Positive OPK 7 days into cycle

sailorangel59

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am using the Clear Blue OPK 20 test box, and I received a smiley face this morning (which means positive). But this is Day Seven of my cycle (seven days after my menses began). Can this happen? I am reading on different sites that it is possible if you have a short cycle, but my cycle has always been a tad unpredictable. It comes every month, but sometimes it comes within 30 days, these last two times it was just within a 24 day period (no pun intended).

Could this be a false positive? Or could I be someone who ovulates early, and I've been missing my window? I am going to try testing again tonight as was my plan originally (testing twice a day). But not sure. the last time I did a OPK 20 day test (first response) the entire month was negative, I started on the 6th day of my cycle.

Any insight would be helpful.

I have been doing a lot of reading and came across a bunch of women who say they had sex the day after their period and got pregnant, all with different cycles short and average. I think I ovulated early to (with similar cycle to u 24-30 days) because of the CM signs but I dont have the test strips.

I am not noticing any CM or temp differences. Just this positive test. Granted I have not seen a fluctuation in either during my entire cycle so that might just be me.

Update: I took my evening OPK test, and this one came up negative (this was 14 hours after I took the morning one). I wasn't fully surprised because (and please correct me if I am wrong) the LH surge is a very narrow window. I also exercise in the evening and consume a lot of water so it may be a bit watered down (no pun intended again).

With a 24 day cycle, it is totally possible to ovulate day 7. Are you using mid afternoon urine when you take the test? Clear blue advanced work best between the ours of 2 and 6pm. Take another test in the afternoon tomorrow to confirm o with bbt rise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->