Possible Blighted Ovum, help with dates, needing hope and wisdom.

Voliveira

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I am struggling because this is my first time being pregnant and it has not gone like I expected at all. Right now it is looking like I will be "celebrating" my birthday on Tuesday grieving what I thought would be my first child.

I first got two strong positive hpt on April 19th, and my LMP was 3/14-3/20. I have an average cycle length of 29 days, but with a history of longer cycle lengths up to 33 days.

After receiving the positive hpt I waited two weeks and visited the NP midwife, who dated me around 6 weeks. This was on 5/1/20. On "informal" ultrasound, she noted that there were no structures inside the gestational sac. She measured the sac at 1cm. She took my HCG numbers that day which were 13,000. Two days later my numbers were up to 18000.

At this point the NP was concerned I may have an ectopic pregnancy. I was sent for an ultrasound at an imaging facility, where I was told there was no implantation outside the uterus. At this point I decided to find an OBGYN to get a second opinion to see what's going on.

OBGYN ultrasounds me TV and is able to confirm there is no ectopic pregnancy, but she is still concerned because there is no yolk sac or fetal pole. Dr. did not measure the gestational sac at this visit. She sent me for an additional HCG test, where I was called the following Monday and told by the nurse "my levels were rising as they should". This was left on a voicemail for me so I didn't ask specifics on the number. I wish I would have.

I went back in for recheck ultrasound on Friday 5/15, and there is still no yolk or fetal pole. I also didn't think to ask for measurement of the sac. HCG was drawn to see if my numbers are rising. The doctor will then diagnose me with a Blighted Ovum at that time if my numbers are falling.

I don't understand gestational aging, it's confusing to me. I also can't get anyone to tell me "how far along I am", since there hasn't been any measuring. I feel like my dates are off according to the projected ovulation timing (3/28-4/3) from my period tracker app. My conception date would have been closer to these dates also.

Has anyone had experience with your pregnancy being a possible Blighted Ovum? I had no idea how common this issue was. My assumption was it was my first time, things will go well.

Is it possible I am much earlier on? What kind of math do you think is happening here? Also any encouragement or just general wisdom on the subject of being diagnosed with a Blighted Ovum is helpful, please.

Sorry for the LONGGGG post.

Thank you

Sorry I cant help regarding numbers because they dont normoly do HCG levles here.
Did u say ure lmp was 14th march?
How many weeks were you when u had the last scan?
Anything under 6 weeks ure not going to see much at all.
I really hope everything turns out ok.
I've had Misscariges but dont know what my numbers or levels were. My first baby I lost at almost 11 weeks. I only did 2 tests when I was late for period and they were strong postives.
I dont know what tests are like with a blighted ovum. Maybe u ovulated later than what u think u did esp as ure cycles are sometimes 33 days.
So maybe it's still to early to see much on a scan.
I'm so sorry I cant offer much advice
But I'm thinking of you and I really hope this turns out to be a healthy pregnancy[-o<

If you got a positive test on the 19th April the absolute earliest you could be now is 7 weeks. It doesn't look good that there isn't a yolk sac at this point. I went through similar earlier this year except mine had a yolk and the sac was growing but a fetal pole never grew. It's absolutely devastating and I'm so sorry you're going through this. The wait to confirm either way is truly agonising and exhausting.

I've had a few BO. It went exactly the same as yours. I'm sorry this was nothing to be expected your first pregnancy. Hugs to you

Thank you ladies. I am trying to stay strong, either way. I appreciate your support.

There is no guarantee that any pregnancy, first or million will be normal or fine.

After this experience, please go find a good doctor who gives a hoot about you. None of these sound like they do.

For how far along you are, you start with your last period and count weeks from there. Ovulation date doesn't matter in a typical pregnancy. Example: aunt flow was March 1, its April 1 today. You would be 4 weeks.

Hcg can rise and there's still a problem. Your body has not caught on yet that there is a problem.

Am i right in calculating last period was 14 march endung 20 march?

This would put you at 9 weeks.
Unfortunately not to have a yolk sac then fetal pole then heartbeat by 9 weeks is not conclusive with a viable pregnancy.

What worries me is nobody you have seen has voiced these concerns. I would advise you to have a scan and follow up bloods and get a plan to movr forward correctly.

It has happened for me 3 times so im very familiar with this unfortunately xx

So sorry your going through this, I'm going through similar and have a scan tomorrow to determine viability.

For your dates I'd put you at 7-8 weeks due to the length of your cycle, I also have a longer cycle so it can most definitely through your dates out somewhat. I don't usually ovulate until around CD18-20 which can put your dates out almost a week compared to someone with a typical 28 day cycle.

I have no advice I'm sorry. Just wanted to encourage you to stay strong and tell you I'm sorry this is happening [-o<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->