Positive test turned negative!?

GlitterBall92

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me! I'm not sure if this is the area to be posting this or not but I hope someone can help me anyway.

Me and OH have been TTC for just a month now. I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant so even though I have to wait another 10 days to do a test, I did one a few hours ago just to see what it would say. It came up as two very pale pink lines meaning positive, but about 20 seconds later the second line started to get darker, eventually the first pink line faded and just one line showed up. What does this mean? I've done pregnancy tests before and this has never happened, just one red line, never two pink then one fades away. Has anyone else had something similar? Or can anyone please help me with what it means? I have to wait ten days until the day of my missed period so is it maybe just a little bit too early? I'm so confused! :dohh:

First, 10 days before your missed period is wayyy to early to test accurately, so don't get discouraged by your negative test today. And yes a "ghost line" or disappearing positive is a negative test. I actually had the same thing happen on my test this morning, but if you watch closely you can actually watch the "pink line" kind of stale mate where your test line could be, before moving up the test strip to the control line, it is common and one reason why we should keep ourselves from looking at our tests before AND after the time limit. Good Luck!!!

Do you know what dpo you are? Or what cycle day you are on?

Ive never had this happen to me before, but i would do a test again with FMU if i were you, before you have anything at all to drink :) GL x

Are you sure you didn't mistake the dye moving across the test as a positive? It's best to pee, walk away, and come back at the time limit. Good luck.

This happened to me today. I took it with ic and looked at it two minutes later it was stock white then two minutes later still within 5-6 minute time a pink line appeared then faded into the control line so there is the control line and a pink line almost side by side the control line. this is a case of a very bad evap line.

I has 2 tests do that on 6dpo and 7dpo and I was def pregnant and come 12dpo blazing BFP!!

I had that happen to me - they were positive for a few minutes and then faded to negative within the 10 minute time limit. I was (am) pregnant and I think it was just because of the weak hormones. I used clear blue.

It's normal, my clearblue showed up within less than a minute and then i snapped a photo and left it in the toilet.
After 8 hours or so when I returned home from work, it showed BFN.
I admit it did freak me out abit but then i tested strong BFP this morning and i had a string of BFPs before this too.
I guess i'm just going nuts and trying to use up all of my test kits for now each morning.

I had this happen yesterday sometimes as the dye is moving across the antibody strip it can seem like a bfp is trying to show up but then once the dye is all the way across it is negative .I believe its to be considered negative because a true BFP should not disappear( well with the exception of the digital which is just the battery dying). https://www.peeonastick.com/issues.html

Thanks for all replies :thumbup:

I'm doing a test on valentines day as thats the day i'll be due on, fingers crossed I get my BFP! xx

Go to teh doctor. He will definetely be able to tell you whether you are preagnant.

why waste money and time going to a doctor who is going to laugh either in your face or behind your back because you do not have an obvious bfp? Doctors and nurses do not have time to waste it on people who cant use a HPT. Thats the worst advice I have ever heard and in my practice we will not order a blood test until there is a obvious positive on an HPT.

Glitterball good luck!!!

why waste money and time going to a doctor who is going to laugh either in your face or behind your back because you do not have an obvious bfp? Doctors and nurses do not have time to waste it on people who cant use a HPT. Thats the worst advice I have ever heard and in my practice we will not order a blood test until there is a obvious positive on an HPT.

Glitterball good luck!!!

That is weird. I got a not so obvious test line at home so I called my doc's office to schedule a blood test. I just showed up there and the nurse drew the blood without doing a urine test first.
Maybe different offices have difference practices.

This is my first post on here.. ive been ttc for bout 18months or so, found out i had endo+ cyst at the start of the yr, ive had a lap and had all removed, since then doc put me on clomid 50mg. This is my first round on it and ive been trying to be all cool coz i know you get very similar symtoms, however im late and my nipples are sensitive to touch, i have ridiculous amouts of saliva, peeing alot and finding it hard to hold my pee if im busting, tired but not overally tired, cramps, bloating, little moody, but mainly happy and im always hungry ( im just on the cusp of ideal BMI/ Underweight BMI )
SO ive taken a clear blue this morning first thing, it was positive and i started doing my happy dance in the bathroom about to wake my hubby up, then it turns negative.
I really hope i am pregnant, i feel pregnant but i dont at the same time. im really confused and just wanna know already. has this happened to many and turned out you were pregnant? im 2 days late.

This is my first post on here.. ive been ttc for bout 18months or so, found out i had endo+ cyst at the start of the yr, ive had a lap and had all removed, since then doc put me on clomid 50mg. This is my first round on it and ive been trying to be all cool coz i know you get very similar symtoms, however im late and my nipples are sensitive to touch, i have ridiculous amouts of saliva, peeing alot and finding it hard to hold my pee if im busting, tired but not overally tired, cramps, bloating, little moody, but mainly happy and im always hungry ( im just on the cusp of ideal BMI/ Underweight BMI )
SO ive taken a clear blue this morning first thing, it was positive and i started doing my happy dance in the bathroom about to wake my hubby up, then it turns negative.
I really hope i am pregnant, i feel pregnant but i dont at the same time. im really confused and just wanna know already. has this happened to many and turned out you were pregnant? im 2 days late.

Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me! I'm not sure if this is the area to be posting this or not but I hope someone can help me anyway.

Me and OH have been TTC for just a month now. I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant so even though I have to wait another 10 days to do a test, I did one a few hours ago just to see what it would say. It came up as two very pale pink lines meaning positive, but about 20 seconds later the second line started to get darker, eventually the first pink line faded and just one line showed up. What does this mean? I've done pregnancy tests before and this has never happened, just one red line, never two pink then one fades away. Has anyone else had something similar? Or can anyone please help me with what it means? I have to wait ten days until the day of my missed period so is it maybe just a little bit too early? I'm so confused! :dohh:

to early for anything to be detected or even test..

sounds like a dye run to me...

'good luck in a week or so though

Glitterball good luck!!!

That is weird. I got a not so obvious test line at home so I called my doc's office to schedule a blood test. I just showed up there and the nurse drew the blood without doing a urine test first.
Maybe different offices have difference practices.

yea but not nearly two full weeks before your period is due ya know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->