possibly the craziest thing you have heard.... but just thought i would ask!?

lucy_smith

Reaction score
basically i was ttc/ntnp for 2 years before falling pregnant with my first. and now been ttc almost 1 year for my second.

before falling pregnant with my 1st, i was getting a lot of spotting during my cycles so dr told me to go back on microgynon for a few months in the hope it would kick start my period.

when i was 3 weeks pregnant ( 1 week before period was due) i started spotting .... i presumed it was my period starting so started the pill. and kept taking it for 3-4 weeks until i found out i was pregnant which was when i was 7 weeks pregnant.
this is the only time ive been pregnant in the 3 years

am i crazy to think that being on the pill just before my period was due but after ovulation helped to maintain my pregnancy ?? is this crazy??

ive read somewhere that some people have low progesterone and need to take tablets to maintain a pregnancy ........ would the pill do a similar thing? or am i completly nuts!!!!! ?

or is it just a complete fluke ??

Most likely a coincidence unless you have a history of early miscarriages. Women who need progesterone take it through the first trimester because the placenta doesn't start producing progesterone until about week 12 of pregnancy. Usually women who have had a history of chemical pregnancies and early miscarriages take progesterone as a safe guard. You can ask your doc about progesterone supplements, it doesn't hurt anything so why not take them?

I did a natural progesterone cream during my first trimester...who knows if it made difference but i did it anyway! Do you temp and chart to know if you are ovulating regularly?

for the last few months i have started using the cbfm. so that tracks and gives me a rough idea as it tells me my 2 peak days.

got the drs in a couple of weeks so hoping they will take me seriously and maybe run some tests to find out why i struggle to conceive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->