Possible Ectopic BFP Getting Darker - HELP!

angelbabyz

Reaction score
Hi,

I hope I'm posting in the right place! I'm new at this!

Long story short, I've had one early miscarriage and one ectopic (both this year). I'm 4 weeks 2 days pregnant again and having pain. My HCG came back at 49 from a blood test I had on Monday at about 11:00 am and I was 4 weeks exactly as my period was due that day. My dr thinks this number is a little low and is worried I'm having another ectopic because of the pain in my left ovary area and low number. I'm having my HCG retested again tomorrow morning (72 hours later).

Anyhow, I'm TOTALLY obsessed with peeing on a stick. I'm trying to figure out how my tests have gone from practically invisible (my husband couldn't see the lines, I could) to darker than the control in only 4 days if my HCG is low and isn't doubling.

The top tests are from 9 DPO with afternoon urine. It's so light, it's hard to see (but I could see it!!!) The morning tests were negative. The bottom test is from last night (13 DPO). The line is as dark, if not darker than the control line.

Is this a good sign?

I was doing OPKs and could feel when I ovulated so I am confident about my DPO. I also started peeing on sticks only a few days past ovulation with IC's. :blush:

I'm just wondering if anyone can chime in about the darkness of the tests compared to the HCG test coming back low.

Does anyone have an early HCG number compared to how dark your line was?

I'm driving myself C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!!!!! :wacko: :haha:

P.S. With my previous ectopic, it took a while to get really dark lines. With my early miscarriage, I never got a dark line.

https://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff381/angelbabyz1/darkBFP13DPO.jpg

https://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff381/angelbabyz1/bfp9dpo.jpg

I Really dont know but didnt want to read and run.... Maybies you are having a ectopic pregnancy again (ive never had 1 of those, so i couldnt possibly say yes you are or no your not).

Mebies your having Multiples, therefore could explain the strong lines as your HCG would be high (i suppose this would either be confirmed or not with your next Beta testing)... Using OPK's alone isnt always a good indication of when you ovulated.

Goodluck hunnie x

hun your tests and HCG level at 49 on day of AF are excellent numbers! Honestly do not worry :D

also my line was that dark on 27DPO! I miscarried blighted ovum but your line looks lovely

Chiapso,

REALLY?!?!?! My nurse scared me because she said it was low and then everything I google, other "normal" women have much higher HCG.

With my ectopic, the lines didn't increase like this but I didn't have my HCG tested until about 5 or 6 weeks either. These lines seem SO dark for only 4 days after getting a nearly invisible line a few days prior. It was SO light my husband didn't see it.

I'm SO scared and SO nervous to have my HCG done tomorrow. I hope it increases properly and my nurse was wrong! Honestly, it seems it has to start low at some point, right?!

I don't think I would be as worried if I didn't have this nagging pain on my left side (ovary area). I've read that it could be a cyst but my nurse said if I haven't had them before, then it's probably not.

Thanks for your reply!

hi hun, i have had two ectopics, and your hcg level seems really good! with both my ectopics i had bleeding at the same time as the positive test, i spent alot of time over at the ectopic pregnancy trust, where they have trained mods who will be able to answer your questions. Try and relax, remeber the symptoms: pain on passing urine and going for a no 2, watery brown discharge like prune juice, feeling dizzy or bleeding! you have 90% chance it the baby will be in the right place, your tests look brilliant! i have had two pregnancies after my ectopics and two before fingers crossed for you x x x x

I'm sorry you're going through this. ((HUGS))

From my understanding, hCG tends to rise slowly in ectopic pregnancies, sometimes rising and falling and rising again, so the fact that you're getting dark lines so early would be a good sign to me!

Also, a corpus luteum cyst can cause one-sided pain in early pregnancy, as well.

I'm not suggesting that you aren't having an ectopic, but I wanted to offer you some plausible alternatives and I'm glad your dr. is being diligent with your care.

Good luck to you!!!

Thanks ladies! Maybe I'll post in the ectopic part of this site as well.

I just don't want to get my hopes up, but it seems if the FRER is getting really dark, that is a good sign.

I LOVE hearing other people's insight! For some reason, it's calming to the nerves :) :)

I'm hoping the pain is from a cyst or something totally unrelated to an ectopic pregnancy!

This week is going by SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW!!!!

Hunnie dont about the HCG numbers its the doubling that you need to know/worry about x

All the best for you hun!! I have my fingers crossed for you. I have no idea what my hcg levels are bur I know my FRER's aren't nearly as dark as that!! (yes, I'm still peeing on the occasional stick!!) x

The normal range for hcg on the day you had your blood done is 25-100, so you were within the range. Try not to worry yourself unless you have a reason to, like after your next appointment. Good luck!

Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate knowing that my beta might be within the normal range. I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter and never thought twice when I tested positive with her! Funny how these losses change your perspective on pregnancy and can change what should be a happy moment into a frightening time.

I guess I'll know in a day or two. Until then, I'll just keeping using my IC's to calm my nerves! HAHA! I just got 50 more in the mail today. Isn't that awful!? HA HA!

Im afraid i dont have any advice but didnt want to read and run, GL and my fingers are crossed for you. Keep us all updated we are all rooting for you. xx

I've had 3 ectopics and my hcg levels weren't even that high at 21 dpo. My last ectopic was 33 at around 21 dpo. The only tests I've had get that dark were with my sons. I think 49 is good for 4 weeks. Mine was 51 at 13 dpo with my last son. I also had left sided pain with him, which really freaked me out since that was the side my ectopics were on. I think it was a cyst but don't know for sure. I hope you get a nice high number when you have your next test. Your tests look great!! :dust:

Your HCG levels seem normal for when you had your blood's drawn at. And, your tests look wonderful. I know someone who had an eptopic and her blood work came out at 18 at 23 DPO. Now that is low. There is a thing called a courpus cyst that produces the HCG til about 12 weeks when placenta fourms of pregnancy than it disappers. This can cause the pain in ovary for awhile. Good luck we have you in prayers.

your numbers seem good.. mine where around 30 something when i had my first positive test.. I think it was 36 but not completely sure (I was having mine checked due to a miscarriage and got pregnant 3 weeks later hence having HCG checked on day of positive) My beautiful baby is now almost 5 weeks old :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->