Possible start of labour, dont know what to do with myself!!

baileybubs

Reaction score
I had a sweep this morning and MW said that it looks like it will happen any minute!

I went shopping and could barely walk around the supermarket and have been having contractions every 15 or so mins but now they seem to be more irregular. Sonow I dont know what to do with myself, I am trying to stay active but my back is killing, and I dont know if it really is the start or just a result of the sweep. I dont want to be too active and then knackered but also dont want it to stop if it really is labour!!

Any advice?

Stay active hun, go for a walk if you can to begin with, even a slow gentle walk, gravity helps ha, fx this is it for you, keep us posted xx

If it really is labour it won't stop when you sit down, so if your back is hurting and you can sit (I couldn't in two of my labours) then I'd rest up a little and preserve some energy in case you're in for the long haul :)

Good luck :)

Thanks ladies, I have been active since my appt 4 hours ago so i guess if it is the real thing it shouldnt matter if i try to rest..........maybe its just wishful thinking after all :-(

Still very achey but contractions have fizzled :-( hoping it gets going again but not going to hold my breath lol!

I'm watching eagerly fingers crossed for your vbac!!

:( these babys are definitely keeping us on our toes haha I've been a bit crampy for a while now I haven't bothered timing it though cause it doesn't seem very frequent or intense just keep trying to change position every now and then from standing/walking, sitting, bouncing on my ball fingers crossed it turns into something for both us x

I am just getting so frustrated now coz they were definite contractions earlier every 15 mins and they just fizzled out. I had to stop and breathe through them. And now I'm so upset coz I got my hopes up again that it was the start and it's not looking that way. My MW even said she would be surprised if she saw me for my appt on Wednesday after she did the sweep this morning.

I've done nothing but potter round, walk and bounce today and I give up now, my back and legs are killing but it's all stopped so I'm just gonna watch some tv for a while and go to bed.

Defo get some rest it sounds like you will need it! I bet you fall asleep and your waters break

I hope so apple, I'm praying I wake to either waters breaking or stronger contractions lol!

I hope you start overnight hun. My last labour I had a sweep on the weds morning, felt crappy like you all day and then went to bed with nothing having happened, only to wake up at around 3am to my waters breaking all over the bed!

I hope you start overnight hun. My last labour I had a sweep on the weds morning, felt crappy like you all day and then went to bed with nothing having happened, only to wake up at around 3am to my waters breaking all over the bed!

Ooh I like hearing this makes me feel a little less deflated that nothing's happening! Thanks :)

Hopefully things will pick up again for you soon. If you think things are starting I'd try to get some rest - and maybe a hot curry (worked for me after my sweep!) Good luck!

Oh I've tried everything now mrs hm I give up, rest or being active nothing's happening lol! I've tried spicy food, pineapple, had 2 sweeps now, being active. I know he'll come when he's ready but he's running out of time before I have to have a c section lol! Oh well, whatever will be will be I guess!

Oh I've tried everything now mrs hm I give up, rest or being active nothing's happening lol! I've tried spicy food, pineapple, had 2 sweeps now, being active. I know he'll come when he's ready but he's running out of time before I have to have a c section lol! Oh well, whatever will be will be I guess!

Oh bless your heart, I really hope your little man gets a move on! How long have you got before the docs start pushing for cs? I was allowed 7 days, and I'm not sure if I would have argued for more time as being heavily pregnant is vvv hard work. Hang on in there, I've everything crossed for you! :thumbup:

Thanks hun, I've got til sunday. Just had my third sweep and hoping third times a charm lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->