Possible Pregnancy Symptoms

Purpular

Reaction score
I'm not writing this for me, it's for a friend. She might be pregnant and if she is, she'll be about half way through. Her bbs are swollen and her tummy's really bloated and puffy. All her hair's gone very soft as well and she's findinding it hard to be separated from her loved ones. The problem is that, like us ladies, she was WTT and this is because she's letting her body recover from a previous pregnancy. What shall we do?

The problem is she can't do a hpt because she's my dog! I sent my stud dog on holiday as soon as she showed signs of her season but something's up. I hope she's not having a phantom! This morning before I got up she's dug a nest in the sofa and now there's foam everywhere:rofl:

hahaha, your post made me laugh! I thought you were talking about a human for a while! :rofl: I'd have killed my pet(s) if they dug into the sofa!

As far as puppies...not sure what to do! Good luck, though.

Well my nam breeds dogs and this sounds bout right for a pregnant bitch. I would suggest taking her to the vets. Dogs only tend to carry for 6weeks so I would definately say get her checked out if you have any feeling what so ever she may be preggo!! What breed is she?
I love puppies, so if she is you haveeee to post a piccy for us all!!!

Good luck to you both! Xxxxx

Unfortunately it's not that straightforward!

When dogs have phantom pregnancies they have EXACTLY the same symptoms as when they are pregnant, right down to 'giving birth' then adopting a toy or similar as their babies. They can even produce milk for the toy!

It's not her possible being pregnant that bothers me either as she is my brood bitch. I just wanted her to have 18 months between litters 1 and 2 instead of 12 months. We were careful to keep them separated though so unless they've been very clever we should be okay!

thats is so funny and cute lol i honestly thought you were talking about a human lol
i spose you will never know until she goes to the vets

To be honest I'm not going to take her to the vets. It's too late for a palpation and too early for X rays so we're just going to wait it out. She's on a good quality foor and if she reaches the point where she needs more of it then I'll know for definite by then (you will be able to see them wriggling when she lays on her side).

Awr, Is that your Doggie in the pic? SHes gorgeous!!!

yeah, it always looks so alien like to me when you see their tummy move slightly... If you've kept them apart then fingers crossed it will be ok. My nan also tends to wait 18months between litters as well.

I didnt realise dogs could get phantom pregnancies! Thats pretty random, especially that they produce milk for something thats not there! Rather cute actually! I hope you've got plently of toys to hand! hehe

best of luck hun

xxxxxx

aww...erm... goodluck with your dog! x

My dog used to have a phantom pregnancy after every season- she produced milk each time too. We weren't planning on breeding from her tho (much as i would have loved to!!) so we had her "done".

Keep us updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->