Positive Hypnobirthing stories

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Any of you got any positive experiences to share? :thumbup:

I love hypnobirthing!

I was planning a home birth but, due to having meconium in my waters when they broke, ended up being transferred to hospital for monitoring.

Despite this big change in plans, being immobile on a monitor, and ending up being augmented with a drip to speed things up, and the baby being back to back, I got to fully dilated without the need for any other pain relief. It was a very calm labour, my midwife was very impressed with how well the techniques allowed me to cope (I just hummed and breathed through contractions) and assumed I must naturally have a high pain threshold (I don't!). I ended up with an emergency section at that point, but walked calmly down to theatre, still humming and 'surge breathing' through contractions.

I would highly reccommend it.

I took classes and think you do have to put the time into practicing the techniques, whether you do classes or just read the book and get the CD. I'd also say your birth partner needs to be on board. Mine agreed to do it for me, thinking it would be airy fairy rubbish, but once he had read up on it (and how the science of the theory works) then he totally came on board and that made all the difference when we were in a difficult situation.

I've done a refresher course this time, and I'm looking forward to a second calm and pain free labour, hopefully at home and in water this time, but I have total confidence in it whatever the circumstances.

My home birth midwife rates it highly too, but says you need to put the time in.

I started my classes last week...
You tube a clip called "Oliver's hypnobirth".... It's beautiful! It what I'm aiming for :)

https://m.youtube.com/#/view_playlist?bmb=1&p=FL_gMyiedzExzmnIypbF-3tw

That should be the link to the hypnobirthing channel....

Hi

I had a home hypnobirth with my last baby in January. It was absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, the most amazing experience of my life. I'm still in awe now of just how magical it was and I swear it's down to the Natal Hypnotherapy I did during pregnancy and labour.

I didn't go to any classes (there weren't any that we could justify paying for) so I bought the cds and listened to the tracks myself. I would have 100 more babies just to go through labour and delivery again and put that down to the hypnotherapy and aromatherapy, as well as being at home.

You can read my birth story if you click my link below so I won't go into it all here as it turned out long lol.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Natal Hypnotherapy, they were 100% effective for me.

HTH :flower:

xx

Thanks for starting this thread! I'm looking forward to hearing other positive hypno-birthing stories. :thumbup:

I tried for a home birth with my first and was lent a hypno-birthing CD by a friend but I listened to it once and laughed so much I decided I couldn't take it seriously enough to try. My home birth was long and painful and I ended up in hospital with an emergency section due to fetal distress.

THIS time I have bought the natal hypno-therapy CD and have been reading up on the techniques and science behind it. I am definitely sticking with it this time, even if it takes me a while to be able to take it seriously! It just makes SO much sense!

Anyway, hopefully this time it will all be different and I'll be posting my birth story here in a couple of months time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->