Positive OPK test 7 days after ovulation. Pregnant?

Elise12345

Reaction score
(I wasn't sure where to ask this on this site so I'm asking it here as well)

I've attached a picture of the cheapie OPK. That was around 10 minutes after testing, a line showed up pretty much instantly and just kept getting darker. If you can see, it's definitely darker than the test line.

Okay so me and my boyfriend have been "not trying/not preventing" I guess. And I've worked out that I ovulate on day 16 usually. (By temping, OPKS and checking cervical mucus). This month, I didn't do anything to track my cycle, and on day 15 and 16, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex twice, but he pulled out both times. The first time was at night and the second time was early the next morning.

So now I'm 7DPO. (If I definitely ovulated on day 16 like I usually do). And for some reason I decided to test using an OPK and it is showing as a definite positive. I then looked online and read this...

"A standard ovulation test (OPK) is unable to distinguish between LH and hCG in your urine. Therefore, if you have enough of either of the two hormones (LH or hCG) in your urine at the time you test using an OPK, you will get a positive result on the OPK."

So is this true? It it possible I'm pregnant? Please answer. Any opinions/advice is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 4
I can't personally vouch that it works that way, but from what I read it's possible. But 7 dpo is Usually a little early for a pregnancy test. I would wait a couple days and take a frer with fmu.

An opk will detect hcg as well as lh but if that positive is down to pregnancy you will also have a good line on a pregnancy test. I can't work out how to post pics on phone but we got a positive with a good line on frer and the opk with same urine was not quite positive so unless you also get a positive preg test don't trust it. Good luck.

Yes to above, if it is dark on an opk, it will be even darker on a hcg test.

After ovulation your body will continue to get lh surges through the cycle, this is why you stop testing after the first positive test.

If you do more research you will find a woman gets a lh surge right before her cycle also believe me i tested before all month got a great positive thought i had to be preggo but nope af came on right on time a test designed for pregnancy will always pick it up 1st

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->