Possible problem with the baby

mom2be

Pregnant-1st baby-a boy!
Reaction score
I also posted this in the 1st trimester section, but thought maybe you ladies might have some insight. We just went for our first ultrasound today and saw our baby--very exciting. The tech and Dr. wouldn't tell me anything but then I got a call a few hours after I got back to work and they want me to come back for a repeat ultrasound next week. They were concerned b/c the baby had a full bladder throughout the entire scan and had not emptied it (it took a good 45 minutes with all the measurements they took) which they felt was abnormal. Has anybody else experienced this? Of course I've been googling all the possible problems this could mean...

I'm sorry, I've not heard of this being an issue. Best to you and yours.

i know at my scan she had to wait a bit for Lucas to fill his blader to make sure every thing was working they may just be making sure the kidness are working right and bubs wasnt just holding there wee

Sorry Ive not heard of this before x

Ive not heard of this before either but hope all is well and keep us updated!

Sorry i've never heard of this before.

Sorry i havnt either, hope everything is ok when you next go though x

sorry havent heard of this but hope all is ok, keep us up to date x

I've never heard of that one hun, but wishing you all the best - let us know how you go xx

I wish I could help but I had no idea they even checked for this! I just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world. :hugs::hugs:

They certainly didn't check this at our 12 week scan - they just measured length and we were in and out in 5 mins - sorry hun.

Wishing you all the best. x

I haven't heard of this either and wasn't aware it was something that was checked, I hope it all turns out ok for you :hugs:

I'm another who hasn't heard of this. I'd imagine though that if they thought it was a serious issue then they'd get you in sooner rather than waiting a week. Fingers crossed all is well.

Rule #1: DON'T GOOGLE! I know its hard not to, but it only causes worry.

I went in at 18 weeks and the doctor said he saw some extra fluid around the baby's heart. I freaked out because of all the "research" I was doing. When I went back in a week, everything was fine. Dr. said that the baby must've just gotten my cold and that was his way of dealing with it.

I'm sure everything will be fine.

Rule #1: DON'T GOOGLE! I know its hard not to, but it only causes worry.

I went in at 18 weeks and the doctor said he saw some extra fluid around the baby's heart. I freaked out because of all the "research" I was doing. When I went back in a week, everything was fine. Dr. said that the baby must've just gotten my cold and that was his way of dealing with it.

I'm sure everything will be fine.
So true...google can be evil. You can find 1001 conditions you never heard of or thought about, many of which are terribly rare. I haven't heard of this either, but they didn't even mention anything about this at a 12 week scan. I am sure you're worried but I agree that they would have you come right away if they were extremely concerned so try to stay calm! Let us know what happens!

I agree with everyone else... stop the googling it will only stress you out... and stay optimistic.... :hugs: keep us posted... at my 12 wk scan they didn't measure this and at my 20 week scan they said it was good that there was fluid in the belly... :hugs:

is it possible that his bladder being full was not a problem but they just need to catch him at an empty time to do measurments? best luck.

I have never heard of this, but I hope everything is ok!

OMG, thanks for all the responses! This was my 12 week Nuchal Translucency scan--it did seem to take forever for all the measurements (45 minutes). My worrying is getting less since the initial news that something MIGHT be wrong--will have to see on Tuesday what happens. I think they are being conservative and careful--but it's sad that we couldn't be completely happy after seeing our baby after a long 12 weeks. I miscarried in Nov. and so we were happy, but also always preparing for the worse.

In terms of Googling--unfortunately, I'm still obsessed with doing it--My husband says that I should stop trying to get an on-line medical license :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->