positive opk, 8 days after ovulation? Pls help!! x

jaykay

Angel mummy to Alex
Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry but I really need some advice, I've been spending ages in the internet trying to find answers :flower:
I ovulated on day 8 of my cycle, I used opk, and had terrible pain, so I know I ovulated. I've been doing opk tests every day since, and for the last 2 days I've had a positive result, until then there had been 6 days negative. I'm now 8dpo, 2 days ago I had mild ache / cramps all evening. Yesterday and last night, my bb's were quite tender, and achey, and it was uncomfortable to lie on my front last night. Today they are tender again but not as much.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm too scared to believe I could be pg, as I've had too many disappoinments :nope:

Thank you very much to anyone who reads this :hugs::hugs:

Is the test line darker than the control? If so it could very well be that your pregnant, many women get + on opk's before a hpt! x

yh lh and hcg are the same so LH tests pick up HCG but hcg dont pick up LH, id do a preg test asap! if ur not preg maybe u didnt have full lh surge maybe it was almost positive and u read it wrong maybe second line wasnt as dark! hope ur pregnant hun x id do a test!! let us no xx

Hi,

Thank you for your advice. I'm really too scared to test, I'm afraid of it being negative again. But, my boobs are still achy, but not all the time, they seem to be worse at night. They feel like AF is about to visit, but she's not due until 29th! I've also had horrible back ache today. I will let you know if I do decide to test. Thanks again xx

Hi Jaykay...

I also tested positive for OPK 8dpo and 9dpo (today) but my HPT today was BFN :( I am trying to wait at LEAST 2 more days, or longer if I can...If you are continuing to use OPK test if theline is staying the same or getting darker, then mayb more HCG is producing, but not strong enough for HPT to pickup on it...Keeping my fx's for you and for me!! BABY DUST TO US BOTH!! Hope we get our BFP's this month!

I am in the same boat as you guys! I got my OPKs in the mail today and got this. I am also trying not to get excited since this is my first cycle TTC and I dont want to set myself up for a disapointment! :dust: and :bfp: to us all!

Attachments

• 100917-160501.jpg
    100917-160501.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 52
Hi,

Update for you, I tested this morning and got a:bfn: :nope:, but I'm wondering if I've tested too early? I also used a cheap tesco test which I've heard isn't very sensitive.
I'm sooo confused because my boobies hurt like hell, and have done for past 10 days have NEVER experienced anything like this before. I also keep having hot flushes, my appetite and digestive system seems not to be working properly, and I'm getting heartburn, which again I've never had before. My period isn't actually due until 29th next wednesday, I'll see what happens and test again. I haven't had anymore positive OPK, but ran out last week.

Why has it all got to be so confusing!!:wacko:

:hugs: and :dust: xx

Hi,

Update for you, I tested this morning and got a:bfn: :nope:, but I'm wondering if I've tested too early? I also used a cheap tesco test which I've heard isn't very sensitive.
I'm sooo confused because my boobies hurt like hell, and have done for past 10 days have NEVER experienced anything like this before. I also keep having hot flushes, my appetite and digestive system seems not to be working properly, and I'm getting heartburn, which again I've never had before. My period isn't actually due until 29th next wednesday, I'll see what happens and test again. I haven't had anymore positive OPK, but ran out last week.

Why has it all got to be so confusing!!:wacko:

:hugs: and :dust: xx

Hi hun,

Fingers x'd you may be pregnant but may be still too early to show. How many DPO are you?
I got +ve OPK's before I found out I was pregnant - try and resist the urge to test until nearer the time AF is due (easy for me to say I know!)

Try not to be too stressed over it, it might be good news next week :hugs:

Hi NewToAllThis,

I think I'm about 18 or 19 dpo. I'd completely accept the BFN if it wasn't for the way I feel. I've had to stop wearing a bra today as it is too uncomfortable.. they have been hurting in varying degrees for nearly 2 weeks now, and I've experienced other definante symptoms. I don't generally symptom spot, we've been ttc for over 2 years, and my body has never made me feel like this before.
I'm going to wait for another week or so and see what happens, then I will know if I've missed a period. I'll convince myself it will be a BFN, to try not to be too disappointed and then concentrate on next month!

Oh, it's all so hard isn't it !! x

JayKay,
Don't want to get your hopes up but it does sound like you could be pg!
My symptoms were exactly like yours, having never been pregnant before, I didn't know what was wrong with me. It was only when I googled positive opk's after ovulation that a site told me about them picking up hcg. Only reason I didnt expect to be pg was that i'd had normal AF 2weeks before. Did conception indicator test and it showed 3+ weeks preg. I nearly passed out!
Maybe get one of those for later in the week if AF doesn't show.
Keep me updated and fx'd for you x

Well AF arrived 2 days ago, not sure whats been going on this month :nope:
Maybe I somehow subconciously generated symtoms because it's something I want so much.

Anyway, have had a good old :cry::cry::cry:, and am now ready to do battle again this month!!!

However, I don't think I'll trust any symtoms again, and will probably only believe I'm actually pg when I'm holding the :baby:!!

Thanks for the support :flower::hugs:

really guys can someone tell me how to really use the opk test if i want to get pg? do i just test untill i see a surge or i get the happy face then have sex for like three nights then wait and see ?

QUOTE=prettyangel2b;7124827]really guys can someone tell me how to really use the opk test if i want to get pg? do i just test untill i see a surge or i get the happy face then have sex for like three nights then wait and see ?[/QUOTE]

Hi prettyangel2b,

Yes, thats about it. I've bought enough opk's to last a month. Last month I ov'd much earlier than I thought I would (about day 8) so I don't want to risk missing it. The opk's suggest a day to start testing, but I know loads of women who don't ov around 14 days, and are either earlier or later.
I'm going to start testing as soon as AF disappears.
Good luck :hugs: x

I am ttc I ovulated 7 days ago and I took hpt yesterday 01-27 and bfn I took opk and positive 01-28 I have 7dpo symtomps sore boob, frequent urination, cramping pain under abdomen like some pulling feeling! I don’t check temp I don’t have reg schedule so some days I get thrown off and forget! Please help me figure this out! Is there a chance I could still be pregnant???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->