Positive FFN test

Its times like these I just LOVE this section :rofl:

I also heard that sperm can cause a false positive....

I had a positive ffn test at 32+5...and delivered at 33+1
the first doctor I saw wanted me to stay in hospital....
second doctor said that the test is only meaningful when it is negative....which then tells you that you will NOT go into labour in the next week
the second doctor actually said I could go back to work! lol

I hope you will be pregnant for many weeks yet! :hugs:

hekate, thats my worry

I could spend all day weighing up the answers from here and the other places I asked, but, the odds aren't all in my favour when I've already had a preemie for no reason before. So there's no reason why it can't happen again. Then again, I can hope the FFN test is a false positive.

I'm ok for now, i am looking forward to getting to 24 weeks first. I should get another test then and i wont be doin no deed :rofl:

yes at the end of the day it really does not matter what happened to others....you still don't know what will happen in your pregnancy....

fingers tightly crossed!:flower:

Coming in a little late but i had one with my 3 or was it my 4th? anyways, no it was my 5th.lol. I had the test done at 31 weeks and it was pos. I also had an int. scan for my cervix and it did show funneling but not too bad. 1wk and 6 days later i was happy that i did not go into labor but on exactly 2 wks, i did and i had her. The thing is if you get a scan that shows some funneling, i would ask to get a cervical check because i was dilated to 3cm and the scan did not show it. I did have neg tests before that pos. So i guess it was right for me. I did not care for the test, the fact that i had the scan for my cx and it showed no dilation and then i saw dilated made me not believe in the scans i also had another baby after that which the scans said funneling with no dilation but i was.

hekate, thats my worry

I could spend all day weighing up the answers from here and the other places I asked, but, the odds aren't all in my favour when I've already had a preemie for no reason before. So there's no reason why it can't happen again. Then again, I can hope the FFN test is a false positive.

I'm ok for now, i am looking forward to getting to 24 weeks first. I should get another test then and i wont be doin no deed :rofl:

Thing is Sandi, even with a negative test, it might still happen. And you can have all the tests in the world, it's not going to change the outcome is it? It would be different if they said, "if the test says theres a good chance, we can give you this pill and that will fix it" But as far as I can tell, it is simply to give you a bit of warning. And what good will that do really?

You'll be taking it easy, and being careful, given you've been through it already, and if the wee one decides to come early, you'll manage fine with that too. Worrying is pointless, what will be will be. And whenever it's born, we'll be there to give it a cuddle.

Thats true G, it will only tell me about a certain sign that could mean premature labour, but fek, I could end up with something else that could cause it too, totally unrelated! :shrug:

That, made me feel better :) theres a hug for u on sunday! :rofl:

At least it has got me another scan to check my cervix, so theres a plus. And if anything was to start, at least this time we'd have time for steriods. Thats the only two bonuses I can find :/ none of them stop the inevitable if it were to happen

just wanted to say: Yeah! you are over 24 weeks!:happydance:

Hey girls!

Today i had another FFn and it was negative! Yey!

Delighted to hear that and cant believe that's you 24 weeks - been following all the mum's to be with interest and was thrilled to see you reach this point - fingers crossed for another long 16 (or even 18) weeks!

Yay!! Thats great news:happydance:

I was wondering how you got on today, Lol the negative ffn goes to show sex is no good for us:winkwink: :rofl:

Yay!! Thats great news:happydance:

I was wondering how you got on today, Lol the negative ffn goes to show sex is no good for us:winkwink: :rofl:

Awww don't.... you know that thing, where you never want it, but when you can't, you do? :rofl: DH insisted on a ban and now we're gonna have to have a ban every two weeks :dohh: :rofl:

Lol you guys get a 2 week on 2 week off? :rofl:

I know EXACTLY what you mean, except were on a strict ban till she arrives:cry:

Nope, alternate weeks now lol !

Aww mummy you'll make up for it im sure haha!

I know its late, and you got a negative result which is great, but basically anything that goes into the vagina can cause false positive results. So sex, an internal digital exam, a speculum, a yest infection tablet inserter thingy... anything will cause that protein to be detected. So it very well could have been the sex.

If you had never had internals, no internal scans, no sex, no nothing up there, and you then had a positive, then that result is more indicative of a birth in the next 2 weeks.

With Devon I had a positive test result, but by that time I'd also had about 7 internal exams, an internal scan, 4 speculum exams... So they didn't take my positive result seriously. Of course I did have her 3 days after the test result came in.

But yeah, anything done to the vagina a weeks prior to the test can affect the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->