Positive pregnancies!

littlejune

Reaction score
Laying lazily on my couch with a fever yesterday, I thought about how I would have to return to work today- how I didn't want to run back and forth to the bathroom to pee or puke. How I am so tired I can't even find joy in a career I usually love. How, my face is breaking out and my boobs hurt and if I don't have a headache- well I have a stuffy nose. POOR ME.

Then it hit me, pregnancy isn't a sickness. It isn't an affliction. It's NOT as miserable as my attitude. Granted, hormones are real- and I don't think I've ever almost cried over being out of milk before now- but I'm really not miserable. I'm growing a life. I'm a mommy now.

I think it's very easy to consult Dr. Google over every ache, pain or spider vein *like that rhyme there :winkwink:?* and it's easy to be extra lazy- especially because I have a fever and a cold which- come on, that's not fair to have with morning sickness! I think it's easy to write off my nasty mood or laziness or un washed hair because I feel less than great.

But I'm not going to. I think most all of us have experienced true pain and true misery. I had a crohn's flare last year that left me wasting away by 25 lbs, losing my hair and having seizures. That's misery. I've had my heart broken before I met my husband- that's also pretty miserable. Pregnancy is not. Pregnancy is fun, and exciting, and incredible.

I'm not saying the symptoms aren't real- I'm not saying the mood swings won't leave me feeling like a raging lunatic because someone glanced at me wrong- but I am saying I think we should start a thread that focuses on the positives.

My fever broke, and I get to go to work at a job where my co-workers are thrilled for me and my student's want to snuggle me even more now. I have a bigger chest * a perk for petite me, anyway* and my hair- though washed a lot less than normal now- seems thick and healthy. Mostly- I am growing a little 8 week old baby! Wow!

Your turn! Positives?

Great thoughts! And you put it so nicely :)

I think to myself, I am pregnant and despite the symptoms I am lucky to be pregnant. Many people I know are unable to get pregnant despite years of trying. It wasn't easy for me either, but now I am pregnant again and feeling so blessed and lucky.

Great post.

I loved being pregnant in the past, so much to be thankful for although it is undoubtedly hard at times.

I'm a weirdo who also really enjoys labour and I'm so excited to go through it again.

I really love this idea!

I'm feeling so crappy already. I have a cold with horrible congestion. I'm dizzy and nauseous. I'm an emotional wreck. My son was acting up all day yesterday and I cried for most of the day. My nipples hurt so bad. I'm so exhausted.

Despite all this, I'm excited to give my son a sibling. I can't wait to have a bump and feel another baby kick me in the ribs. I can't wait to see him/her on an ultrasound. I can't wait to find out the sex and pick out a name. I can't wait to buy more tiny newborn clothes and fix up another nursery. I can't wait for labor, weird I know. I can't wait to have a non medicated birth and have a newborn. I can't wait to breastfeed again and snuggle and bond.

I complained throughout my entire pregnancy last time. My birth plan didn't go the way I planned, breastfeeding didn't last long. I'm so lucky to get pregnant so easily and to not have to deal with any losses. I know so much more than I did then and can use that knowledge for the better.

Hugs to everyone :hugs:

Lovely sentiment and I couldn't agree with you more.

I am 34 and was really nervous that my age would work against me. I got the best surprise ever last week when I got my BFP!! We were not trying...we were going to hold off until we got back from our delayed honeymoon later this month. Despite the surprise and not being able to drink on our holiday, I am totally over the moon. I appreciate that I am in the very early stages and I have a long way to go but so far the sick feeling in my stomach when I am hungry, my breasts that feel like they have been put in a vice and my constant tiredness is a happy reminder that I have a life growing in my belly!

I hope I can keep these thoughts as I progress through my pregnancy!!

Happy and healthy pregnancy to you! I hope your Crohn's stays away for you x

I feel terrible and I worry like mad but my 10 week old baby it's doing well and that's what matters. I'm so so lucky I got pregnant first try, I've not even been sick. I'm going to bring my parents and in laws there first grandchild, making Dh a daddy, I'm going to be a mummy, that's SUCH a privilege.

I'm almost 12 weeks (tomorrow) and after a mmc last year, I am so grateful for this healthy little gummi bear growing inside of me. Even if it was a bit unexpected...and even if I analyze every little symptom and feeling that I have to see "if its normal". I'm giving my mom her 3rd grandchild (the other 2 are 14 and 12) and making my boyfriend a daddy. I cannot wait for this next stage in my life.

*ok, hormones...I'm almost crying writing this :haha:

What a fab idea! There is always someone out there worse off than yourself.

I'm trying to keep in mind that although my symptoms aren't pleasant at all, they are signs that everything in there is just fine. I have my 12 week scan appointment scheduled so we are so so excited (and a bit nervous) about that. We are also giving our parents their very first grandchild. And we tried so hard for that BFP for 8 months, we are so blessed to get there. I honestly do not know how people manage to try long term. The TTC journey is such a roller coaster, and I'm thrilled to be onto the next stage! x

So glad so many of you want to join in! And congrats to you all- how lucky are we to be growing little humans in us?! Awesome! Love the positivity.

Also- I get to drink allllll the ginger ale all day long no questions asked. Pretty rad. I also get unlimited bathroom breaks at work and I can call dibs on the last browny in the teachers lounge. Score!

Oh I thought of another one. I am overweight and I feel like I have been on a constant struggle for the last 20 years counting calories and analyzing everything I eat. While I know I need to watch the weight gain and eat healthy, I LOVE not having to measure every bite, count points or calories and worry that I blew it because I had a handful of M&Ms one day.

Omgosh wonders it's great- I want to eat healthily for sure but I also will have chocolate if I want chocolate!

What a wonderful thread :)

Okay, so yes, I'm feeling so tired, crying at EVERYTHING, and have constant morning sickness- which while it's happening, makes me feel miserable.

Yet I am so, so happy. We have wanted this for years, and we finally have our healthy, growing baby.
I cannot wait until Tuesday when we get to see our little jellybean and see how much they've grown! They will look like a real baby!! I am feeling so excited, and just so much love for my child already. I cannot wait to get a big bump, feel them move, kick, get hiccups... And then, to be able to hold them, smell them, protect them. It's so overwhelming.

For the first time ever I can enjoy tight trousers and having a belly without going to the gym!

Great thoughts! And you put it so nicely :)

I think to myself, I am pregnant and despite the symptoms I am lucky to be pregnant. Many people I know are unable to get pregnant despite years of trying. It wasn't easy for me either, but now I am pregnant again and feeling so blessed and lucky.

So true- I have known many couples who tried unsuccessfully for years, and my husband and I managed to fall pregnant the cycle we decided to stop trying *of course, right?* what a blessing we have been given!

Great post.

I loved being pregnant in the past, so much to be thankful for although it is undoubtedly hard at times.

I'm a weirdo who also really enjoys labour and I'm so excited to go through it again.

Natasha, I really like that you've said this! This is my first pregnancy and ov course labour- though still over 6 months away, scares me! Thanks for the hope.

Britt- I am so glad you get to give your lo a sibling, what a special place to be!

Babydust- congrats on your honeymoon and your BFP! I often jokingly say "When I don't feel good baby feels great" silly, but kinda true.

Loobs- I can't imagine lttc, and the emotional toll it must take. So glad you got your bfp and have a positive attitude!

Littlelala- FX for your appointment- keep us posted on how it goes!

Spicy orange- I am so with ya! Rockin my stretchy pants already at only 8 wks.

Yay, maternity pants! I can't wait to pull them all out. So comfy. And eating whatever I want without feeling guilty hahahaha

I'm super happy because we were TTC for 20 months and about to have our appointment for a referral to the IVF team in a different county and bam, BFP!

So although certain things are difficult, it's an amazing time.

x

I'm just coming up to 7 weeks and I have never felt so scared in my life but also so thankful this is my second pregnancy as the first one ended unfortunately with a miscarriage , I didn't find out till I was 9 weeks gone with the last pregnancy and I think finding out earlier this time has made me appreciate all the emotions and all the symptoms more, crying because you've put your slippers on the wrong feet or screaming because you've dropped your toast I just end up rubbing my stomach after and laughing and say 'you little bugger, you're going to be just like your mom when your here!' So we may throw up our body weight, cry for England, stomp around like your a giant at the top of a beanstalk. But think about it in 9 months time your going to have a little bundle of joy in your arms and all that bitching and moaning about the smallest symptoms will all be worth it in the end, yeah it doesn't make them any better but I just laugh and think this one is going to be just like me when it's here always causing trouble!!!! 😍😘😊 xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->