Positive Test Last Week, Negative This Week & HCG Level of 14???

chelslee03

Reaction score
Hey ladies! I am SO confused! Maybe some of you can provide some insight. I received a positive test last week (Wednesday) with NUMEROUS tests, and I had some sort of gut feeling that something would go wrong (we've been trying so long, I couldn't believe it!), and this week negative tests :( The same test that gave me a positive on Wednesday gave me a negative on Sunday!

I went to the OBGYN yesterday to have bloodwork done and they said my HCG came back positive but that it's low at a 14. Has anyone experienced this, or know anyone who has?

I only spotted/bled brown last week a day BEFORE (and very light a few days following) my positive pregnancy test. It was mostly brown with very little dark red.

Please help! I need some advice. Did I experience a chemical pregnancy and it's going out of my system? Is there a possibility I might still be pregnant??

I'm sorry to hear! My doctor doesn't classify any HCG reading under 25 a pregnancy, but there have been miraculous circumstances. Are you going for another test anytime soon, to see if the #'s are doubling?

I had a pregnancy that failed to implant and my numbers weren't much better than yours, I think I was 19dpo at 40 and it was already on the way down less than 24 hours later. I don't mean to cause you pain...

Mysterious things have been known to happen. I wish you all the best, and know you're in my thoughts. Be hopeful, if not for this one but for the future. :hugs:

I'm sorry to hear! My doctor doesn't classify any HCG reading under 25 a pregnancy, but there have been miraculous circumstances. Are you going for another test anytime soon, to see if the #'s are doubling?

I had a pregnancy that failed to implant and my numbers weren't much better than yours, I think I was 19dpo at 40 and it was already on the way down less than 24 hours later. I don't mean to cause you pain...

Mysterious things have been known to happen. I wish you all the best, and know you're in my thoughts. Be hopeful, if not for this one but for the future. :hugs:

Thank you for your response! I go in tomorrow to get more bloodwork done, but won't know those results until Thursday. I am more than likely thinking it's going out of my system (or like you said, just never implanted). It stinks! :sad1: I am so sad because of this, but I had a feeling that it wouldn't last.

My husband keeps telling me that this is a good thing that this happened, because it means that I am able to get pregnant! So trying to stay positive and hopeful.

That's exactly what my husband said, that it was a good sign and that it meant I could conceive. I know what it means to want a baby so badly and when you think you finally succeeded, the heartbreak of thinking you've lost it. Give yourself time to grieve and take extra care of yourself.

Perhaps your body is like mine, it needed a tester before allowing the next pregnancy to fully develop? Good luck at your next appointment!

To be honest, it sounds like a chemical to me. :hugs: HPTs really can't detect HCG under 10, and if you had positive tests last week then you should have a number well over 14 by now. I've had it happen to me twice, before my DD and then right before my current pregnancy. The first time I got pregnant again three cycles later, and this time I didn't even get a period in between. I know I'v heard other women who had a lot of trouble getting pregnant, and then got pregnant again right away after having a chemical/early miscarriage. I hope you have a little one in your arms soon and I hope the test results can give you some answers one way or another!

That's exactly what my husband said, that it was a good sign and that it meant I could conceive. I know what it means to want a baby so badly and when you think you finally succeeded, the heartbreak of thinking you've lost it. Give yourself time to grieve and take extra care of yourself.

Perhaps your body is like mine, it needed a tester before allowing the next pregnancy to fully develop? Good luck at your next appointment!

I'm so glad to hear that you're pregnancy is going good so far! Maybe that's just what it needed (hopefully!). It definitely is heartbreaking, and I took it pretty hard these past few days. But it's getting better. I'm going to wait until my results on Thursday, but I am sure it's chemical. Maybe they can give me advice on where to go from here. Thank you again for your advice and input. I REALLY appreciate it.

To be honest, it sounds like a chemical to me. :hugs: HPTs really can't detect HCG under 10, and if you had positive tests last week then you should have a number well over 14 by now. I've had it happen to me twice, before my DD and then right before my current pregnancy. The first time I got pregnant again three cycles later, and this time I didn't even get a period in between. I know I'v heard other women who had a lot of trouble getting pregnant, and then got pregnant again right away after having a chemical/early miscarriage. I hope you have a little one in your arms soon and I hope the test results can give you some answers one way or another!

That's good to know about HPT's - I had no idea. And that's exactly what I was thinking. It definitely would be super positive now, not negative. It's definitely going away, and not staying :(. I'm glad to know you've been through something similar, as well as other women. I hear that chemical pregnancies are pretty common, and that the women who have these go on to have normal pregnancies with no problems.

Thank you for your input and your experience. It really helps to be on these boards and have ladies like you give some great insight.

I'm hoping this isn't the case but that has happened to me twice. My two chemicals (meaning very early miscarriage). I tested a little before or day of period and got several positives. I tested 2-3 times a day and they got lighter until they hit negative... normally 4/5 days. And then I would wake up bleeding (miscarrying). It's absolutely devastating. I will be thinking about you :hugs:

Sorry to hear your are going through this :hugs: to me it does sound like a chemical.
I had one in August, never even knew I was pregnant actually jut had what I thought was a late period,then 8 days later I had severe pains and lots of brown spotting,got checked out and I got a BFP too! Massive shock. So I was told to expect the worse, so we did...over the next 6 days I had my bloods done, 91,41,negative.
I was so upset and so angry with my body,I just kept thinking to myself I should be pregnant right now and I'm not! Then my thoughts would always be " how long will it take this time now" I had a massive fear it would take twice aslong as my daughter took 7 months after my MC at 12weeks. Well just 5 weeks later I recieved another BFP at home,I feel pregnant this time,my lines got darker :)

So many woman concieve straight away after a chemical with no AF inbetween like myself, but it's also a personal choice if u want to try straight away.

All the best,you will have that beautiful BFP before you know it and a healthy bun cooking inside, remember take time to grieve and rest xx

Wow, I'm surprised I even got this much response out of this post. I LOVE this board, you ladies are so helpful and encouraging! I am so happy that I posted this on here, it really has made me feel so much better about everything going on :)

Thank you ladies so, so, so much.

We definitely want to keep trying, so I am just going to keep a positive mind, keep my head up and move forward! :) For now, I'll do all the things I can still do without any kiddos :)

I got my sticky bean type month after a chemical. We'd been trying for 9mths.

Good luck!

I got my sticky bean type month after a chemical. We'd been trying for 9mths.

Good luck!

That's so good to know! I know everyone's different, but it seems like a lot of people have great ending's to their chemical pregnancies. Thank you for letting me know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->