• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Possible labour? 35w +4days

Mrs_Random

Reaction score
Hi,

My first was born at exactly 35 weeks and I have half expected this one to be early.

I have started with back ache and period pains on & off for 4-5 days now but yesterday they got worse and last night I had some very light pail pink blood. When I say light I mean less than the beginning of my period, really tiny amounts but I'm still freaking a little.

Do you think it's worth calling the maternity unit or waiting a bit longer at home to see if anything else happens?

My main concern is I needed a steroid injection last time to try & help my sons lungs and I'm thinking maybe it would be better that I had this ASAP this time if baby really is going to arrive soon.

Ring the unit - they can do those swabs to see if you're leaking fluid or looking likely to start labour... least then you can get the steroid jab if you need it.

Ring the unit to see what they want you to do but they may not give you the steroid injection, In my hospital they dont give it past 34 weeks.

Thanks.
I called the unit and they took me in. Spent all day there yesterday being monitored and nothing progressed.
They said I could stay last night but I opted to come home and sleep in my own bed.

Only issue I have now is if I stay still either sitting/laying everything goes quiet but as soon as I start moving around again I start getting tightnings.

I can't decide if I should just stick myself in a chair for a few days or go for a long walk and get this party started!

I'm still spotting but mat unit said it wasn't enough to get worried so just making sure it doesn't get any heavier!

I would stick to a chair (or a bed!) for a little while longer. It's tempting to get the party started, but the longer baby stays in, the better! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->