Possible MC Rational

PurpleMama

Reaction score
Well with my HCG barely escalating and my symptoms having disappeared I am pretty sure I am MCing. With that said, I feel so guilty being calm. For the last few days i have been very depressed but today I have been very rational. I will have the situation assessed and figured out on Monday at my scan but until then I am trying to be prepared for bad news.

Have any of you MCed before? When you did, did you know it was happening even when everyone else was trying to stay positive?

Like my BP has gone back to normal (it was a little higher in pregnancy), my eating disorder is making a comeback, my symptoms are all gone (except sore boobs), I don't feel any pressure in my belly anymore...I just don't feel pregnant anymore.

Emotions will go up and down. With my second miscarriage my symptoms went away two days before my 8 week scan. At my scan we only found a sac and yolk. The first few days I was a mess. After I got my second HCG back and my numbers were going down I calmed down. Once I knew what was going on I could look at it more rationally and decide how to proceed. However, for the next few months I had good days and bad.

I'm sorry things are not going well with your pregnancy. Are you getting another scan soon to see how the pregnancy is progressing? I agree that the hcg not rising quickly and the loss of symptoms is worrying sign but sometimes stranger things have happened and these little beanies beat the odds. A scan is more telling.

But, I have lost 4 babies so there is something about a woman's intuition when things are going wrong. I'm married to the eternal optimist so I understand the frustration in knowing things aren't going well but everyone around you refuses to accept that and keeps on saying "you're worrying too much". DH tries to be empathetic but my other family members are more dismissive. When I had a scan showing one of my angels had a heart beat everyone was like "now you can stop worrying" but it had a heart beat under 100 so I knew what was going to happen. I didn't bother arguing with them but I knew.

Once again, I'm really sorry you're going through this. I sincerely hope you're simply having a pregnancy that isn't following the textbook.

Oh gosh I'm sorry Hun.
I miscarried at 5 weeks 4 days in feb. My symptoms seemed to lessen two days before ( hCG was still rising though ) but I woke up with bleeding and brown spotting that turned into full flow the next day and all we seen on the scan was a deformed sac. And hCG had started to drop from the day before. Everyone was trying to be hopeful for me but I just knew it was over, I knew it in my heart.
Im hoping its different for you though and that everything is ok :hugs:

So sorry to hear that PurpleMama. Hope everything would be fine.

That feeling of knowing that you're going to MC whilst everyone around you telling you that you'll be fine, is no fun at all. I had an MC last year, even my DH told me to be positive when I knew for sure it was an MC since I bled (not heavy) everyday for 7 days.

Don't feel guilty for being calm. I felt extremely calm with mine as well until it had happened for sure. I knew there was nothing I could do about it so I just waited. There was a time when I was told there was a chance the baby could be okay and I just ovulated late, but I knew for a fact that I didn't and everyone else wanted to be optimistic but I knew it was over and just needed to mourn. Like someone else said, you may feel calm now, but in a few days of weeks you may be a mess. There are a lot of ups and downs and it doesn't get better right away. But little by little your heart will start to heal. I am so sorry you are going through this. :hugs: And I do hope that your baby is okay and that your intuition is wrong this time.

I was oddly calm about it. At first, I was sure that things would turn around and be ok, but about 2 days later, I knew it was over.

I was afraid to take the pills, but I felt I had to. I really had no indication that anything was wrong physically (no spotting, still had pg symptoms) and I couldn't wait weeks for it to possibly pass naturally. So I worked up my nerve and took them. After it was mostly over, I finally had a good cry and let it all out. It still hits me from time to time - not going to lie...it's hard!

I hope and wish the best for you, but if the worst happens, you will get through it. It isn't your fault. And when you are ready to cry, you will. You will deal with it when you are ready.

with one of my sons i have a low hcg of 6 and it didnt double ever 2 days it doubled every 4 and like a snail i was told over and over that it was not going to amount to anything and expect the worst...well two weeks later my son proved them wrong there he was with heartbeat and all....i would get blood drawn and a scan to make sure this is truley what is happening expecially if ur eating disorder is rearing its ugly head,,if you do by chance have a healthy pregnancy and your symtoms are just going away which can happen...

you would want to talk to your doc about that..

ill keep you in my prayers hun..im also like the other lady....an optimistic...

im ttc three yrs now and still believe, IT WILL HAPPEN :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->