these cramps don't go away? Its mild cramps like what you get with your period and it doesn't last for long periods of time. I still have BH but its normal like I've been used to. No pain associated with them.

I desperately am hoping these cramps finally STOP and I get to go home & rest there instead of being stuck at the hospital. I guess I'm looking for some positive stories of any of you women in the same shoes where things worked out for them. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->