Positive ovulation tests 4dpo and 5dpo!?

Layla_b1

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am close to throwing my box of ovulation tests (and my fertility monitor and my thermometer!) out the window at this point! Please could someone shed some light on this? I've been off the pill four months and have had two cycles since (46 and 42 days). This time around I was determined to chart properly and figure out exactly what was going on. So on the 23rd I got a blazing positive on the opks throughout the day (internet cheapies) then on the 24th and 25th got my two peaks on my CBFM. My temps seemed to confirm the big O too. But then I got a little patch of fertile mucus so thought I'd use an opk again to check. Sure enough, it was positive again on the 28th! The afternoon and evening I was back to negative but the following morning (29th) it was blazing positive again then back to negative later that day.

What is going on? My poor hubbie is knackered and it's been a bit of a nightmare fitting in BDing sessions while staying with the in-laws!! :)

Any ideas would be grateful appreciated because I'm tearing my hair out and getting so upset trying to figure out what my body is doing!

Was your last period normal or was it light? Your hormones are probably still all over the place. It took me over a year to start ovulating again. Might be worth doing a hpt though just to check.

Thanks for the reply. My last period was 3rd December and was pretty light but I went for fertility tests with my hubbie on the 15th and they gave me an internal scan, so I wasn't pregnant at that point for sure! Will give it another week or so and maybe work up the courage to test then...

Hi Layla
I'm quite new to opk's but I do think you have to test around the same time each day and that morning isn't the best time to test
It's also possible that you released two eggs which i think can happen.
I think I would go with you ovulating on the 24/25.
Good luck, I ovulated on the 26th so I'm in the tww with you.

Thanks cameragirly! The TWW feels so long doesn't it! Have had a couple of friends announce pregnancies over Christmas also, which is so wonderful for them but of course makes me hope even more that this is our cycle! :) How are you holding up?

I'm slowly going crazy! Were having a mini party on Sunday and I'm in the drinking limbo, don't want to just in case but don't want to jinx myself by not! Also don't want the questions if anyone's notices. Me over thinking things?? Hehe! Tww urgh xx

I've not been drinking all Christmas so think people are beginning to suspect im already PG! (I wish!) Trying not to symptom spot but can't stop myself, it's driving me crazy! You must be the same??

I'm exactly the same. The other day I told my best friend who is totally with me on the craziness (she has 2 children and really wants this to happen for me) I said I had very low funny feeling prickerling cramp, she thinks it's a good sign and said that's what she had. Just trying not to get my hopes up or crazy symptom spot but it's damn hard!
What have you been feeling?
Throwing a handful of baby dust your way :)

Hello Layla, if your temps go up and stay up then you have ovulated. Is this your first month ttc and charting? I don't use opk because I used them for 2 months. I got peaks for many days. I called the number on the box and they said after the first peak stop testing. I gave up on them and just temp right now.

Good luck

Hello Layla, if your temps go up and stay up then you have ovulated. Is this your first month ttc and charting? I don't use opk because I used them for 2 months. I got peaks for many days. I called the number on the box and they said after the first peak stop testing. I gave up on them and just temp right now.

Good luck

It's my first month charting temps but have been using opks for three months now. I trusted them before, but now I'm not sure what to think, especially since all the posts I read seem to say that temping is the gold standard to actually confirm ovulation as opposed to just catching the surge!

I'm exactly the same. The other day I told my best friend who is totally with me on the craziness (she has 2 children and really wants this to happen for me) I said I had very low funny feeling prickerling cramp, she thinks it's a good sign and said that's what she had. Just trying not to get my hopes up or crazy symptom spot but it's damn hard!
What have you been feeling?
Throwing a handful of baby dust your way :)

Yeh my best intentions every month go out the window in the TWW, and I end up poring through forums and driving myself crazy! I am sooo gassy the last two days and have been nauseous at dinner too, but that could just be the result of Christmas over-indulgence!! :blush: I'm only 9dpo tomorrow (if the FF chart is correct!) which is still too early to test, but then my hubbie is away until Thursday next week, and we want to test together, so will have to wait!!

I'm planning on testing on weds or Thursday. It's so tempting with a huge stash of cheapies from amazon. But I'm trying to hold out.
I've had sore breasts and nipples but not too unusual for me, but then I usually get that around period time not this early. I swear my body likes to play tricks on me!
I'm getting married this year -early May, so keep telling myself if it doesn't happen before at least we have the wedding to look forward to. Not helping though haha.

I'm due Wednesday so trying to hold out til then too, if I don't see any sign of AF. I've had luteal phases of 10 and 11 days my last two cycles though, so I'm not too hopeful. I had a BBT drop below my coverline this morning so am hoping so much that it's an implantation dip, but deep down I have a feeling AF will come tomorrow. So gutted, had myself convinced this cycle would be it!

It's great you have your wedding coming up, that must take some of the focus off TTC stress and give you something to plan for and look forward to! How are you holding up? X

That's me out. AF came today, making only a 10 day luteal phase. Absolutely gutted. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you cameragirly!!

Hi Layla, oh no sorry you are out, hug. I was feeling hopeful for you, next cycle, I'm sure I'll be there with you.
I tested far too early this week and upset myself which is really stupid. We had my oh work friends round fir lunch today and alot of them aren't drinking for dry January so I said I wasn't drinking and one girl made a ooh and bump gesture, luckily I just laughed it off! I think they would assume we wouldn't be trying with the wedding coming up.
I'm now trying to hold out testing until weds if I don't see af, it's so tempting though but I hate that bfn!

Oh i know what you mean, it's such a heart-sinky feeling seeing that empty white box where a line should be!

It's probably handier for you for other people to assume you're not TTC...I find that since I've been more open about it, it comes up in conversation more and I feel more under pressure, my poor mum is waiting so eagerly for a grandchild!!

I've had nothing since spotting earlier today so I'm not sure what's happening. Trying not to let myself get too excited about it being an implantation bled as the witch will probably come full force tomorrow!!

Ooh Im crossing my fingers and toes that the witch stays away from you.
just mainly my boobs being sore, crazy horrible nightmares and going a bit black and dizzy when I stand up too quickly. I think my body is playing tricks on me though!

I get alot of my oh friends group asking me if I want babies, there's so many in the group and we are all going away in march for a week in a cottage, 6 couples 5 babies! insanity on our part probably!

All good symptoms, I really hope you get good news!!

Haha that is gona be a mad (but fun!) trip. I always love hanging out with my friends who have kids, I guess I live through them a bit! And they love it cos I mind the kids and give them a break! :)

It's the weirdest thing, my temp has gone back up (fell to 36.2 and 36.4 the last two days but this morning it's 36.6), and no more bleeding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->