Positive OPK and HCG levels at 106 after m/c????

Amberg1

Mother of 2 boys
Reaction score
I had my bloods taken at hospital yesterday (monday) and they were at 106 after I miscarried 28th Jan. I have had ovulation pains for last 2 days, headaches and pains in tops of my legs, whcih from what I've been reading can happen at implantation. I did opk yesterday with faint positive and then strong positive opk today.
I have read that opk's can pick up HCG levels but the fact that the opk is stronger today and my HCG levels should be going down today I don't know if I'm being a bit too optimistic.
Anyone else experienced this??

A level over 5 is "pregnant" so I wouldn't put too much stock into OPK's or HPT's at this point as they will be picking up the HCG anyway.

I know when I had my m/c I went once a week to check my levels and stopped only when they were down.

:hug:

I have to agree - I was told that while I have HCG in my system I would not O. It stuck around for over 6 weeks for me. Actually I go tomorrow morning to have blood work done again to see if HCG went down below 5 - I'm assuming it has now, since I have been temping and using OKPs and finally got a positive.

OKPs can pick up HCG, so that could be the reason for your +. Are you temping? That can really help you understand your body more. I have found temping to be extremely helpful in TTC.

I wouldn't trust your opks if you haven't gone back to zero yet. I just made this mistake recently. I got a full-on positive opk after many days of negative, and even got a faint :bfp: 10 days later. Then I started spotting again, so I got my bloods done. Turns out I still wasn't done miscarrying. :( I'm not sure how I got an actual LH surge when my hcg levels were still above 25, but it was probably just thrown off by the hcg. Sooooo frustrating.

First of all so sorry for your loss. It took 6 weeks for my hcg to fall below 5 folllowing the mmc. OPKs respond to hcg the same as they do for lh so if there if a high amount of hcg it will come back positive. Hcg can rise then fall again I had this happen too. If some of the placenta tissue is still inside you it can continue making hcg. When your body realises its not a baby in there it will make you miscarry all over again. This is why it took so long for my levels to drop. It wasnot until after anther bleed at 6 weeks post mmc that my levels dropped. Sorry to rant. take care and heres is hoping that you are pregnant again x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->