• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Possible positive with cheapie HPT!.. follow up with FRER?

sunlover72

Reaction score
Hi

My DH tested this evening at 11dpo and got what we THINK is an incredibly faint positive, but its there.. :happydance:

She used a bargain basement cheapie... which says it is 25mu sensitivity

Now, my immediate thought is to confirm with an FRER, since they are supposed to be the most sensitive? But ive just looked on peeonastick and its quoting 25mu for FRER??. Apparently the new style is less sensitive.

So, im just trying to find out really what experiences you ladies have had with frer? on the face of it they seem no better than cheapies and it wouldnt be worth using one with the same urine to confirm??

Thanks

First of all - CONGRATS!!

As far as i know 25ml is just about as sensitive as these tests get. Even hospitals use the little sticks so that should tell you :)
If you tested right away you could use the same urine but i think you are better off doing another test tomorrow and then use a freer if you want. I know last time i did 2 strips and then a big bhuna one, just for the heck of it! :)

Apparently hcg (the preggo hormone) has a half life of 24 hrs so i guess you could re-use it tonight (putting it in the fridge also slows down the breakdown). But personally i would wait to get an even stronger BFP tomorrow.

Great news!! :)

hehe thanks, but its just got more complicated... we cracked.. and tried the frer which is negative so now we are questioning wether the first faint line is just being imagined ..

guess its FMU tommorow with a frer, its fustrating and exciting at the same time!

Well, that was my only reservation seeing as its early days.. Try again tomorrow. Im sure it will be better then :)

Btw, if there is a line of correct colour (i.e. not different than control line) you are deffo preggo no matter how faint! No doubt about it. You cannot detect the human growth hormone unless you are preggo (or the mrs has been doing some really, really strange shiz, lol)

Im starting to doubt meself now...i saw something on the IC altho its a bit of a squint lol..shudnt it at least come up on a FRER if indeed there was summit on the IC?

God this is stressful lol

Not necessarily, you have to take into account you're playing with quite low levels of hcg so it s bit like throwing something at the wall and seeing what sticks. the first hpt did, lol!

Why don't you post a pic of it?

I honestly think it wont show up on a pic and not sure i can anyway cos cant load it onto pc. Guess just have to wait till morning

Thanks hun xxxx

hey hun

I think that cheapie from days ago was a bit of a dud. Been getting BFN's on all tests since, mainly superdrug ones. Started spotting today so think AF is on its way. I also think im 13dpo instead of 15dpo cos i think FF has pinpointed it two days earlier than shud have done.
Onwards to next cycle by looks of it :-( One cycle left before spending money on clomid lol...was kinda hoping we might not have needed to.

Hope ur well anyway OMi?

Im good, my ticker is a bit out as ov 2 days later than normal so definitely no hope of testing anytime soon - plus don't have that much hope seeing as feeling just the same as previous cycles...hm. Must battle on i guess :)

Bummed about the dud test though :growmad: Its really not fair! Onwards and upwards chick, we'll get there in the end! :hugs:

ur not out until the AF rears its annoying head...will keep me fingers crossed for u hun xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->